Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:04 PM

E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews (35436 Views)

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by AmazingELixir: 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Torylanez:

Hack a block chain technology ?
Chai Nairaland de harbour so many illiterates ��

Was it not developed by a human?
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by fsb(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Academicwizman:

E-naira is on Blockchain. There are basically two types of Blockchain. That is, permissioned and permissionedless Blockchain. They both use the distributed ledger system. However, permission Blockchain (the one on which e-naira is mined) can be controlled by a super entity (e.g CBN) unlike the permissionless Blockchain (on which Bitcoin is hosted) that cannot be controlled by a single entity. Records of both are immutable.

Interesting, I have learnt something new.
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Torylanez(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
AmazingELixir:

Was it not developed by a human?

Get educated , just because it was developed by human doesn't mean it can get hacked !!!

That's why fintech now build their apps on block chain and also u 2SA to protect it

So No , eNaira can't be hacked if u as a customer don't give out your details to fraudsters

Get educated
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by xelly: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Only as a rapist cheesy I don't do headslammers tongue Btw, go ask your mama which cow raped her in the farm bfor she got u shocked

Now that I am a Southerner and not a Muslim nkor?
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by AmazingELixir: 6:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
Torylanez:

Get educated , just because it was developed by human doesn't mean it can get hacked !!!

That's why fintech now build their apps on block chain and also u 2SA to protect it

So No , eNaira can't be hacked if u as a customer don't give out your details to fraudsters

Get educated

You need that education more than I do...the fact that blockchain technology configuration is decentralized and distributed doesn't mean its protocols cannot be bypassed..the most outstanding safeguard is that bridged segment is localized and doesn't not compromise the other segment. So youngman limit yourself to the things you know...as long as cyber warfare is concerned you're a learner.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by budaatum: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2021

Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Torylanez(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
AmazingELixir:

You need that education more than I do...the fact that blockchain technology configuration is decentralized and distributed doesn't mean its protocols cannot be bypassed..the most outstanding safeguard is that bridged segment is localized and doesn't not compromise the other segment. So youngman limit yourself to the things you know...as long as cyber warfare is concerned you're a learner.

Why has Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies been hacked then ?
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by AmazingELixir: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2021
Torylanez:

Why has Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies been hacked then ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58331959
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by heysquare(m): 5:54am On Oct 29, 2021
Fejoku:

The app is dead and gone for our good.
Let me take it up with you so all those who read our exchange will determine who between us is right. I want you to tell the world the benefit of this electronic naira on the populace. Already your CBN has washed its hands off any monetary loss one suffers while using it so you should tell us who will be held liable for any loss in the course of using it by the people. Let me stop for now. I await your answers to these questions. If you don't answer them, don't ever bother to mention me again now and in the future.
All the enemies of this nation would alws put to shame. They shall all fall and fail. I asked you what you will do if the app return to play store you didn't answer that. Keep hating and wailing it's your choice.
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Simdyofficial(f): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2021
xelly:

Now that I am a Southerner and not a Muslim nkor?
same thing.. Ask her to show you the cow shocked
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Danisaint112(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2021
DominusPrime:

Really? So the app was working perfectly well but play store decided to take it down right?

Yes na. You. Think say Nigerians get joy? Anything Nigerian gonvernment and her allies drop on Playstore in this Buhari regime must go down.
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2021
Danisaint112:

Yes na. You. Think say Nigerians get joy? Anything Nigerian gonvernment and her allies drop on Playstore in this Buhari regime must go down.
Ow...lol...I get you now...but no be say e dey work well. The thing had too many issues and people dey complain
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by FabianE6789(m): 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
alphaNomega:
There are not reinventing anything. It's all hogwash. Do you remember Nigeria air?

Yes I do
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by alphaNomega: 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
FabianE6789:

Yes I do
Good
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by ivolt: 7:49am On Nov 02, 2021
micellgevity:

In my honest opinion, I have read and read over and over again, but I still can't comprehend how eNaira is different from the Naira in my bank account that I can transfer to any other bank account. This feature which seems to be the flagship of the eNaira.
You are right, the eNaira is primarily to benefit the CBN by reducing the need for paper currency
and maybe revenue from transactions.

The CBN banned crypto currency in Nigeria, but still went ahead to introduce eNaira which they claim use blockhchain technology. I don't think they know what they want.
Crypto and blockchain are 2 different technologies. Blockchain has potential application in defense and even voting systems, processes
that has nothing to do with money. You can read more on them.

The best the CBN could do for Nigerians is to create an eDollar wallet where everyone will have access to forex without going to bank or bureau de change. This is how I think it should work:
1. You download the eDollar wallet and register.
2. Fund your eDollar wallet with Naira from your Naira bank account. Upon funding this eDollar wallet with Naira, your Naira automatically converts to dollars based on the CBN rate, which you can use to do do international transactions.
With this, there won't be any bureau de change or Aboki Fx to speculate the dollar price. The reason being that only the CBN will have control over the rate because the eDollar wallet belongs to them. Also, they will be able to monitor every dollar that goes out of this country for international transactions. There will also be a daily limit to the amount you can transact or transfer. Terrorists can be put under watch as there should be a law banning physical dollars in the circulation. Let all dollar transactions go through CBN eDollar wallet. In my opinion, I think the bereau de change will be out of business, the commercial banks will be boycotted and won't be able to cheat customers, speculators will not have anything to speculate and there will be one common dollar price.

This all sounds well and good until you take your time to examine the FX market.
Speculation exists because the CBN have very limited supply of dollars which they indirectly admit to.
There have always been middle men and speculators even when 1 Dollar was equal to 5 Naira.

Your eDollar wallet idea will fail because importers need more dollar than CBN can provide.
Suppose the CBN releases 1 million dollar weekly and there are 10 importers in Nigeria
who need a total of 2 million dollar each, how are they going to cope?
Well, they will get whatever they can via eDollar quickly and exhaust CBN supply.
Ordinary Nigerians who aren't fast enough won't get a dime.

The businessmen and the public will then have to source for more dollar from black markets and we
are back to square one.
Re: E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
Danisaint112:

Lol...now I get you boss...they just want to keep us in poverty...God pass them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

8 Best Fiverr Gigs That Will Make You $3,000 In 2 Months 100% Guarantee / Obi Cubana Pays Homage To Arthur Eze In Ukpo Anambra: Video / Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.