Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,332 members, 7,881,237 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:54 PM

NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden (322 Views)

Tinubu Announces 3-month Suspension Of Foreign Trips For MDAs, Ministers / 2023 Presidency: Okowa Laments, Says Peter Obi’s Emergence Will Affect PDP / NCC: We Don’t Have adequate Coverage For Electronic Transmission Of Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden by Insecurity(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
NTA laments, says free coverage for MDAs, a burden

The management of the Nigerian Television Authority has lamented that Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government often invite the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, in order to get live broadcast of their events by the national television network.

NTA’s Director-General, Yakubu Mohammed, while appearing before the House of Representatives’ Committee on Information, National Orientation, Ethics and Values for 2022 budget defence in Abuja on Tuesday, said such free coverage has become a burden on the station.

Mohammed said, “We are always talking about our problems and when we do, the committee gives us a shoulder on which to lean on, but the problems persist.

“Among these problems are inadequate funding, non-completion of NTA’s permanent site, dilapidated buildings and equipment all over the country and the digitisation funding which the minister (Lai Mohammed) has spoken about yesterday.

“We are also facing the problem of free coverage. Most people think because it is a Federal Government’s establishment, they can just get this for free, forgetting that we do have our charges — we do have our cost. Some of the services we provide attract cost and then, we have competition and all other issues.
The competition for example, not every part of NTA is digitalised. For example, you go out with a digital camera, then you bring in pictures; in the process of transmission, you transmit using analogue equipment. At the end of the day, the pictures are not as bright as they should be.”

According to the DG, NTA is capable of making enough money to sustain itself if it is left alone and not seen as a government’s station that is there for everybody to come and enjoy free services.

Mohammed added, “Everybody thinks that NTA is a government establishment — it belongs to all of us. So, we go to NTA, get the services offered by NTA for free. I did mention that our services attract a cost. For example, for every large coverage I do, I pay Intelsat in hard currency.

“Right now on my desk, I have a letter from a government agency that I am sure has a budget for media publicity, asking me to give them four hours of live coverage free of charge plus 9 o’clock news free announcement on the network news.

“What ministries, agencies and parastatals of government do is that they invite the minister (Lai Mohammed) to be the guest of honour at an event because they know that once the minister is there, NTA must cover. So, these are the kind of things that prevent us from making money.”

https://punchng.com/nta-laments-says-free-coverage-for-mdas-a-burden/

Re: NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden by Crowwejihadist: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
NTA is as useless as Buhari.

1 Like

Re: NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden by Truthissupreme: 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
Lam bring after collecting $500m loan which Lia said would make them become cnn
Re: NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden by Emergingnation(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
Truthissupreme:
Lam bring after collecting $500m loan which Lia said would make them become cnn
Become CNN ke grin NTA aka Northern Television Authority..... grin
Re: NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden by Maxymilliano(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
One of the benefits of watching NTA is that you will be free from all the negative things that's are happening in Nigeria

Section of the country will be in crisis and NTA Wil be busy showing Argungu fishing Festival or rice harvest from a plantation in Taraba

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NTA Laments, Says Free Coverage For MDAS, A Burden by Leboska(m): 12:27am On Oct 28, 2021
So nta still dey exist?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!! Pfn Warns Ipob Sternly | Pfn Vs Ipob / Dear Imolites 2023 Uzodinma Is Leaving That Seat Dead Or Alive! / Lagos Local Council Imposes ‘illegal’ N100 Daily Levy On Pos Operators After Yea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.