Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,567 members, 7,926,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:19 PM

Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 (730 Views)

Arsenal Thrashed Chelsea 5-0 To Top Premiership League Table / Emmanuel Bonaventure Scores As Watford Thrashed Manchester United / Maradona Kissing A Blonde Lady In Stadium While France Thrashed Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by allgoodlight(m): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Bayern Munich suffered their biggest defeat since 1978 as they were thrashed at Borussia Monchengladbach in the German Cup second round.

Borussia Monchengladbach thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 in the second round of the German DFB Cup in what was a shock defeat for the visitors.

It is the first time in the competition's history that Bayern have lost by more than five goals while no other side has ever scored more than three goals, let alone five, against Julian Nagelsmann’s side.

It was also Monchengladbach's first ever Cup win over Bayern.

“I am absolutely shocked,” said Bayern sports director Hasan Salihamidzic.

“We were just not there. We did not win a single tackle or challenge in the entire first half.

“Everything that could go wrong went wrong. Gladbach did it really well. We were absolutely not there. A blackout. It should not have happened to us in such a way.”

Monchengladbach took no time to settle into their stride when Kouadio Kone opened the scoring in the second minute.

Ramy Bensebaini then added a second before converting his spot-kick to give the hosts a comfortable 3-0 lead with only 21 minutes on the clock.

It wasn't as if Bayern were playing their second string either. They only made three changes from their 4-0 win over Hoffenheim on Saturday with Manuel Neuer, Benjamin Pavard, Dayot Upamecano, Lucas Hernandez, Joshua Kimmich, Serge Gnabry, Thomas Muller and Robert Lewandowski all starting.

Bayern went into the second half trying to claw something back but conceded just six minutes after the break when Breel Embolo, who provided the assist for the opener, made it four. The 24-year-old then rounded off the 5-0 rout with his second of the game.

Nagelsmann’s side managed to close up shop for the last 33 minutes of the match but the damage was already done following their humiliating performance.

It is only Bayern’s second defeat in all competitions this season. They sit top of the Bundesliga on 22 points having only lost one match, a 3-2 defeat against Eintracht Frankfurt earlier this month.

Monchengladbach, however, are down in 12th, 11 points adrift of the league leaders.

Re: Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by rexchazy(m): 8:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Mumu game cutting Bayern

1 Like

Re: Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by Emperormartin(m): 8:16am On Oct 28, 2021
They don’t want Lewandowski to win balon d’or
Re: Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by vanida6: 8:23am On Oct 28, 2021
then used Liverpool style humiliated Bayern of all people's cheesy

E shock me wen I check live scores come see 5-0 cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by Solofresh2: 8:25am On Oct 28, 2021
They have been trashing clubs too
Let them get trashed as well

1 Like

Re: Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 28, 2021
Gladbach always wins Bayern from home.

Last year, score was 3:2

1 Like

Re: Borussia Monchengladbach Thrashed Bayern Munich 5-0 by kenzysmith: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2021
I see am for dream one mind say make I.play that game 10k then I remember I no longer gamble again am proud of my self

(1) (Reply)

I Am Happy To Be A Bus Driver In London-rachael Ayegba, Ex-super Falcons Goalie / This Is How Achraf Hakimi Outsmarted His Ex Wife / Israel Adesanya Ex-girlfriend Charlotte Powdrell demands Half Of His Wealth In C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.