Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,631 members, 7,918,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:53 PM

If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... (1391 Views)

Abel Damina Didn’t Ordain Dr Paul Enenche Into Ministry - Paul Odola Opens Up / Thread For Pastors And Those Called Into Ministry / Before We All Turn God Into A Joke In Nigeria... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Good day fellas, If u have the call of God into a ministry and u ignore the call, and u are busy pursueing money, u will continue to suffer until u make a U-turn.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Bigredmachine: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by peggywebbs(f): 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Haha...why na. Me I want money...is there a way I can negotiate with God? He is seriously dealing with me.

Truvelisback:
Good day fellas, If u have the call of God into a ministry and u ignore the call, and u are busy pursueing money, u will continue to suffer until u make a U-turn.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Mystery9(m): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
This message is also speaking to me.

1 Like

Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2021
peggywebbs:

Haha...why na. Me I want money...is there a way I can negotiate with God? He is seriously dealing with me.

I know a pastor who was resisting the call of God(full time ministry) and was pursueing money. He was a phone engineer. God had been using different people tell him to evangelise, win souls and plant a church. This pastor ignored these people and was busy doing his phone repairing job. So, God dealt with him. God caused him to have issue btw him and his customer over phone issue. This customer used police to lock him up in a cell. Na for cell wey him dey nai my guy start to preach to people. Him become pastor by force. After some days, he was released. My guy had no choice than to do what God had instructed him to do. He learnt his lesson the hard way.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
Truvelisback:
There is no such thing as a call of God into a ministry. That is of the doctrines and traditions of men and has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided

Everyone in the world is called to believing in Jesus Christ and those who do have the same exam mandate which is to do as Jesus Christ did and more - no such thing as specialization in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2021
Truvelisback:
I know a pastor who was resisting the call of God(full time ministry) and was pursueing money. He was a phone engineer. God had been using different people tell him to evangelise, win souls and plant a church. This pastor ignored these people and was busy doing his phone repairing job. So, God dealt with him. God caused him to have issue btw him and his customer over phone issue. This customer used police to lock him up in a cell. Na for cell wey him dey nai my guy start to preach to people. Him become pastor by force. After some days, he was released. My guy had no choice than to do what God had instructed him to do. He learnt his lesson the hard way.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

So everytime a business man's has problems with a client, it is God punishing him or her? undecided

1 Like

Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as a call of God into a ministry. That is of the doctrines and traditions of men and has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided

Everyone in the world is called to believing in Jesus Christ and those who do have the same exam mandate which is to do as Jesus Christ did and more - no such thing as specialization in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Bro, This has nothing to do with JW faith or belief.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bro, This has nothing to do with JW faith or belief.
Your belief is closer to the jw faith than mine is - beliefs in special offices and all those lies of men- so you may want to stop throwing those stones at me. undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2021
While I don't know if you're right or wrong about your friends issue.

But to the OP, U-turn for what? To God to make money or stop suffering?

I'm sorry, this is not the proper foundation for a ministry. Well I may be wrong. But if making a U-turn is as a result of the sufferings, I pray he doesn't end up preaching of how he stopped his phone engineering biz. to answering the call and now living the dream life.

Instead of bringing people to calvary.

This is not to judge but an exposition.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:
While I don't know if you're right or wrong about your friends issue.

But to the OP, U-turn for what? To God to make money or stop suffering?

I'm sorry, this is not the proper foundation for a ministry. Well I may be wrong. But if making a U-turn is as a result of the sufferings, I pray he doesn't end up preaching of how he stopped his phone engineering biz. to answering the call and now living the dream life.

Instead of bringing people to calvary.

This is not to judge but an exposition.
Read my post again. U seem not to get it.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
Read my post again. U seem not to get it.

A man who died with Christ won't reject the call in the first place undecided

The disciples left all they have immediately Christ called them undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 8:32am On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:

A man who died with Christ won't reject the call in the first place undecided

The disciples left all they have immediately Christ called them undecided
God calls whosoever He choses to use irrespective of their behaviour. Christ knew that Judas iscariot would betray him yet he chose him. He also knew that Judas iscariot was a thief yet he gave him the money bag. Christ chose Peter even though He knew Peter is unstable as waters, and He knew Peter would deny Him, yet He chose peter. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

1 Like

Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
God calls whosoever He choses to use irrespective of their behaviour. Christ knew that Judas iscariot would betray him yet he chose him. He also knew that Judas iscariot was a thief yet he gave him the money bag. Christ chose Peter even though He knew Peter is unstable as waters, and He knew Peter would deny Him, yet He chose peter. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
God so lived the world that He gave His only begotten Son , that Whosoever believes in Him.... God's call is to all in the world and His call is that all become like Jesus Christ. - John 3 vs 16 undecided

There is no such thing as skill specialization/division of labor in the Kingdom of God as we will all be judged the same. undecided

1 Like

Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:

I like those examples.

Thus the unqualified must deny himself, carry his cross daily and then die in Christ so as to be part of the resurrection of the saints. undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:

I like those examples.
Thus the unqualified must deny himself, carry his cross daily and then die in Christ so as to be part of the resurrection of the saints. undecided

According to the Bible book of Revelation God has called everyone {Revelations 22:17} but if anyone hears another strange voice specially calling them today they should flee from such a voice because it's the voice of demons! undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

According to the Bible book of Revelation God has called everyone {Revelations 22:17} but if anyone hears another strange voice specially calling them today they should flee from such a voice because it's the voice of demons! undecided

This is what I have undecided

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Revelation 22:17 NIV

How's it the same with your post? undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:

I like those examples.

The call of God is not something one can escape. When the set time comes, and u refuse the call, U will be dealt with by The Lord. E.g Jonah.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
The call of God is not something one can escape. When the set time comes, and u refuse the call, U will be dealt with by The Lord.
God is not a demon that He should punish those who reject or refuse Him. He already judged the World from the time of Adam and Eve, so there is no other judgement awaiting unbelievers who reject God. Just as Jesus Christ said and John the Baptist reiterated in John 3, those who reject God by refusing to believe, will remain condemned to die - perish in their graves - John 3 vs 16 - 19 and John 3 vs 36 undecided

Those who believe and are saved- have made it into the Kingdom of God particularly through the broad gate which leads to destruction - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 -24 - since they refuse to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, only have their father, the devil, to answer to. - John 8 vs 31 - 44 . He is the decider of their fate, so to speak. undecided

God's call to those of His New Covenant is in no way similar to His Old Covenant call as the one is a call to all whereas He only had a handful called as prophets in the capacity of Jonah and the others. In His New Covenant, the Spirit of Truth rests on all those who submit to and obey His teachings and His own Spirit indwells all who become Sons of God. undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
The call of God is not something one can escape. When the set time comes, and u refuse the call, U will be dealt with by The Lord. E.g Jonah.

What do you think of the new covenant? undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God is not a demon that He should punish those who reject or refuse Him. He already judged the World from the time of Adam and Eve, so there is no other judgement awaiting unbelievers who reject God. Just as Jesus Christ said and John the Baptist reiterated in John 3, those who reject God by refusing to believe, will remain condemned to die - perish in their graves - John 3 vs 16 - 19 and John 3 vs 36 undecided

Those who believe and are saved- have made it into the Kingdom of God particularly through the broad gate which leads to destruction - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 -24 - since they refuse to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, only have their father, the devil, to answer to. - John 8 vs 31 - 44 . He is the decider of their fate, so to speak. undecided
Why did paul's eyes got blinded? Who blinded paul's eyes? Why didn't he refused the call?
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:

What do you think of the new covenant? undecided
The same too happens. U can't refused the call of God. if u do, the consequence is there.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
The same too happens. U can't refused the call of God. if u do, the consequence is there.

You're right. But not in the way you think it. The punishment is that you lose your position. undecided

Haven't you seen those who claimed they have a call but know not Christ? undecided

Yet they perform miracles undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
Why did paul's eyes got blinded? Who blinded paul's eyes? Why didn't he refused the call?
Paul was not blinded because he believed in Jesus Christ, and certainly not because he refused God's call or something of that hogwash you keep asserting. Paul did not know of such a call until after his encounter with Jesus Christ. undecided

Paul, himself explained that he was struck with blindness because he, a person of the Old Covenant tried to stand in the way of God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ and His followers. I recall Zachariah was another Old Covenant individual who tried to stand in the way of God's New Covenant - He was made dumb as a result, and it wasn't until after he changed his mind that he could speak again. undecided

As to why Paul didn't refuse the supposed call, i would probably say because he realized that he had been serving a lie and finally found the truth in Jesus Christ. I mean you have to use your head in these things for Pete's sake. Here we have a fervent Pharisee in Paul who at 23 was already engaged with one of the best teachers or their Colleges at the time. Rather than busy himself with acquiring wealth as was typical of Pharisees during his time, Paul instead went after those who he believed preached blasphemy in the name of his God. undecided

On one such mission, Paul encounters Jesus Christ and from that encounter realizes God's plan all along and came to know that Jesus Christ was indeed the promised one. What reason would Paul have had to refuse the invitation? undecided

1 Like

Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:

You're right. But not in the way you think it. The punishment is that you lose your position. undecided

Haven't you seen those who claimed they have a call but know not Christ? undecided

Yet they perform miracles undecided
It goes beyound that.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Paul was not blinded because he believed in Jesus Christ, and certainly not because he refused God's call or something of that hogwash you keep asserting. Paul did not know of such a call until after his encounter with Jesus Christ. undecided

Paul, himself explained that he was struck with blindness because he, a person of the Old Covenant tried to stand in the way of God's New Covenant, Jesus Christ and His followers. I recall Zachariah was another Old Covenant individual who tried to stand in the way of God's New Covenant - He was made dumb as a result, and it wasn't until after he changed his mind that he could speak again. undecided

As to why Paul didn't refuse the supposed call, i would probably say because he realized that he had been serving a lie and finally found the truth in Jesus Christ. I mean you have to use your head in these things for Pete's sake. Here we have a fervent Pharisee in Paul who at 23 was already engaged with one of the best teachers or their Colleges at the time. Rather than busy himself with acquiring wealth as was typical of Pharisees during his time, Paul instead went after those who he believed preached blasphemy in the name of his God. undecided

On one such mission, Paul encounters Jesus Christ and from that encounter realizes God's plan all along and came to know that Jesus Christ was indeed the promised one. What reason would Paul have had to refuse the invitation? undecided

Absolutely!

OP should know that an encounter is not enough but knowing or realizing the truth undecided

Paul realized the truth aside the encounter. He went to study for 13 years before preaching the Gospel of Christ undecided

Many were there when Christ did the miracle with 2 fishes and 5 loaves undecided

But they didn't see the bigger plan undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
It goes beyound that.

Tell me undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:
Absolutely!
OP should know that an encounter is not enough but knowing or realizing the truth undecided
Paul realized the truth aside the encounter. He went to study for 13 years before preaching the Gospel of Christ undecided
Many were there when Christ did the miracle with 2 fishes and 5 loaves undecided
But they didn't see the bigger plan undecided
Wait... Paul studied where for 13 years? undecided
I was under the impression that he took about 3.5 to 7 years before he began proper preaching of the gospel. undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
It goes beyound that.
Beyond what? undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Truvelisback(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ayo081:

Tell me undecided
Losing position.
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Ayo081(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wait... Paul studied where for 13 years? undecided

Yes He gave a little intro about it in Galatians 1 undecided

https://john.do/st-paul-and-14-years-of-preparation/

https://dwellcc.org/learning/essays/chronological-study-pauls-ministry

Do more research about it. undecided
Re: If U Have The Call Of God Into Ministry..... by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
Truvelisback:
Losing position.
Loosing what position again? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Know Angels Had SEX With Beautiful Women And The Romps Produced Giants! / Please Read This Book: The Hordes Of Hell Are Marching I, Ii, Iii / The Many ‘sins’ Of Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.