Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,771 members, 7,945,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:28 PM

ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? (8109 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by jayvin01: 2:07am On Aug 04, 2007
well GTB as it appears to me, it really sucks because i followed a friend to a GTB bank at ijebu where they have no ATM i guess, let me show u how u use ur ATM there,

Go to the cashier, give him/her your ATM card, and they he/she is gonna ask u a question, like, what is yo name, if u get that rite, u are on, shit they didnt even bothered to ask for the pin, what if i went there with someone elses ATM and i mastered the name? i guess that person don enta konga be that cos i him/her account balance will be unfavourable at the end of the day grin grin, this s**t is true, i am an eye witness of it!!! GTB ATM sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and if you dont believe, just holla at me with your atm, i dont need your code, then 2days after, go and count your blessings on your bank statement grin grin you go hear weih!!! shocked shocked shocked

Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by akins4(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2007
nigeria banks are not matured enough to use ATMS. they Bleep us up.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by otokx(m): 10:34am On Aug 04, 2007
One thing with Nigerian banks is that some branches are more equal than others so please don't just go to the nearest branch to you but rather move down to one that is operational in all terms. I have not used my Intercontinental Bank ATM in their branch here in UNIIPORT but the two times I used it at their main branch at OLU OBASANJO rd it was cool.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by ryu11(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2007
The most amazing thing happened to me somedays ago. I've previously heard of the ATM scam, so what i do is; I request for a mini statement before I ask to withdraw. That way if theres a problem with network etc my money doesn't get touched. last week I forgot to do so. I tried to collect 10K only for the atm to print a message: Your financial insititution is unavailable. I printed a receipt. later`i succeeded in collecting the money, but i c'dn't get a ministatement.

I did get a ministatement 2 days later and discovered my account was debited that initial 10k, only to be later credited the same amount. I can hardly blive it. Thought to share it. It's not only when something is bad that we should share.

Peace. cheesy
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by dearstan(m): 8:19am On Aug 05, 2007
i once lost 5k via an atm machine. it happened i was double charged, though i never tried to claim back the money.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by software(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2007
more reason why i wount have an atm in this country
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by kay4suree(m): 11:15am On Aug 06, 2007
It is quite obvious that people are not well informed about the process flow of ATM transaction.Although, it is a new development and all sort of issues that are enamating from its use are being address accordingly.I do hope that everything will soon be fine-tune to meet the required standard.It also depends on the link of the particular bank that you are using their machine,if their link is good, the flow of the transaction will be good as well.But if otherwise the transaction may be aborted or failed.But as we all know GTB is one of the leading bank in technology because they rarely have a down time unless the maintanance work is being carried-on on their system.But all the same sha,we've started it we will soon reach the promise land.

Cheers!!!
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by brushparke(m): 3:55am On Aug 11, 2007
The machines haven't given me any of these bitter experience. The only problem i have with them is that, the are not just there and working properly when you leave you home hoping to go and get cash. If you believe in them, you could get stranded.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by knightdew(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2007
hello, i'm sure most people have stories to tell concerning these ATM scams, however to add my own contribution im willing to send a free copy of my ebook on How to protect urself from scammers, ATM scams are inclusive, just send me an email depicting your interest @ iustusinmaria@yahoo.co.uk, take care
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by zimba315(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2007
as a banker, i think is not the fault of the banks its due to the situation of things within the banking system and the security needed to secure your master card that why it take so much time.while for the atm if any error occured on the machine it is reversable that why they told you to go back to your bank were you collect your atm card from. meanwhile the bank has nothing to do untill the m achine reverse itself and you will be given a form to fill so that they will do everything to reverse the case so thanks. banks are not thief NEITHER
the machine is for fraud.please do not be specific about a bank have you tried other banks and they never did the same please it is important to know or have idea of what you are talking or discussin about.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by cyprianjr(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2007
Experienced this incident of 50k with UBA's ATM machine but i got my cash back, good customer service too.

If you have any ATM issue,i suggest you call your banks general cust serv numb,don't just sit back thinking your local branch will handle the situation-might and might not work.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by funfavour(f): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2007
e ya sorry abt yr probs i have a similar probs too wit this damn ATMs it gave me a wrong balance, i had to go to my bank for confirmation!!! thk God notin tragic happened
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by tipsy289(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2007
i didnt know the atm's and retrieving ur bank cards back were difficult in naija,if funds keep going away from ur account(the way it is in canada),first make sure its ur bank ATM then u know they will not charge you for withdrawing.also banks tend to charge their customers every first of the month for using your account and the ATM's, Also check ur account type,some allow a number of transactions or withdrawals monthly(say 25 a month),passing this limit can mean they are charging u everytime you use it after the limit
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by sunej(m): 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2007
I strongly disagree with all your negative views of ATM except you live in the rural part.
I use both GTB and Intercontinenetal Bank ATM. I really enjoy their service and any dispense error is always attended to very fast.

ATM has really been of big help to me, am a big spender and almost get's up to N60,000.00 daily without having to enter the banking hall.

To me, I really appreciate ATM and Thank God it has come to be.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by profibadan: 2:52pm On Apr 16, 2009
GTB ob me of 55,000 naira through their stupid ATM. we do not have laws in this country for the poor. I think this ATM thing is a way to rob innocent people thrugh ICT. Nigeria Banks are now involve in Financial Yahoo-Yahooo.
For more than 6 days now, my money has not been restored they keep tellling me it is network problem.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by walesmann: 3:10pm On Apr 16, 2009
Robbed you of N55,000? .

How did this happen ?
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by profibadan: 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2009
I use the ATM to make withdrawal 2ce and my money was not dispensed instead my account was debited 55,000 naira and I contacted the bank but for 6 days now my money has not been returned, they keep complaining about network problem.
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by blacksta(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2009
profibadan:

I use the ATM to make withdrawal 2ce and my money was not dispensed instead my account was debited 55,000 naira and I contacted the bank but for 6 days now my money has not been returned, they keep complaining about network problem.

This is same technology that work flawlessly in another country( i have used atm for almost 12 years and i have never heard of this issue anywhere in the u.k) but bring the same technology to Nigeria na another story. What a shame
Re: ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? by jamace(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
Na wa o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Free Report On Cashew Nuts Trading..... / Is There A Market For Tilapia Fish / Distributors Of Fast Moving Products Wanted Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.