Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,043 members, 7,883,613 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Cost Of Rearing 500 Broilers In Nigeria With The Profit Amount - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Rearing 500 Broilers In Nigeria With The Profit Amount (734 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry / How Many Bags Of Feed Does It Take To Feed 500 Broilers Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Rearing 500 Broilers In Nigeria With The Profit Amount by Chidisam(m): 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
It is needless to state that poultry farming is one of the most booming businesses in the agricultural sector in recent times. Consequently, people dive into this business with little or no background studies or training, thus making the same poultry farming mistakes several farmers have made.

One such mistake is improper record keeping like the cost of production, losses, profits, direct and indirect expenses, etc

Without proper record keeping, you are just like a leaf floating in the air without a direction-its fate could be anywhere. The same fate awaits any poultry farmer who does not keep proper record keeping.

However, in this post, I am going to estimate the cost of rearing 500 broilers in Nigeria with its profit amount.

Although, my last post on cost and profit was on; cost of rearing 100 broilers in Nigeria with the profit amount, and several people requested for the cost of rearing 500 broilers, which we are about to dive into now.

Please, get a piece of paper, a pen, and a calculator because we are going to do some calculations.

Without any further ado, let get down working.

How much does it cost to rear 500 broilers in Nigeria?

Let assume you have a structure already in place and manpower/labor will probably be done by you and your family, but I am still going to estimate it for those who may which to employ a helper. I am very certain that one helper will be enough.

These are the major expenses at the time of writing this article:

500-day old chicks (DOC) at ₦515 = ₦257,500

1 piece of plywood for making brooder @ ₦2,000. 3 x 2000 =₦ 6,000
2 bags of charcoal for heating the brooder = ₦8,000
2 charcoal burners (Jiko) = ₦6,000
15 bags of wood shavings@₦200 = ₦3000

How many bags of feed will feed 500 broilers for 8 weeks?

The table below contains the age, expected body weight, and the cumulative feed intake for male and female broilers from week one to week nine.

We shall be using the table to estimate the quantity of feed 500 broilers will consume for 8 weeks. To continue Learning, click the link below

https://www.poultryfarmguide.com/blog/cost-of-rearing-500-broilers-in-nigeria/

Re: Cost Of Rearing 500 Broilers In Nigeria With The Profit Amount by MANGAM(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
Following keenly
Re: Cost Of Rearing 500 Broilers In Nigeria With The Profit Amount by AduroSA(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
Just in time
Please DM your whatsapp digits

(1) (Reply)

Let's Learn Vegetable Cultivation!!! Newbies Only / RABBIT URINE / 2 Units Of Rice Destoner For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.