Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,146 members, 7,880,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:59 PM

Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria (35604 Views)

50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG / Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools / Anambra Commences On Air Teaching Of Pupils, Students Today On ABS Radio 88.5FM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by deji17: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Grace001:

When the head is rotten, I guess you know the remaining words.

It means you confuse democracy with dictatorship. States and Local govt are independent.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by DaRuud(m): 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThisisBuhari:
The fatherland they are serving is unmerciful and unfair to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEevyoof_mc

*Step 1*
Identify the State , the school and where it happened

*Step 2*
Arrest the headmaster, head teacher of the school

*Step 3*

Sweep the case under the carpet

*Step 4*

Bring the next story to bury this story .
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by idahme(m): 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
It is finished. Innocent pupils we are supposed to protect and nurture, this is really bad.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by omotoyiwa(f): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
Why on earth will a school allow these children stand in this dirty water all in the name of assembly
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by victorkc(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
Watching this I am weeping in outwardly and in my heart. What did these children do to deserve this. This is the height of man's inhumanity to man. Both the School administration and Government are inescapable. God will judge them for this. Exposing these children to this kund of condition is unpardonable sin. God will judge
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by maxito28: 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nigeria is balagas
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Yankee101: 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Not fair
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Iykoto86(m): 9:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
halima83:
and yet you keep singing biafla biafla, see what your governors are supposed to fixed.
Nigeria is a failed state. This brouhaha will not last.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Chyma231(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
Which way Nigeria
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Raypawer(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
Where is this school? Name and shame the state

I am starting to think it's your state

Federal government will not be building schools, its the responsibility of other lower tiers of government.

Call out the state!

ThisisBuhari:

Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThisisBuhari:

Why is nobody talking about closing down the school for gathering children in an unsafe environment?

This s not about Nigeria but a case of a greedy and wicked business owner who has no passion at all for Education but for the money he will make. That we could see water login around the school premises show that the school was built in an unsafe environment in the first place.

What about asking the kids to stay in their class for the assembly or just skip the exercise because of the environment.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThisisBuhari:

This is rubbish comment against our dear country. I don't know what is wrong with u, u have bad leaders, u failed to change them by becoming accomplice to the bad governance but to ur delusion and ignorance accusing ur Fatherland for the fault u created.
Rubbish!
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by delpee(f): 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
I just learnt that the school is in Makoko. The video was done by a Church which wanted to assist the owner with fundraising. The owner built it for out of school children but the place was always flooded. It has been demolished and will be rebuilt. LASG Commissioner for Education will do something about it shortly.

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by ecrypto: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
See when those children where going to school..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE5JKYuiecI
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Grace001: 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
deji17:

It means you confuse democracy with dictatorship. States and Local govt are independent.

You are right,FG is doing wonders can’t you see it all over.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by deji17: 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Grace001:

You are right,FG is doing wonders can’t you see it all over

Be shouting FG that is in Abuja, while your LG Chairman and State governor that lives across the road from you, are carting away your allocation to Dubai and other developed countries.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by calcal: 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
TRADELYN:
Terrible leaders Nigerians have there.

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — As South Africa heads into crucial local elections Monday, the country has been hit by a series of crippling power blackouts that many critics say highlight poor governance. With South African residents and businesses struggling to cope with cuts in electricity for up to six hours a day, the government’s failure to provide a stable power supply is a burning election issue. The country’s state-owned power utility Eskom, which provides about 90% of South Africa’s electricity, has for years been marred by allegations of mismanagement and corruption.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by mastermaestro(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
Focusmind:
The teachers in that school are terribly stupid. What message were they trying to pass. What rubbish?? Subjecting the kids to this cruelty.

I wonder why people are screaming government up and down. A reasonable person should focus their attention on the school authority that sanctioned such an assembly. If the compound is flooded, pupils ordinarily should be asked to go straight to their classrooms.

It's a shame that an individual (school management) in his little corner can be this reckless, and yet turns around to blame politicians.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by obailala(m): 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
Alfamann:
After watching this, why won't you support unknown gunmen, bandits, seccesionist, terrorists ??
Only a fool will support gun wielding miscreants and armed robbers randomly killing people simply because the govt has failed to live up to it's responsibilities. What's even the link? What's the logic?
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by obailala(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
dig64:
After this an idiot will follow Tinubu and co to be singing OneLiegeria and expect others to follow suit.
There's a 99.99% probability that that school is a state owned school. So pray tell, what exactly is the logic between this school and breaking up Nigeria?

That Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas belong to the same country, how exactly is that responsible for the current state of this state owned school?
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Valuc: 12:28am On Oct 31, 2021
Who asked or allowed this kids to do this... Is dis a show off ...? Wo if my pikin dey there... The school go hearam for my hand... Dem dey mad..
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:38am On Oct 31, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6827834/video-pupils-singing-national-anthem

Quoted for posterity sake!
We will take up this matter personally!!
Find out the school,
The school management,
The local government chairman,
The constituency representative,
And most importantly, the State Governor.
This is the height of it!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Rhozabeth(m): 1:03am On Oct 31, 2021
This video really got me mad this evening!!! No principal or headmaster can put my child in this kind of stupid condition, I don't care what the school is going thru! My kid should never go tbru this, no be me swear for the school o!
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:16am On Oct 31, 2021
This is a psychological torture on the innocent kids.

Please nobody should blame Buhari for this because there is a councilor, a chairman of this local government and house of assembly reps and even a Senator…

The commissioner for Education and educational boards are all there…

Damn�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️...

In summary, I don't think God created a black man properly.�������‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️

Who cursed Nigeria? �‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by themanderon: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2021
The poor things. If only they knew Nigeria has already started failing them they might not be gleefully singing that song. To think I was once like them singing gloriously thinking this nation had a beautiful future. The future reality today is that the nation has failed and continued to fail and will perpetually be a failed state until we start doing the right things.
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by ugotaya: 4:31am On Oct 31, 2021
See What He Did At A Bank When They Refused To Pay Him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QbPsup8v0
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by bluord360(m): 5:01am On Oct 31, 2021
Look At Our Younger Ones, The So Called Next Generation ���, Is there a chairman in that LGA, Or A governor of that state where this miserable school is ? Cus I do not think so.
What's the need of going to school in Nigeria these days when the president is an illiterate, And the school authorities sef get mind still open that school because of funds Na Wa O, I fear for the health of those poor innocent children ���
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by tiswell(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2021
Caracta:
Why? Just why do they have to stand in the flood? Some things are totally unneccessary. My heart goes out to this children. Would heaven fall if they did not sing the national anthem that day? What's the point of the stupid "school assembly/gathering" they do at public schools everyday, with students standing under scorching sun or inhumane conditions? What benefit do they derive from this? They can sing in their classrooms for chrissakes! Foolish leaders and school board! Exposing these children to germs, diseases, and all sort, in the middle of a freaking pandemic!!!
they want government's attention.
How long will they sing under such deplorable condition unnoticed?

The government of the day has failed WOEFULLY
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by Bigpapi: 5:59am On Oct 31, 2021
halima83:
and yet you keep singing biafla biafla, see what your governors are supposed to fixed.

Olosho

1 Like

Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by EagleNest(m): 6:10am On Oct 31, 2021
Noooo! What is this that my eyes is seeking? cry
Re: Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 6:26am On Oct 31, 2021
deji17:

There are decent schools in some states. Do you know which state this video was taken?

Are u really asking.
This is an everyday life in Lagos.
This one in particular is in makoko

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN Student Creates A Motorcycle From Palm Fronds And Fibre / Fresh Benue State University Graduate Celebrates. People React / Meet Unilag Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.