Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home (23041 Views)

Police Arrest & Parade 14 Invaders Of Justice Odili's Home / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home / Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by goodconsience77: 6:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
Waakanda:
...an affront on our nascent democracy.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Awoleesu(m): 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Waakanda:
...an affront on our nascent democracy.

You call a 22 year old democracy "nascent"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Tzar(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
The MBA has become a toothless bulldog.
All they know is to collect dues from lawyers while the judiciary remains in shambles!
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by IbileIfe: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2021
For those suffering from political amnesia.

Friday, December 02, 2005
Dr. Peter Odili and Baba Iyabo

The melodramatic ordeals of Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the "wanted" governor of Bayelsa state of Nigeria will not end with his prosecution in Nigeria and the UK. Because, he is not the only corrupt public official in Nigeria. And we don't have to wait until the Metropolitan Police nabs anyone of them for money laundering before we start screaming all over the place.

Recently as I was on the Nigeria LNG Jetty shuttle bus the news was on the local radio that Dr.Peter Odili donated N100 Million to the Stella Maris Catholic Church University Fund and all the other occupants laughed out aloud. That he was squandering the revenue allocation of Rivers State meant for the development of the host communities of the multinational oil companies.

The Diepreye Alamieyeseigha scandal has diverted the attention of the media from the scandal of the private jet acquired by Dr.Peter Odili that a news reporter wrote about and was arrested and detained.

President Olusegun Obasanjo alias "Baba Iyabo" has not sent his Bobbies of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)to interrogate Dr. Peter Odili.

I am sharing the opinions of the critics that Baba Iyabo is only witch-hunting his political rivals.

Mr Obasanjo set up the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in order to fight fraud in a country ranked as one of the most corrupt in the world.
But his critics say the anti-corruption drive is being used to eliminate political rivals.

Mr Alamieyeseigha is seen as being close to Vice-President Atiku Abubakar - who is vying with Mr. Obasanjo for control of the ruling People's Democratic Party.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4488198.stm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Hakeem3(m): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I have never see a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.
Oga stop spewing trash abeg.. Wetin concern NBA and cult boys wey beat girl wey wan imitate the same cult boys? NBA send her message? Abi is she in anyway affiliated to NBA? such matters is supose to be handled be the police and not NBA ok
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by luizpippo(m): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I have never see a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.

A warrant the issuing judge claimed he was decieved to grant?
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by jaxxy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Was that a matter for the courts or for the security agencies to investigate 1st? Is it the judiciary that will investigate what happens every in the country? Dora the judiciary Control the security agencies on cases not brought b4 its courts or affecting its members??

Direct ur venting to the right channels or people or let her ask for a pro bono lawyer if denied justice.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by godliman: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I also have never seen a post as useless as this one I am reading.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Tzar(m): 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
I don’t see where Mary Odili was mentioned here. Her husband Peter may be a known political criminal, but how does that criminalize her?
Kayode Opadokun a known rights activist who hardly has any stains is known to have a son involved in the Offa bank robbery, does that make him guilty of his son’s sins?!
IbileIfe:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by executive12: 7:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

They did not go with a proper search warrant. The so called search warrant did not carry the name of the Justice.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by 4four(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
pls stop exhibiting Ur foolishness in public domain, what is the concerned of NBA with one cult group in Edo beat one lady? Are they Nigerian polices to arrest the cult group? Or human right group to fight for her? U can enlighten Urself by simply search mandate of NBA on google
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Techydude: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Comments like this often make me wonder about the type of people on Nairaland. With statements like this, Nigeria is truly in trouble.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Preferito(m): 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
If all the bar operators in Nigeria form an association, what name will it be called?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by altteemy: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
toltee4real:
I thought its legal to search any apartment since they are in possession of VALID WARRANT?
While then this na?
Ordinarily, yes.

In this case however, there were loopholes on the manner and delivery of the warrant. The reason for the search request was given as 'illegal activities' which is as vague as it can get.

The warrant was given as number 7 whereby the odili residence is number 9. The warrant was also missing the name of the person the warrant was to have been addressed to.

Funny to note that it was the same magistrate that granted the first warrant that nullified it in another judgement. The claim in the nullification as being given incorrect (not accurate but something along that line) details.

If suspicion of illegal activities was enough to search any house, lots of houses would have been searched on a daily basis by law enforcement.

More details on this are on another frontpage topic that came out today.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by drololaaof: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
It is another grand plan to sideline her from becoming the CJN so that they will install another one of their own . Dere is God ooh
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by idahme(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
toltee4real:
I thought its legal to search any apartment since they are in possession of VALID WARRANT?
While then this na?
The warrant wasn't valid for the residence they went to, it was for another residence and they went to the JSC house. Even for the initial residence, there was no name for the culprit supposedly doing illegal activities according to them. That arrest showed the level of intellect exhibited by those responsible for guarding and preserving the security architecture of this country, it's abysmal I must say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by idahme(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
toltee4real:
While then this na?
It wasn't valid for the residence they went to, it was for another residence and they went to the JSC house. Even for the initial residence, there was no name for the culprit supposedly doing illegal activities according to them. That arrest showed the level of intellect exhibited by those responsible for guarding and preserving the security architecture of this country, it's abysmal I must say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by discusant: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
Anaerobi:
Malami is still denying to know such thing happened...

I thought Malami is supposed to be honest....

But he's just a bunch of Lies.

Mallamis in Nigeria’s government are on Jihad using government institutions.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by raybaba97(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
IbileIfe:

What goes around really does come around doesn't it??
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by rooftop(m): 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I have never seen a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.

Another wasted spend sighted.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
ThankUJesus:
I have never seen a useless association like NBA, these people went with search warrant, NBA was asleep when cult group in edo beat a young lady, striped her naked. Because this one is a big woman they are running the mouth from Dustbin to another. Useless Mofo, I spit.
May NBA should have reacted when Agberus fight in Oba market or when a bus conductor refused to give you your balance.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Starships4u(m): 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
toltee4real:
While then this na?

Search warrant yhu said??
The said warrant bears no 9 Imo street
Not stating where it's located nor with no tenant/occupants name to prove their knowledge of who and what they going for... Thirdly, the warrant bears names of those who ain't in service and under an office that doesn't exist.
Then they goofed big time by going to no 7 Imo River Maitama which is totally out of their jurisdiction from the said warrant.

So it's more like robbing the Judiciary to kill the same judiciary....

T
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by bdon123(m): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Lovenorth:
They can only condemn which everyone has a right to ,But to be candid we are truly satisfied with the action of our lovely security
Aboki will always remain aboki...na una way.cow mentality i guess.If u are asked right now why u ars satisfied wit d action ,m sure this ur brain will quote arni as d reason.U are a religious bigot.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by bdon123(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
Techydude:

Comments like this often make me wonder about the type of people on Nairaland. With statements like this, Nigeria is truly in trouble.
Wonder no more bro ...i bet my left testicle ...this one is surely an illiterate,forgive his ignorance.
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
You will not hear osinbajo say anything now that the judiciary is being desecrated by malami. If it were CBN he go form incredible hulk
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
IbileIfe:

How does this justify hounding the judiciary?
Besides, the writer only went about mouthing his personal opinion.
Peter Odili the accused in your story has a case with EFCC. When will the EFCC bring it to a conclusion?
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by NessFortunate: 12:04am On Oct 31, 2021
ThankUJesus:
mind you, the NBA is not a civil society group, the PRESIDENCY SHOULD STOP FOOLING AROUND, THEY SHOULD KNOW THAT THERE ARE POWERS OUTSIDE THIERS, ITS A THREE TIER OF GOVERNMENT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. BUHARI, MALAMI AND CO, MAKE UNA GET SENSE FOR ONCE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by ddeola: 6:33am On Oct 31, 2021
Bad leaders trying to intimidate perceived opposition. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by ChukuHD(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2021
Most useless association in the world
Toothless dogs
Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by DanielPop(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2021
He thinks he has said something worthwhile. What he doesn't know is that his words are the mirror to his soul. I shudder to think that a man's daughter will end up with such a character. I mean, cant you see his face through his words! Sinful.

vikyno:

To think this is the first comment to this post shows how low Nigeria has gone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home by Fourwinds: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
Lovenorth:
They can only condemn which everyone has a right to ,But to be candid we are truly satisfied with the action of our lovely security

You have gone to inhale septic tank content again. Why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi APC Tackles Tinubu, Faleke Over Ministerial Slot / Onnoghen Conviction: Lawyer Fears Over The Tenure Of Governors, Lawmakers / We’ll Push And Push Until You Win, President Buhari Assures Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.