Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,127 members, 7,880,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:03 PM

FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? (4430 Views)

See Deziani Madueke Golden Pen That Cost 60,000 Pounds Sterling, 10ml$ bra. / Fact-Check: Did Twitter Claim Ignorance Of Buhari As Nigeria's President? / Fact-Check: Did Two Persons Fly Out Of Crashed Aircraft Conveying Attahiru? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Validated: 7:10am On Oct 31, 2021
There have been stories about Mrs. Dezianni's $12.5m bra amongs other very expensive items being auctioned by FG. I am one of the curious Nigerians looking out for the site where the bra and other items would be put up on sale. Apparently, the Federal Government has not helped to provide the site or auctioneer's address because I am interested as the items would definitely be collector's choice items. My curiosity has however pushed me to question a few things that do not seem right. My curiosity, therefore, led me to fact-check this bra in particular and when they were made, by who and how Dezuane got to be a proud owner. Now, this is what I found out:

"The world's most expensive bra is the $12.5-million (£8.5-million) Heavenly Star Bra, by Victoria's Secret, created in 2001. It features 1,200 Sri Lankan pink sapphires and as its centerpiece, a 90-carat emerald cut diamond that was worth $10.6 million (£7.28 million) alone at the time. The 2005 Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra also had a $12.5-million selling price, though in comparative terms its value is less than that of the 2001 bra. Both bras were part of the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra line" https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-expensive-bra

So, from above, here are some important facts;
i. There was ONLY two of those bras made, namely, the Heavenly Star Bra in2001 and the Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra in 2005. Please, note those years.
ii. Both bras were made by Victoria's Secrets and each was worth $12.5m
iii. The particular one that is being paraded as having been acquired by Deziane is the 2001 bra. with the following description, "It features 1,200 Sri Lankan pink sapphires and as its centerpiece, a 90-carat emerald cut diamond" You can see the picture attached, that it matches what Federal Government of Nigeria claimed they recovered from Deziane's home.
I went online to Victoria Secrets' webpage to see if the same bra is still available now on sale or still being made, it is no longer available, confirming that ONLY one was made. The same bra that has gone viral as Dezianne's bra was worn by Heidi Klum in 2002 and I am wondering if Dezianne bought it after. Please, keep reading ...

Now let us do a little study of Mrs Dezianne Alison Madueke herself. Who was Mrs Dezianne Alison before she became Nigeria's minister?

"Diezani Alison-Madueke was born on the 6th of December, 1960 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State into the family of Chief Frederick Abiye Agama. After completing her primary and secondary education in Nigeria, she secured admission to study Architecture in England but completed it at Howard University in the United States. Diezani Alison-Madueke returned to Nigeria on completing her bachelor's degree and joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation. In 2002, after working with Shell for some years, she attended Cambridge Judge Business School for her MBA degree. After returning to Nigeria, she was appointed as an Executive Director in Shell, becoming the first woman ever to be appointed by Shell as an Executive Director in Nigeria. Diezani Alison-Madueke has held several significant positions in Nigeria and beyond. In July 2007, she was appointed Transportation Minister and a year later, she became the Minister of Mines and Steel Development. ... In February 2010, Alison-Madueke was appointed Minister for Petroleum Resources.

Career Achievements
• Diezani Alison-Madueke was the first woman to be appointed as an Executive Director by Shell in Nigeria - April 2006.
• She was the first female Federal Minister of Transportation in Nigeria - July 2007.
• She was the first female Federal Minister of Mines and Steel Development - December 2008.
• She was the first female Federal Minister for Petroleum Resources - April 2010.
• She was the first woman to serve as the president of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) - November 2014 to December 2015."

Now, the question that our lazy journalists, bloggers, news YouTubers, etc should have been asking are these?
i. When did Deziani acquire the most expensive bra? Was it in 2001 or 2007 when she became minister or 2010 when she became Petroleum minister?
ii. When did Victoria Secrets sell the Heavenly Star bra? Was it in the bra in the market for 9 years? That is from 2001 till 2010 when Dezianne bought it as petroleum minister?

Rather our journalists have become copy typists, who do no research but publish everything that Lie Muhammad and Femi Adesina dishes to them. No initiatives, no fact-finding, they just rush to the press and in the end, look stupid.

Conclusion: Just like all previous spurious allegations made by the Buhari-led APC government, Deziane never owned the Heavenly Star Bra. This is just another Buhari-government's propaganda, in the face of perceived threats by the PDP. You all know that anytime PDP is gaining ground, a FAT LIE about former officials of the PDP government will just arise. It is either Saraki is invited for questioning or Kwankwaso or Deziane loot, just any lie to distract gullible Nigerians. This government only thrives on falsehood, lies, and propaganda with NOTHING to show Nigerians as achievements after 6 and half years.
Everything said to have been recovered from Deziane's home, golden pen, 135 wedding gowns, etc, etc are all LIES. They were made up to deceive gullible Nigerians, to distract the populace from their failure. They were made to give Nigerians stories that will take their mind off their obvious failure and threatening insecurities all over Nigeria. With BBN gone, the youth have nothing else to occupy their minds, so they look for a distraction, here and there.

APC - Never Again!!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Adarich(m): 7:18am On Oct 31, 2021
Thank you for the exposition.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by befocused1: 7:22am On Oct 31, 2021
This is revealing!

Good job �

5 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by SadiqBabaSani: 7:23am On Oct 31, 2021
Now a human being is talking, incisive and indethp writeup

8 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by chatinent: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2021
Wonderful fact-checking!

When I saw the bloated figures of wedding gowns, I already knew they were at it again. It isn't like I ever believed anything they said tho. The sum has been shared to the cabal.

Talking about the bra tho, a whopping $12.5m? Can it resurrect the fallen walls of Jericho it's holding? Mehn!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by gasparpisciotta: 7:26am On Oct 31, 2021
This is what the average Nigerian journalist/blogger/Nairalander should do before spewing comments based on sentiments and ignorance.

The APC part though!!!

5 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Mozino007(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2021
Pls help us confirm the news circulating that the super cop Abba kyari has been reinstated!

2 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by money121(m): 7:29am On Oct 31, 2021
Ok
Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Urbanchampion: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2021
OP, you're a thief and very dubious criminal, just like the lady you're sweating to defend.
We are not having the best of time under Buhari's administration, however that hasn't made us forget the years of PDP. It's so disaapointing for you to put up that trash on Nairaland.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by jumper524(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2021
Our media houses and lies no be him.
Especially that Sahara desert and gazzeters.
People think it's all about politics and hating buhari but don't understand that most times these folks prey on your hatred to gain traffic.
That was how they claimed diezeni looted over $80billion from nnpc??
My brother how on earth did $80billion enter one woman hands that the world itself won't roll?
Too bad we have lots of kids now who comments purely for the sake of likes.
If you read old treads on this forum, you'll understand how matured the comments were despite separate political stance.
Read old treads on seuns profile and learn from matured comments.
Now people are hell bent on savages rather than productivity..
May God help us though..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by jumper524(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2021
Mozino007:
Pls help us confirm the news circulating that the super cop Abba kyari has been reinstated!
you don't need a suit sayer to tell you it's a lie.
Media houses mostly get their news from policemen they pay in secret, if Abba kyari is reinstated today, people gazzets and the rests for no let us hear word.

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by chatinent: 7:36am On Oct 31, 2021
Mozino007:

Help you confirm?

Baba, when the Fraudral Republic of Nigerian government says the “truth” to things, the reverse is always the case.

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by alpharoyalty: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2021
What people failed to realize is that this woman had made her money before she joined government.
Buhari and his people are just full of lies and propaganda.

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Validated: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2021
Urbanchampion:
OP, you're a thief and very dubious criminal, just like the lady you're sweating to defend.
We are not having the best of time under Buhari's administration, however that hasn't made us forget the years of PDP. It's so disaapointing for you to put up that trash on Nairaland.
villagechampion - go and read

7 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by chatinent: 7:41am On Oct 31, 2021
Urbanchampion:

In your attempt to sound reasonable, you had to be partisan. I can bet with Buhari's legs that you will call white black if it doesn't agree with you...and guess what? That's a dummy definition of being discreet.

5 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by alpharoyalty: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2021
Urbanchampion:

The thread is about Mrs. Dezianni and buhari lies. It is not about PDP.
Your diversionary strategy as a paid buhari agent will not work here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by nzeobi(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2021
That was how nnamdi kanu was kidnapped in Kenya and they started propaganda that he was arrested in Brazil with a woman

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by nzeobi(m): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2021
Urbanchampion:

Open your own thread and prove the op wrong instead being emotional, petty and empty

3 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by illicit(m): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2021
Why are u defending her tho
Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by AntiBMC(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2021
Thanks for this. I can never fall for anything this govt say, hook, line and sinker.

No matter how bad PDP was, APC is and will forever be the worst thing that ever happened to Nigeria. The worst!

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by RiceProducers: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2021
This is an idiotic thread. The FG never said Dieziani owned diamond encrusted bras or that the bras seized were worth $12.5m.
Lazy, social media addicted youth without critical faculties merely ran with it after someone posted the news about Dieziani assets marked for auction and the world's most expensive bras as a footnote.
Brains were given to man for a purpose but being wide open on social media to suggestions is a sign of a weak brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by vedaxcool(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2021
The thief advocate, I pray the thief gave you crumbs to take care of your trauma. Any rumour comes from FG. Common sense would instruct that FG won't be foolish enough to overhype the price of what they are selling to prevent people from accusing them of relooting the sales.

2 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Racoon(m): 8:39am On Oct 31, 2021
The Deziani of a woman even wanted to return to Nigeria and defend herself against all the allegations of the government but it even the over zealous EFCC under the equally corrupt & disposed Ibrahim Magu that went to secure a court injuction against that.

2 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Prince081: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2021
The government came to power riding on the back of propaganda. They even missed to focus on governance when they won believing that propaganda will sustain them. Sorry to burst your bubble guys; it's time up because Nigerians and Nigeria are in pains.

2 Likes

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2021
OP you are a funny guy. If you were apolitical I would’ve taken you seriously.

Well done for the piece though

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by SarkinYarki: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2021
Only a stark fool doesn't know it was all lies ... immediately I saw the picture of an iced out bra I knew it was APC at work
Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by 9japride(m): 10:20am On Oct 31, 2021
Deziani matter is a very unnecessary distraction this period. Have we asked about the billions being wasted in this government? Funny people.
Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Kunlelee: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2021
When she's not a model. Well the diezani bra is just mere distraction
Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by aminusodiq(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2021
Validated:
There have been stories about Mrs. Dezianni's $12.5m bra amongs ot!!!
lol... All these crap to defend a obviously corrupt woman.... You are o
Part of the problem bro

1 Like

Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by jom28gy(m): 11:05am On Oct 31, 2021
All lies, but even if is to be true, that she stole heaven down, can it be used to compared the level of damage, and economics squandering and financial mess the north has put this country into? yet heaven never fall,non have been arrested or prosecuted, north made their money through Stephoning Nigeria financially
Re: FACT Check: Did Deziani Buy $12.5M Bra? by Rickmann: 11:26am On Oct 31, 2021
Validated:
There have been stories about Mrs. Dezianni's $12.5m bra amongs other very expensive items being auctioned by FG. I am one of the curious Nigerians looking out for the site where the bra and other items would be put up on sale. Apparently, the Federal Government has not helped to provide the site or auctioneer's address because I am interested as the items would definitely be collector's choice items. My curiosity has however pushed me to question a few things that do not seem right. My curiosity, therefore, led me to fact-check this bra in particular and when they were made, by who and how Dezuane got to be a proud owner. Now, this is what I found out:

"The world's most expensive bra is the $12.5-million (£8.5-million) Heavenly Star Bra, by Victoria's Secret, created in 2001. It features 1,200 Sri Lankan pink sapphires and as its centerpiece, a 90-carat emerald cut diamond that was worth $10.6 million (£7.28 million) alone at the time. The 2005 Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra also had a $12.5-million selling price, though in comparative terms its value is less than that of the 2001 bra. Both bras were part of the Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra line"

So, from above, here are some important facts;
i. There was ONLY two of those bras made, namely, the Heavenly Star Bra in2001 and the Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra in 2005. Please, note those years.
ii. Both bras were made by Victoria's Secrets and each was worth $12.5m
iii. The particular one that is being paraded as having been acquired by Deziane is the 2001 bra. with the following description, "It features 1,200 Sri Lankan pink sapphires and as its centerpiece, a 90-carat emerald cut diamond" You can see the picture attached, that it matches what Federal Government of Nigeria claimed they recovered from Deziane's home.
I went online to Victoria Secrets' webpage to see if the same bra is still available now on sale or still being made, it is no longer available, confirming that ONLY one was made. The same bra that has gone viral as Dezianne's bra was worn by Heidi Klum in 2002 and I am wondering if Dezianne bought it after. Please, keep reading ...

Now let us do a little study of Mrs Dezianne Alison Madueke herself. Who was Mrs Dezianne Alison before she became Nigeria's minister?

"Diezani Alison-Madueke was born on the 6th of December, 1960 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State into the family of Chief Frederick Abiye Agama. After completing her primary and secondary education in Nigeria, she secured admission to study Architecture in England but completed it at Howard University in the United States. Diezani Alison-Madueke returned to Nigeria on completing her bachelor's degree and joined Shell Petroleum Development Corporation. In 2002, after working with Shell for some years, she attended Cambridge Judge Business School for her MBA degree. After returning to Nigeria, she was appointed as an Executive Director in Shell, becoming the first woman ever to be appointed by Shell as an Executive Director in Nigeria. Diezani Alison-Madueke has held several significant positions in Nigeria and beyond. In July 2007, she was appointed Transportation Minister and a year later, she became the Minister of Mines and Steel Development. ... In February 2010, Alison-Madueke was appointed Minister for Petroleum Resources.

Career Achievements
• Diezani Alison-Madueke was the first woman to be appointed as an Executive Director by Shell in Nigeria - April 2006.
• She was the first female Federal Minister of Transportation in Nigeria - July 2007.
• She was the first female Federal Minister of Mines and Steel Development - December 2008.
• She was the first female Federal Minister for Petroleum Resources - April 2010.
• She was the first woman to serve as the president of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) - November 2014 to December 2015."

Now, the question that our lazy journalists, bloggers, news YouTubers, etc should have been asking are these?
i. When did Deziani acquire the most expensive bra? Was it in 2001 or 2007 when she became minister or 2010 when she became Petroleum minister?
ii. When did Victoria Secrets sell the Heavenly Star bra? Was it in the bra in the market for 9 years? That is from 2001 till 2010 when Dezianne bought it as petroleum minister?

Rather our journalists have become copy typists, who do no research but publish everything that Lie Muhammad and Femi Adesina dishes to them. No initiatives, no fact-finding, they just rush to the press and in the end, look stupid.

Conclusion: Just like all previous spurious allegations made by the Buhari-led APC government, Deziane never owned the Heavenly Star Bra. This is just another Buhari-government's propaganda, in the face of perceived threats by the PDP. You all know that anytime PDP is gaining ground, a FAT LIE about former officials of the PDP government will just arise. It is either Saraki is invited for questioning or Kwankwaso or Deziane loot, just any lie to distract gullible Nigerians. This government only thrives on falsehood, lies, and propaganda with NOTHING to show Nigerians as achievements after 6 and half years.
Everything said to have been recovered from Deziane's home, golden pen, 135 wedding gowns, etc, etc are all LIES. They were made up to deceive gullible Nigerians, to distract the populace from their failure. They were made to give Nigerians stories that will take their mind off their obvious failure and threatening insecurities all over Nigeria. With BBN gone, the youth have nothing else to occupy their minds, so they look for a distraction, here and there.

APC - Never Again!!!

I think that Bra may have exacerbated her breast cancer..too bad sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Water Technology Trainning: Participants From SE Thank Organisers, Enugu State / This Man Is The Major Problem We Have In This Country / Tinubu Reiterates Commitment To Reforming Nigeria’s Education Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.