Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,717 members, 7,969,093 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 07:18 PM

Was The Bible Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Bible Wrong? (2117 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by LordReed(m): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
tctrills:

Oh I get. You are not the best person for my question

I guess I am not. LoL
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
God's word says training a child can be compared to building a house or guarding a city! Psalms 127:1-2
Then training them is like when a powerful archer handles a bow with an arrow, to reach the target he needs 100% concentration as in no distractions, then pull the bow with the last of his strength before releasing the arrow, for a certainty the arrow can never miss the desired target, even if it's not 100% the result will be 99.99999999% Psalms 127:3-5

That's what God's word says about training up a child! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

By that reason since one man somewhere had stolen, it is time to be suspicious of every man of being a thief.

It's all right, it is how you choose to live your life. I prefer The Just Law which says "In the absence of bad faith, good faith must be presumed"

And this is clearly bad faith enquiry as I have seen you undertake.
You are wrong by my reason, if one man has stolen, I would be suspicious of that man not all men.

1 Like

Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sasuke007:

The world has evolved
but some parents didn't
accept change
follow change and that verse isn't wrong
it's parents of these days that's wrong
Explain please
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God's word says training a child can be compared to building a house or guarding a city! Psalms 127:1-2
Then training them is like when a powerful archer handles a bow with an arrow, to reach the target he needs 100% concentration as in no distractions, then pull the bow with the last of his strength before releasing the arrow, for a certainty the arrow can never miss the desired target, even if it's not 100% the result will be 99.99999999% Psalms 127:3-5

That's what God's word says about training up a child! smiley
So your point is that training kids need perfection, no mistakes?
I again disagree. Parents don't have to be perfect to have good kids
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
tctrills:

So your point is that training kids need perfection, no mistakes?
I again disagree. Parents don't have to be perfect to have good kids

No you got it wrong!
It's not about perfection but giving your best as if you're handling a project on which the survival of the entire human race depends!

You don't have to be perfect to do that, all you need is dedication with trust in God who will direct you through His word, organization and Holy Spirit to be successful in the task.
You have to see the children as God's possession given to you as employed caretaker! Psalms 127:3 smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by PureStarman: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
tctrills:

Explain please
The world is civilized
Children of these days are different from that of then
So change your ways of training them and the Bible verse is perpetual
If a kid offends u tell me and I'll tell you amazing ways to correct the kid.
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
PureStarman:

The world is civilized
Children of these days are different from that of then
So change your ways of training them and the Bible verse is perpetual
If a kid offends u tell me and I'll tell you amazing ways to correct the kid.
Your point is, that every age has a particular manual for training kids right?
That may be true but also consider Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Samuel, David even Mary the mother of Jesus do you think they were poor parents?
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No you got it wrong!
It's not about perfection but giving your best as if you're handling a project on which the survival of the entire human race depends!

You don't have to be perfect to do that, all you need is dedication with trust in God who will direct you through His word, organization and Holy Spirit to be successful in the task.
You have to see the children as God's possession given to you as employed caretaker! Psalms 127:3 smiley
So it's not 100% like you said 70% might just do.
Do you think Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Samuel, David and even Mary the mother of Jesus were awful parents?
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
tctrills:

So it's not 100% like you said 70% might just do.
Do you think Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Samuel, David and even Mary the mother of Jesus were awful parents?

100% simply means the best a parent can give i'm not talking about perfection but 100% concentration so that you will not be distracted.
All these people you mentioned got distracted because they believe in the children as their possessions not how God wants them to view the children which is God's possession! undecided
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

100% simply means the best a parent can give i'm not talking about perfection but 100% concentration so that you will not be distracted.
All these people you mentioned got distracted because they believe in the children as their possessions not how God wants them to view the children which is God's possession! undecided
Lol.. you know it's beginning to sound like an impossible riddle. These are some of the very best men to ever walk the earth and they found it impossible to train kids.
It's like a divine comedy.
The Bible discribes Abraham as a perfect men yet he is too distracted to raise his first son. It got to bad that he sent the boy and mother into the desert to die.
Finally, the bible never claimed aNY of these people got distracted so it would have been fair if you said it is your personal opinion and nothe necessarily a gospel truth.
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
tctrills:

Lol.. you know it's beginning to sound like an impossible riddle. These are some of the very best men to ever walk the earth and they found it impossible to train kids.
It's like a divine comedy.
The Bible discribes Abraham as a perfect men yet he is too distracted to raise his first son. It got to bad that he sent the boy and mother into the desert to die.
Finally, the bible never claimed aNY of these people got distracted so it would have been fair if you said it is your personal opinion and nothe necessarily a gospel truth.

They worshiped God and succeeded in making friends with him but regarding parenthood the did not get things right!
First of all training a child is like following Jesus' teachings, you don't need to have biological children before training them in God's way. Most people don't want their children to be too much spiritual so they often mix things unlike Jesus who taught his own spiritual children 100% spirituality. Only Judas Iscariot lost out not because he didn't want to continue in the things Jesus taught him but his conscience will not permit him to continue living seeing how woefully he failed despite all what their spiritual father taught them! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

They worshiped God and succeeded in making friends with him but regarding parenthood the did not get things right!
First of all training a child is like following Jesus' teachings, you don't need to have biological children before training them in God's way. Most people don't want their children to be too much spiritual so they often mix things unlike Jesus who taught his own spiritual children 100% spirituality. Only Judas Iscariot lost out not because he didn't want to continue in the things Jesus taught him but his conscience will not permit him to continue living seeing how woefully he failed despite all what their spiritual father taught them! smiley
3 things here.
You are still assuming that they were awful parents. I have no problem with people making assumptions but at least you need to note that it's your personal opinion before someone quotes you thinking he is quoting the bible.
Also, you brought up Judas. Don't you think there are children who were well taught but like Judas, they don't want to continue with the teachings of their parents.
Finally if the parents are always to blame then no child should be punished for his sins. Parents should be punished for the sins of their kids
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:21am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:

3 things here.
You are still assuming that they were awful parents. I have no problem with people making assumptions but at least you need to note that it's your personal opinion before someone quotes you thinking he is quoting the bible.
Also, you brought up Judas. Don't you think there are children who were well taught but like Judas, they don't want to continue with the teachings of their parents.
Judas committed a grievous blunder and he felt so bad afterwards meaning Jesus' teachings is still at work in this guys heart despite his errors. Had it been he is able to return and beg Jesus for forgiveness Judas would have returned, but it was too late because he saw Jesus killed due to the blunder he committed.
So do not compare children who has no conscience with Judas!

Finally if the parents are always to blame then no child should be punished for his sins. Parents should be punished for the sins of their kids
Both share the blame but when the parent tries to train the child God doesn't take the child's error to the parent, what God's word is saying is that you can succeed in raising God-fearing children if you follow the protocols set in Deuteronomy 6:4-9 smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 2:15am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Judas committed a grievous blunder and he felt so bad afterwards meaning Jesus' teachings is still at work in this guys heart despite his errors. Had it been he is able to return and beg Jesus for forgiveness Judas would have returned, but it was too late because he saw Jesus killed due to the blunder he committed.

Both share the blame but when the parent tries to train the child God doesn't take the child's error to the parent, what God's word is saying is that you can succeed in raising God-fearing children if you follow the protocols set in Deuteronomy 6:4-9 smiley
From your Judas example, we that it was possible for one of Jesus Christ apostles to fall away despite all the teaches.. how much more easier would it be for the child of an ordinary man to fall away even if he is taught the right.
One more thing, we all are God's children according to the bible. I am sure God has done all he can to save everyone of us. If at the last day, all of God's children wouldn't be saved despite all he has done for them, then why do you expect a better result from ordinary humans.
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:52am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:

You are wrong by my reason, if one man has stolen, I would be suspicious of that man not all men.

See your somersault!

You clearly said
"if you can't trust one verse, (obviously because the verse was a thief), you become suspicious of other verses. (the other remaining thieves).

Now, you are saying you would only be suspicious "of that man" (verse) and "not all men" (other verses).

No wahala.
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:

From your Judas example, we that it was possible for one of Jesus Christ apostles to fall away despite all the teaches.. how much more easier would it be for the child of an ordinary man to fall away even if he is taught the right.
One more thing, we all are God's children according to the bible. I am sure God has done all he can to save everyone of us. If at the last day, all of God's children wouldn't be saved despite all he has done for them, then why do you expect a better result from ordinary humans.

Well Jesus disagree with the highlighted:

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. John 8:44

So will you like to know what Jesus meant by the above statement or you still think everyone is God's children?
Judas committed a grievous blunder and his conscience really works that's why he opted for suicide, those that paid him to betray Jesus are never God's children! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See your somersault!

You clearly said
"if you can't trust one verse, (obviously because the verse was a thief), you become suspicious of other verses. (the other remaining thieves).

Now, you are saying you would only be suspicious "of that man" (verse) and "not all men" (other verses).

No wahala.
Well I see it differently. I see the whole book as one. If one verse can be wrong then how can you be certain of the other verses?
When it comes to eternal truths, you need 100% purity. There can't be any atom of doubt
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus disagree with the highlighted:

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. John 8:44

So will you like to know what Jesus meant by the above statement or you still think everyone is God's children?
Judas committed a grievous blunder and his conscience really works that's why he opted for suicide, those that paid him to betray Jesus are never God's children! smiley

Acts 17. 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Malachi 2. 10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Ephsians 4. 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by LordReed(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

And the protocols set in Deuteronomy 21 to kill disobedient children should also be followed right?
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:

Acts 17. 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Malachi 2. 10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Ephsians 4. 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all

Can you explain what Jesus meant @ John 8:44? smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

And the protocols set in Deuteronomy 21 to kill disobedient children should also be followed right?

That should be followed if the human society in which we live today are using that same laws. God rescued a whole nation and set up that constitution for them but today there's no nation following that law. So it's only amongst true Christians that children who chooses to abandon the teachings of their parents are shunned globally by all members of the true Christian family.
For your information that's why most people are saying Jehovah's Witnesses are wicked because any child that goes against the rules of our God will be disfellowshiped meaning no Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the earth will say a word to him/her just as if we have pelted such a person to death! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Can you explain what Jesus meant @ John 8:44? smiley
I was expecting you to do the explaining since you quoted it. I only added other bible verses to make it easier for you
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:
I was expecting you to do the explaining since you quoted it. I only added other bible verses to make it easier for you

Well Jesus knew that all humans and spirits came into existence because God created us but only those who are doing His will God refer to as His children:

They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own. They are a crooked and twisted generation Deuteronomy 32:5

Woe to the sinful nation, The people weighed down with error, A brood of wicked men, corrupt children! They have abandoned Jehovah; They have treated the Holy One of Israel with disrespect; They have turned their backs on him. Isaiah 1:4

That's why Jesus could declare humans as "Satan's Children" because they choose to be so! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 9:39am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus knew that all humans and spirits came into existence because God created us but only those who are doing His will God refer to as His children:

They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own. They are a crooked and twisted generation Deuteronomy 32:5

Woe to the sinful nation, The people weighed down with error, A brood of wicked men, corrupt children! They have abandoned Jehovah; They have treated the Holy One of Israel with disrespect; They have turned their backs on him. Isaiah 1:4

That's why Jesus could declare humans as "Satan's Children" because they choose to be so! smiley
So in one part of the scripture, all are his children and another part says some are the children of the devil. Funny enough you choose to believe the verses that say some are children of the devil and you neglect the verses that teach that all mankind are the children of God. For me, I believe the 2 verses. We are all children of God as the bible says but some have given themselves to the devil.

Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by LordReed(m): 9:42am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That should be followed if the human society in which we live today are using that same laws. God rescued a whole nation and set up that constitution for them but today there's no nation following that law. So it's only amongst true Christians that children who chooses to abandon the teachings of their parents are shunned globally by all members of the true Christian family.
For your information that's why most people are saying Jehovah's Witnesses are wicked because any child that goes against the rules of our God will be disfellowshiped meaning no Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the earth will say a word to him/her just as if we have pelted such a person to death! smiley

LMFAO! So you consider killing children for disobedience just and good? Bwahahahahaha!

Besides you gotta love how you people selectively obey your bible that you say your god gave you. LMFAO!
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 9:43am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So both of us are correct someone can be an offspring of God and at the same time a child of satan unless he is born again.
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:58am On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! So you consider killing children for disobedience just and good? Bwahahahahaha!
Besides you gotta love how you people selectively obey your bible that you say your god gave you. LMFAO!

If you're not stupid whose children do the constitution often sentence to death by hanging if not the children born, bread and brought up in that same nation? cheesy

Guy this is more than your IQ, children are born by people no child fall from the sky so when the law says something is a crime punishable by death, the good thing to do is follow the constitution accordingly that's what is missing in the human society because those in charge of justice will twist it when it's their own biological children that commits the abominable but God's law says the parents should be the first to exterminate evil children in the society.

Now tell everyone on this forum if there will be much corruption as it's prevalent everywhere today if all parents are the first to condemn the child that's evil! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:
So both of us are correct someone can be an offspring of God and at the same time a child of satan unless he is born again.

Satan himself was God's son but whoever chooses to become a rebel God will condemn the same way He condemned Satan! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Satan himself was God's son but whoever chooses to become a rebel God will condemn the same way He condemned Satan! smiley
You are right there but when Paul says all mankind are children of God, he meant both the believers and unbelievers.
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:17am On Nov 01, 2021
tctrills:
You are right there but when Paul says all mankind are children of God, he meant both the believers and unbelievers.
Paul said so to encourage his fellow believers to try as much as possible to reach all kinds of people with the Good News of God's kingdom just as Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today.
But the truth is that we will find God's children who will accept the message in all nations of the earth meanwhile before they accept the message God doesn't see them as children:

"He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him. However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name" John 1:11-12

According to the highlighted it's evident that it's only those who accept the message of God's kingdom that God welcomes as His children not everyone! smiley
Re: Was The Bible Wrong? by tctrills: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Paul said so to encourage his fellow believers to try as much as possible to reach all kinds of people with the Good News of God's kingdom just as Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today.
But the truth is that we will find God's children who will accept the message in all nations of the earth meanwhile before they accept the message God doesn't see them as children:

"He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him. However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name" John 1:11-12

According to the highlighted it's evident that it's only those who accept the message of God's kingdom that God welcomes as His children not everyone! smiley

go back to Act 17. Paul wasn't speaking to believers. You really need to understand the contest of the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mistake Of Bishop Benson Idahosah / . / Calling The Lost Sheep Of The True Israel Of God Out Of The Harlot Church

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.