Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,879 members, 7,945,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss (19310 Views)

Have They Increased Your Salary? / Now That Things Are Expensive, How Do You Manage Your Salary / How Not To Spend Your Salary! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by verbalbullet(m): 10:59am On Nov 05, 2021
Still in the learning process via Linkedin, learning python to develop my skill at work. Meanwhile I have friends that are into app dev. they urge me to get the skill, develop my first app then they will put me through the rest. NB: They are not yahoo boys, believe me you they are making clean money
yongg:

Are you working on this yet? I know a bit of python.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by verbalbullet(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2021
You don't need to know any programming language before you can learn python. Just open your heart to learn, learn syntax. it's that simple, constant practice will help too
walkingshadow911:

i want to learn python but i dont know anything bout programming languages.
how can you assist me

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
Missionaire:

To add, learn How To drive oooo.
It is very necessary oooo.

In this our present economy, you fit become part time bolt driver.
I think google is doing one skill Up something called Side Hustle. Pick a digital skill and skill Up.

Yes driving is okay, but Omo the stress no be here. With the bad roads omob undecided
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
Istan2020:
I sent you a mail bro.

Why don't you drop your mail so I'll message you
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
gorgeousnogo:

Please, how do I get gigs on Linkedln. I have been there for years and still nothing

I won't lie to you I use VPN so it helps me connect with people outside Nigeria.

Aside using VPN I wrote a very good bio, put my skills there on LinkedIn.
If you just learnt what you are doing don't tell people on LinkedIn you just learnt, you put 2-5 years experience.
Because people only give out gigs to people who they fill are expert's.

Connect with people in your niche, post about and engage post related to your niche.

In general write up a very good profile, do some white labelling to your LinkedIn profile
Make people comfortable to message you by reading your bio.

Let give you a scenario of what I mean by white labelling.
Two contractor's where to bid for a contract one wanted to be modest and came to the bidding with just ordinary shorts and shirts with a normal salon car.
While is counterpart came in flowing agbada and big Hilux jeep. Despite the first contractor's well detailed presentation, the company still chose the second man. Even though he didn't say much, like the first.

Do you understand now? What they saw made them believe the second guy is more capable than first guy. Because of his extravagance.

Appeal to people's self interest, people want to believe they are dealing with a professional. Always remember people are moved by what they see, I'm not saying you should lie though

Well that's all I have to say. But when you get a gig make sure you deliver it well, another tip is always charge high, don't charge lower.

I have lost a client before because I charged him $1000 but he was looking for a job of $20,000. So he told me straight up that I can't deliver I was just after his money grin grin

Well about charging a client follow your instincts, you can't use my personal experience to bill your clients.

And also utilize your Facebook

1 Like

Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Diligent1(f): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
Mercychen:

You, meet me at the top. cool.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Istan2020: 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:

Why don't you drop your mail so I'll message you
The few times I did that, my mail was spammed. So I prefer nairaland inmail request.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2021
Honestly, it's barely enough to cover my personal expenses plus that of my family (as I am the eldest child sponsoring my kiddo in school). I am so stressed� and I keep worrying about money all the time. I have cut down on many things and barely spend for myself, still I don't have any tangible savings. Please I need a better well paying job in a bank or any good establishment. I have 3 years plus experience in Customer Service Relations and I reside in Ibadan. I'd appreciate any referral/job placement very much. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:

I won't lie to you I use VPN so it helps me connect with people outside Nigeria.

Aside using VPN I wrote a very good bio, put my skills there on LinkedIn.
If you just learnt what you are doing don't tell people on LinkedIn you just learnt, you put 2-5 years experience.
Because people only give out gigs to people who they fill are expert's.

Connect with people in your niche, post about and engage post related to your niche.

In general write up a very good profile, do some white labelling to your LinkedIn profile
Make people comfortable to message you by reading your bio.

And also utilize your Facebook

I just sent you an email. Can we discuss further on this, abeg?
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by buymyride: 10:08am On Nov 12, 2021
yongg:
interested, please how does it work?
it’s on my signature
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by buymyride: 10:11am On Nov 12, 2021
gorgeousnogo:

I just sent you an email. Can we discuss further on this, abeg?
my Nairaland email doesn’t deliver, i won’t receive the mail. My number is on my signature/profile
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by buymyride: 10:12am On Nov 12, 2021
ma373733:

Boss how does it work?
check my signature
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by psycoanalyst(f): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
YouAreNotAlonE:

cheesy grin don't get me wrong madame.
I'm not saying you should invest your whole life, but it's advisable to gather up first.
I still .
See you at the top wink

Good day , can you put me through the LinkedIn gig, please.
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by gorgeousnogo(f): 2:47am On Nov 13, 2021
buymyride:
my Nairaland email doesn’t deliver, i won’t receive the mail. My number is on my signature/profile
���
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by gorgeousnogo(f): 2:50am On Nov 13, 2021
buymyride:

I wasn’t referring to you nah�
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by buymyride: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
gorgeousnogo:

I wasn’t referring to you nah�
sorry, that was an oversight from me
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by YouAreNotAlonE: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
psycoanalyst:

Good day , can you put me through the LinkedIn gig, please.

Ok what do you do
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by buymyride: 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
yongg:
interested, please how does it work?
call me
Re: Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss by tessadoghorgma(f): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Salary can never be enough.

N780 to a dollar is no joke!

you can cash in on the dollar economy by learning a digital skill such as freelance writing.

I teach this with simple techniques on my channel.

Let's connect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5qIHX_01Ew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? / Nigerian Airforce Lagos Made The Job Seekers Waste Transport Fare / Access Bank Plc Nationwide Graduate Internship Programme - 7th Nov, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.