Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,266 members, 7,891,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:28 AM

This is What It Takes To Be A Hands-on Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This is What It Takes To Be A Hands-on Dad (367 Views)

Babalawo Wives Association Takes To The Street To Flaunt Their Beautiful Looks / Moment Bride's Mum Warned The Groom Not To Lay Hands On Her Daughter (Video) / A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This is What It Takes To Be A Hands-on Dad by AMumAndMore(f): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2021
When I first heard of the term ‘hands-on dad’, I thought: Wait, what? Is that a thing? Shouldn’t dads be hands-on?

A year or two ago, I read a historical single dad novel.

And I was surprised when the author wrote that the said hero was known to come into his daughter’s nursery and read bedtime stories to her every night.

That act shocked both the nanny and the general public who knew about this act because it was unheard of for a dad to enter his child’s nursery, let alone if that child is a girl.

But of course, that particular topic is a discussion for another day.

When I grew up, I realized that not many dads are hands-on; not enough dads are involved.

Have you heard of the statement “married, single mother?

Believe it or not, that’s the story of a lot of married mothers.

I read a Twitter thread, and this man was arguing that it is better to be an inconsistent dad than not be in the picture.

You need to see the comments, people were saying all kinds of things like shocked

Read More: https://amumandmore.com/become-a-hands-on-dad/

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Deal With Nosey Noisy Neighbours! / What's The Position Of Nigeria Law On Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.