Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,862 members, 7,935,692 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 01:44 PM

How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (52811 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by mecussey(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:
I commented on a thread yesterday that was about how much that can last someone through the week, I posted that I can manage 3k for a week and I was literary dragged and trolled through the thread. Some accused me of lying while some said I still live with my parents, others saw my post as a scheme to accrue favour from people.

I never wanted to open a thread about this, but as God would have it, he blessed me ( Not from that thread) through Nairaland best roofer and known philanthropist @ money121 and @despian that sent me something to help with my school project. I managed to squeeze out a little money and branch to the market to get some food stuffs. Below is a detail of how I spent 3k on food stuffs that would last me a week.

Rice 1 mudu(8 cups) : #600
Beans 1 mudu(8 cups) : #900
Potato : #500
1/2 bottle of palm oil : #400( I add just enough to colour the food)
1 packet of maggi : #250
Powder pepper :#100
Onions :#100
Airtime :#100
Total :#2950
The remaining #50 is for Chelsea match later in the evening.

While I didn't make this post to glorify poverty but it seems some people are oblivious to the situation of things in the country at the moment. Apparently the hardship levels is skewed, based on the values that people were quoting on that thread. While some food stuffs are at a premium at the moment, there are some of us that cut our suit according to our ankara.

Next is how I manage the foodstuff to last me a week in no particular order.

Day one: Rice and beans
Day two: beans and potatoes
Day three: only Rice
Day four: porridge potatoes
Day five : only beans
Day six: Rice and beans
Day seven: potatoes and oil
Fortunately the stomach does not disclose its contents.

I iterate through the list during the week, I spend only #100 on airtime during the week. I don't call any body and spend #25 daily for 250 mb night sub which I use to apply for jobs. I wait for the following week when it gets exhausted.
I use salt as makeshift paste and patronize Hausa black soap for bathing.
I've my faze cap to conceal my overgrown hair, though my lord luggard esque moustache have a way of bringing my legs outside.
I fetch well water, boil and sieve it, in that way home made Eva water is set, who knows I might own a pure water factory in future so I'm practicing now.

Added plus: My Girlfriend
It's a popular opinion on nairaland and the country in general that most Nigerian girls are useless and are out to bring nothing but misfortune and misery to our lives. I beg to disagree because the ones around me (mom, siblings and gf) are anything but useless.

My current girlfriend is a frugal spender and taught me how to spend prudently. She taught me how to cook thereby cutting the amount I spend on food to a significant level. I can give her just #1500 and she would prepare two pots of stew and soup to last me a week. Like my Oga @chatinet would say there are still women that can go to the market with 3k and come back with two nylons.

While other nairalanders open thread open threads about their parasitic girlfriends, mine is actually helping me through a difficult phase in my life.
Sadly despite my pitiful standard of living, I still have people that I'm better than and see me as a senior man. Its that bad.

I'm not comfortable with my condition so I'm looking for jobs so as to improve my standard of living. My fellow nairalanders help me to start eating with meat by offering my any job available. I'm a graduate of Statistics/Computer Science (bsc ed) and a web developer.

So the doubting Thomas's here's a breakdown of my 3k weekly spending.

Modified: Obviously some people are still doubting my credibility. I stay in north bank, Makurdi Benue State for those asking.

Possibly, free house, free NEPA, you no dey sick, free charcoal or gas etc.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Philip4564(m): 8:51am On Nov 05, 2021
sript:
It's a sorry state with the situation if things,,Op in as much as I admire your GREAT SKILL with regard to spending little at your disposal on commodities and yet purchase goods of that magnitude, I want to say here, you are lucky enough to reside around that location. maybe I would like to relocate to that region someday...
I school in South West ( my final year) a state uni, (someone just work up one day and added 500% increment on the school fees, all attempt to return it to the initial amount has been futile ) I've been paying through my nose since then

I don't know how I'm gonna scale through with the hike in price of commodities plus school fee couple with other departmental levies and being a state uni alone nah die..

yesterday I was sent 3k from home after several weeks if asking, obviously that's all they could put together to send . After paying my departmental level receipt (1k) and made few photocopies of some assignments BOOM! Money has gone. I'm now left with nothing cheesy , Omo I no fit cry, SAPA no be my mate And then the biggest concern is my school fees for two sections that I'm yet to pay.. me i no dey ask for wetin big pass me..biko any assistance will be appreciated with great pleasure I'm aware country hard, God no-go shame us
Adekunle Ajasin university??
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by osibenaezekiel: 9:23am On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:

I sent a DM chief
chat me 09054756979 can't read nairaland email
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Karnice600: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:
I commented on a thread yesterday that was about how much that can last someone through the week, I posted that I can manage 3k for a week and I was literary dragged and trolled through the thread. Some accused me of lying while some said I still live with my parents, others saw my post as a scheme to accrue favour from people.

I never wanted to open a thread about this, but as God would have it, he blessed me ( Not from that thread) through Nairaland best roofer and known philanthropist @ money121 and @despian that sent me something to help with my school project. I managed to squeeze out a little money and branch to the market to get some food stuffs. Below is a detail of how I spent 3k on food stuffs that would last me a week.

While I didn't make this post to glorify poverty but it seems some people are oblivious to the situation of things in the country at the moment. Apparently the hardship levels is skewed, based on the values that people were quoting on that thread. While some food stuffs are at a premium at the moment, there are some of us that cut our suit according to our ankara.

I iterate through the list during the week, I spend only #100 on airtime during the week. I don't call any body and spend #25 daily for 250 mb night sub which I use to apply for jobs. I wait for the following week when it gets exhausted.
I've my faze cap to conceal my overgrown hair, though my lord luggard esque moustache have a way of bringing my legs outside.
I fetch well water, boil and sieve it, in that way home made Eva water is set, who knows I might own a pure water factory in future so I'm practicing now.

It's a popular opinion on nairaland and the country in general that most Nigerian girls are useless and are out to bring nothing but misfortune and misery to our lives. I beg to disagree because the ones around me (mom, siblings and gf) are anything but useless.

My current girlfriend is a frugal spender and taught me how to spend prudently. She taught me how to cook thereby cutting the amount I spend on food to a significant level. I can give her just #1500 and she would prepare two pots of stew and soup to last me a week. Like my Oga @chatinet would say there are still women that can go to the market with 3k and come back with two nylons.

While other nairalanders open thread open threads about their parasitic girlfriends, mine is actually helping me through a difficult phase in my life.
Sadly despite my pitiful standard of living, I still have people that I'm better than and see me as a senior man. Its that bad.

I'm not comfortable with my condition so I'm looking for jobs so as to improve my standard of living. My fellow nairalanders help me to start eating with meat by offering my any job available. I'm a graduate of Statistics/Computer Science (bsc ed) and a web developer.

Modified: Obviously some people are still doubting my credibility. I stay in north bank, Makurdi Benue State for those asking.

That's the north. It's a different ball game in Lagos.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by dapolaw(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2021
Where is HERE?

Supreme145:

Them dey show for here, the owner increased it to #100 and met an empty hall so he brought the prize back to #50. though he collects #100 for some champions league match's. But if you insist on #50 he will still collect.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2021
clockwisereport:
@supreme145 since you are a web developer, why dont you try and join some of these freelancing websites
I'm on some platforms but its difficult breaking in as a beginner
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2021
VTJN:
I'm going through that phase now. Mine is even worst than Op as i based in Lagos with high cost of living viz a viz low standard of living. I practically live from hand to mouth.

I got curious how Op was able to keep a relationship with his present condition. We're truly different indeed. I'd easily get carried away having a relationship with my condition. I'm not happy with my present state, having a relationship wouldn't make me happy either

It is well!
Yea different strokes for different folks, if it weren't for my girlfriend I probably won't be dating anyone now but having her around actually things a lot easier for me.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by clockwisereport: 11:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:

I'm on some platforms but its difficult breaking in as a beginner

I think IPNX is hiring now. You can apply there
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2021
clockwisereport:

Try LinkedIn. I think IPNX is hiring now. You can apply there
Thanks boss
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Adamdau:

You are not saying the truth please. 600/8=75. I quote you again, there's no where you can buy a cup of rice at N75 in Nigeria today.
milk cup.... he did not say derica.....where i stay in lagos sef, a derica of short grain foreign rice is 450 and it contains about 4 and half cups... moreso he might be talking about Nigeria rice, so he is right.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
patjane:
Please which state? Here in Rivers state I spend up to 3k for just 1pot of soup.. by the way, No meat? I’m still trying to understand how people eat without meat � lipsrsealed
so if there is no meat in your food, you won't eat it?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:

I'm ready to relocate sir
Please can you give me your contact details? there is some one i want to talk to about you, since you said you can relocate.... accomodation is not an issue... the job comes with accomodation for those that don't have, so from there you can search for more better things.... and i will always keep in touch with you..... Do you mind?

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
BKsoul:
Please can you give me your contact details? there is some one i want to talk to about you, since you said you can relocate.... accomodation is not an issue... the job comes with accomodation for those that don't have, so from there you can search for more better things.... and i will always keep in touch with you..... Do you mind?

Thank you very much here's my contact
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Ekg911(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
nedekid:
3k for a week?
Just my afternoon snack was crocker fish head ₦1k, cut of catfish ₦700, 4 assorted meat, total ₦2k. (No amala or eba just eaten direct)
I bought take away for my 2 kids at home 1400, dashed the waitress 1k. Total ₦4400 for lunch.
That na my poor man food. So how do you stay for a week on 3k? shocked
bro abeg fix me for job or send me something for my palm oil business. yomokulovie@gmail.com
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by patjane(f): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
No I won’t eat. Even if am dying of hunger I still won’t eat…what about you?
BKsoul:
so if there is no meat in your food, you won't eat it?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Vietnaminfo(m): 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:

Boss the mail is not going through.

I have gotten your account details. You will hear from me soon.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:

Thank you very much here's my contact 090 387 81 279
ok..... Expect my call.... God will bless you...
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
patjane:
No I won’t eat. Even if am dying of hunger I still won’t eat…what about you?
Lol.....Why i no go eat..... That means you can't eat concotion jollof rice nah because no meat in there.... Lol.... Never seen or heard this before sha...
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by clockwisereport: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Iamdonfrank:
You survive on midnight browsing. How come you posted this on the afternoon

Freebasics
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by clockwisereport: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Chykes4micheal:
The guy did not tell us if he used kerosene or gas because the two hydrocarbons are expensive as we speak... Abi e dey go cook am for en neighbor house? grin

He said he has a hot plate

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by clockwisereport: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
yetunsbay:
State ur location first

Makurdi, Benue state. That's his location
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by clockwisereport: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Fawwaz2163:
Well, in Zaria here, foodstuffs are a bit Cheaper tbh.

Which part of Zaria are you?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
BKsoul:
ok..... Expect my call.... God will bless you...
Okay, thanks ma
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by chiboycue: 7:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
Supreme145:

Your survival skills are very impressive
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by namiji2598: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
ogeodi:
There's half pack of maggi with 25 cubes #250. Local rice here is 600 but with stone.i bought beans today #850 per mudu.
so you will use 25 cubes of Maggi for a week? But in the post, the guy says one pack of maggi -250...
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by sript: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
Philip4564:
Adekunle Ajasin university??

Oh..more harm has been done already
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2021
namiji2598:
so you will use 25 cubes of Maggi for a week? But in the post, the guy says one pack of maggi -250...
Don't mind that one... A pack of maggi of 24pcs here in lagos is 120... So even sell for 100, example terra....
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by patjane(f): 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
I can’t eat without meat,I can’t even think of it lol.. by the way i no even sabi cook concoction rice sef.. Teach me Na embarassed.
BKsoul:
Lol.....Why i no go eat..... That means you can't eat concotion jollof rice nah because no meat in there.... Lol.... Never seen or heard this before sha...
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
patjane:
I can’t eat without meat,I can’t even think of it lol.. by the way i no even sabi cook concoction rice sef.. Teach me Na embarassed.
lol.... Oya nah..... Do you want the concotion jollof rice or native jollof rice....tell me the one you want....
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by patjane(f): 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Now am confuse grin.. Teach me any wan way go easy to cook.. inf’t can i have ur details?
BKsoul:
lol.... Oya nah..... Do you want the concotion jollof rice or native jollof rice....tell me the one you want....
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
patjane:
Now am confuse grin.. Teach me any wan way go easy to cook.. inf’t can i have ur details?
wait fess.... Are you male or female.... If you are a female... Lets exchange mails.....Lol....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Adorable Pictures Of A Nigerian Man And His American Wife / Woman Who Sent Daughter N7.4M While Abroad, Returns Home To Find The Money Gone / Nursing Mother With Her Baby Spotted At A Betting Shop In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.