Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed (22967 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Want To Get Married To Me Before Traveling Abroad / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by lkillbrokehoes: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
Once you leave the shithole, don't bother coming back.

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Military0001: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Extortion as a matter of fact in Nigeria generally is a way of life, however it’s a painful reality but for you to to reduce the extortion wahala just make just you have your papers complete and never behave or act like Johnny just come Lagos… last last just hold like 1k for hand to use buy people bottle of Coca Cola for there, basically the guys wey go weigh ur luggage and for the NDLEA guys no give them shishi Abi u dey smoke

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by jimtemi1: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
EngageMe:
Those of us wey never enter plane before, let's gather here and learn.
but at least you don enter Airport. Thank GOD
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by 8stargeneral: 4:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
chidonweb:
Every body want to Japa.

Stay and fight for your country.
The country you are running to, people fought for it to be what it is today
Ur not serious
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by InvertedHammer: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

I have been a family member of this group to years and what I have found most interesting about this forum is it's educative and/or enlightenment opportunity it offers.

Yesterday, a thread was opened which discussed the way and manner Immigrants are being extorted, most especially, at the Lagos and Abuja International Airports. One cogent thing that I learnt about the thread is that the first-time travellers are more evenurable to the Airport Officials illegal activities even though some argued that giving anything to these officials is by choice ESPECIALLY WHERE IMMIGRANTS TRAVELING DOCUMENTS ARE VALID AND COMPLETE.

This is where I need your guidance.

I will be travelling out of the country for the very first time by next month. Therefore, I need guidance on two things:

1. For someone that is travelling on invitation base on medical ground, what are the valid travelling documents that the person needs to have to make it COMPLETE? This information is needed in ensuring that my travelling agents did a thorough job regarding my travelling papers.

2. I have taken my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and my second dose is scheduled for 19th of this month. Once these doses are taken, do I still need to take another vaccine before my departure again or I only need to do another COVID-19 test? If it is the latter, between what Internal/period do I need to do the test, where and at what cost?

Thanks as I await your guidance.

Blessings
/

You need a negative Covid-19 PCR test result taken within 72hrs from the time of departure. They don't care about your vaccination status in Nigeria.

How can someone advise you when you don't state your destination? Each country has different rules.

Keep N20k available for the Nigerian side. You will go through many useless checkpoints (about 10 or more) where they ask you
useless questions before begging for money. Expect the begging to continue all the way to the Boarding gate.

/

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by KhingLufem1(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Good
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by faoogoke(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
If you arrive there and your chances of making it as you thought you would is not there or fades away as you appreciate the reality of your situation, please swallow your pride and return to Nigeria with whatever money you have made to start a business.
If you have opportunity to learn a skill there please do and then come back here to earn a living with it.
At the end of it all, its not where you are that matters but that God is there with you.

6 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Aguogba(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

I have been a family member of this group to years and what I have found most interesting about this forum is it's educative and/or enlightenment opportunity it offers.

Yesterday, a thread was opened which discussed the way and manner Immigrants are being extorted, most especially, at the Lagos and Abuja International Airports. One cogent thing that I learnt about the thread is that the first-time travellers are more evenurable to the Airport Officials illegal activities even though some argued that giving anything to these officials is by choice ESPECIALLY WHERE IMMIGRANTS TRAVELING DOCUMENTS ARE VALID AND COMPLETE.

I will be travelling out of the country for the very first time by next month. Therefore, I need guidance on two things:

1. For someone that is travelling on invitation base on medical ground, what are the valid travelling documents that the person needs to have to make it COMPLETE? This information is needed in ensuring that my travelling agents did a thorough job regarding my travelling papers.

2. I have taken my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and my second dose is scheduled for 19th of this month. Once these doses are taken, do I still need to take another vaccine before my departure again or I only need to do another COVID-19 test? If it is the latter, between what Internal/period do I need to do the test, where and at what cost?

Blessings

1. This one u mentioned invitation, make sure u pack all your luggage by yourself and if possible lock your suitcase with code or padlock.

2. Do not bother to include toothpaste, body spray, mouthwash or other liquids in your luggage, especially hand luggage, it will end up in the dustbin at the airport.

3. I know you need travel insurance certificate since you're travelling as a non-immigrant.

4. You also have to be vaccinated against yellow fever and have the "yellow card".

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ugotaya: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
PHCN Official Nearly Killed By Neighbours For Cutting Their Electricity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBBgzwpXG8
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Eriokanmi: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
Try process a yellow card at port health, in case the country you're visiting would require one. You can find out from the Embassy's website first, to be sure.

Make you're you come back oo if you have a comfortable job. Don't mind those advising you to japa oo. grin
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by sayhi2bammy(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
If you have been double vaccinated, you don't need any other dose. You will do your covid test, and this must not exceed 72hours before your flight.

If you have all documents required, you can decide not to give anyone a dime. The only place you might have a little problem is those checking your luggages if you have foodstuffs. They might use that to waste your time if you don't tip them, aside that you are good to go.

Try not put liquid (not even cream nor shower gel) or foodstuff in your hand luggage else those guys would take it from you or you tip them heavyly.

Safe flight to your destination.

#cheers

1 Like

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by BABANGBALI: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
Just because him wan travel go ordinary Cotonou, person no go hear word again. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by overseasnbeyond: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Congratulations!
1. Your valid international passport with visa on it ( not expired passport or visa)
2. Relevant document to show where you will receive medical treatment
3. BTA depends on the country
4. If you are paying for the treatment have proof of funds to back up your CLAIMS
5. Yellow vaccination shot card ( Nigeria Immigration can make you pay for that shit)
6. Covid vaccination card showing first and second shot.
7. Since is your first time of travelling, please travel lite don't pack all your credentials and clothes along) that is a red flag to show you planning to runaway.
8. Pack you luggage yourself and know the location of each items in your luggage do not assist people to pick up shit for another person living abroad.
9. Know the airline baggage and boarding policy
10. Mind your business at the airport do not assist nobody for whatever reasons until you get to your destinations

Back to the fools at the Airport in Nigeria
Do not panic when you meet with them,
Be precise in answering them.
Never attempt to offer them money
Do not travel with processed food like beef, fish or snail especially to USA
Keep straight face conversation with them.
God bless your trip

ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

Blessings

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by sayhi2bammy(m): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
Aguogba:

1. This one u mentioned invitation, make sure u pack all your luggage by yourself and if possible lock your suitcase with code or padlock.

2. Do not bother to include toothpaste, body spray, mouthwash or other liquids in your luggage, especially hand luggage, it will end up in the dustbin at the airport.

3. I know you need travel insurance certificate since you're travelling as a non-immigrant.

4. You also have to be vaccinated against yellow fever and have the "yellow card".

The so called "dustbin" is always being cornered home by those officials at the close of their shifts.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by olafum1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
Where are you travelling to.
Simply follow their covid guidelines & airline guidelines. That's all.

For airport official, if all your papers are intact, you don't have to give them 1naira
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by MeghaneMorgane(f): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
1. Make sure you have your visa and your passport. 2.You don’t have to give anybody anything.
3. No put blended egusi inside your carry on luggage. Customs will take it away from you grin
3. No put liquid or semi liquid for inside your carryon luggage.
4. Make sure you weigh your bag from home to avoid adjusting your luggage at the airport.

May God take you safely to your destination and may where you are going favour you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by UncleJudax(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
chidonweb:
Every body want to Japa.

Nigeria has an estimated population of at least 250 million. Thats more than enough to fight.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by seyz91(m): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
cheesy
EngageMe:
Those of us wey never enter plane or even go airport before, let's gather here and learn.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by seyz91(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
cheesy
japaing can be anywhere, even benin, togo and ghana na Abroad ; cheesy
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

After second dose....then no problem ...you don't need another fuckkking dose

But wait o...you really want japa leave us like this o

And you nor even tell us the country way you dey go o...
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by princewarri1985: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

After second dose....then no problem ...you don't need another fuckkking dose

But wait o...you really want japa leave us like this o

And you nor even tell us the country way you dey go o...
Abroad na abroad oh even if na ghana or cotonu self as long as we fit leave this hell hoe for buhari
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by oloshun(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
If you are coming to the US, let me know. My house is free for you until you get stabled in the US. Free food in my house also.

5 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Mrklemo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jesus. That Power official will never in his life branch that street for disconnection again.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Limassol(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
Chatflick:
God when? I've been seriously thinking about going out of Nigeria. Probably an European country or Vietnam. I heard Vietnam isn't bad.

A European country would be better. Have you looked towards the likes of Poland and Czechia?
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Mrklemo(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
ugotaya:
PHCN Official Nearly Killed By Neighbours For Cutting Their Electricity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBBgzwpXG8

Jesus. That Power official will never in his life branch that street for disconnection again.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Aguogba(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
sayhi2bammy:

The so called "dustbin" is always being cornered home by those officials at the close of their shifts.
No be Naija again?
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Athemisia: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
chidonweb:
Every body want to Japa.

Oga fight alone biko...

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Spain007(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

Blessings

Bro.

Once you get ur second vaccine, then get ur COVID-19 certificate and a test of COVID-19,some few dollars then you're good to go (though some officials demand for yellow fever certificate depending which country you dey Japa)

Also be on time @ the airport & be friendly with the immigrations officers.

Good luck
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by ziondaughter247: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
This will be me in a few months. Amen! I will be traveling out of Nigeria.. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by kaykith05(m): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
You need your vaccine card, boarding pass and you're passport. Happy and safe flying.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by vincentbravo(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
It depends on the country you are traveling to, many countries now require covid PCR of 72 or 48 hours before traveling, weather you have vaccine jab or not.

My brother, as a first timer just still have at least 5k for pocket, some counter u drop 500 or 1k. Na the airport ritual.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Avajay: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
ImpactBooks:
Hello NLds!

Blessings

Get your yellow fever vaccine.
Re: Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed by Timothyoj(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Safe trip bro, please do all your possible best not to come back again.

By His grace my children are leaving this country for good very soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Happening In Nigeria? (For Nigerians At Home Only) / Bamise: Passengers Stranded As BRT Suspends Operations / Afi Mountain Wildlife Sanctuary Cross River: Photos & What To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.