Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,744 members, 7,875,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. (1127 Views)

Forget Personal Beliefs And Sentiments, Let Us Discuss The Existence Of God / ' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 8:49am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!

So you have finally dropped your scientific/empirical proof chant. That’s too early actually.
You are the person misunderstanding me.
I asked testable evidence.
Seems you are very weary of science
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
You are right since theism makes it very ambiguous, however we can test for the attributes of specific gods. Every good have well defined attributes, these attributes gives us what to test for.

For example, the Christian God has the attributes of omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence, these attributes can and has been tested to be false. So when I ask for how we can test for a god, I am actually asking the proponent of that God to state a well defined attribute of his specific God and then we test those attributes.

If he/she keeps shifting goalpost then you know there's something wormg.

The God(s) iS/ ARE SAID to have attributes...

The above statement is different from THERE ARE GODS OR THERE IS A GOD WITH SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES...

Let them state the definition of the supernatural/God that shows how the supernatural/God can exist before anything else...
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 8:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

So you have jettisoned your almighty empirical tools for investigation? Lol

I am still waiting for how you test for those items I listed earlier.

I would like you to stick to the claims Christians and the Bible had made about God. You are setting your expectations here and you can’t box the sovereign God into your own expectations. Rather you fit into God’s.

So look at the claims theists have made and then pick them up on that.

Did you believe God based on previous miracles others testified about?

“He said to him, If they do not hear and listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded and convinced and believe [even] if someone should rise from the dead.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:31‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
https://www.bible.com/8/luk.16.31.ampc
You see why I prefer abusing you instead of having a sane argument with you?
Do you want to be reasonable or should I treat like an animal?

I have told you that I need just testable evidence. It must not be scientific, if this testable evidence comes from science then fine
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2021
Crystyano:

The above statement is different from THERE ARE GODS OR THERE IS A GOD WITH SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES...

Let them state the definition of the supernatural/God that shows how the supernatural/God can exist before anything else...
Well, they will keep shifting the goalpost
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

So you have jettisoned your almighty empirical tools for investigation? Lol

I am still waiting for how you test for those items I listed earlier.

I would like you to stick to the claims Christians and the Bible had made about God. You are setting your expectations here and you can’t box the sovereign God into your own expectations. Rather you fit into God’s.

So look at the claims theists have made and then pick them up on that.

Did you believe God based on previous miracles others testified about?

“He said to him, If they do not hear and listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded and convinced and believe [even] if someone should rise from the dead.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:31‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
https://www.bible.com/8/luk.16.31.ampc
It means that you cannot disprove the claim by flying spaghetti monster that he created the Christian God.

If you God is correct then this claim has to be correct as well. They are very compatible
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
Well, they will keep shifting the goalpost
Don't mind them jare you go and get the trophy after scoring the goals! cheesy
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 9:11am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
You see why I prefer abusing you instead of having a sane argument with you?
Do you want to be reasonable or should I treat like an animal?

I have told you that I need just testable evidence. It must not be scientific, if this testable evidence comes from science then fine

You can abuse me.

I hate that you started this thread with bragging and cockiness when in fact you just direct-lifted someone’s intellectual property without so much as acknowledging them. That’s plagiarism and intellectual theft.

You made it look like you were one philosophically sound juggernaut.

So go ahead and abuse me.
After that, provide the empirical tools science used in investigations of the supernatural, religion, aesthetics, scientific laws( yes science doesn’t have empirical proof for scientific laws), consciousness, maths and logic.

You can keep your circular arguments to yourself if you can’t provide any of those.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
It means that you cannot disprove the claim by flying spaghetti monster that he created the Christian God.

If you God is correct then this claim has to be correct as well. They are very compatible

Deflections!
Coming from someone who started by warning us to avoid fallacies.

Do I need to prove flying spaghetti for the claims of God to stand?

Have you heard of contingent and necessary existence before?

God exists contingently. I do not need to talk to you about spaghetti to show you God.

Look for spaghetti believers and argue spaghetti with them.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 9:17am On Nov 05, 2021
Crystyano:

Lol!

See who is talking about shifting goal post:the kettle calling the pot black. That’s hypocritical.

I want you to stick to his scientific/empirical tools claim and follow it to conclusions.

But if you want to shift to God’s attributes, fine. It implies you already concede you really had no scientific tools to test for God and the supernatural but had been lying all along.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
You are the person misunderstanding me.
I asked testable evidence.
Seems you are very weary of science

Maybe you go back and see how we got here. You forget too soon . Or you intentionally drift . Which is it?
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 9:20am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Maybe you go back and see how we got here. You forget too soon . Or you intentionally drift . Which is it?
Do want to provide any evidence or you want to keep distracting me?
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 9:21am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Deflections!
Coming from someone who started by warning us to avoid fallacies.

Do I need to prove flying spaghetti for the claims of God to stand?

Have you heard of contingent and necessary existence before?

God exists contingently. I do not need to talk to you about spaghetti to show you God.

Look for spaghetti believers and argue spaghetti with them.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the creator of the Christian god.

It’s true because it cannot be tested with current method.

grin
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

You can abuse me.

I hate that you started this thread with bragging and cockiness when in fact you just direct-lifted someone’s intellectual property without so much as acknowledging them. That’s plagiarism and intellectual theft.

You made it look like you were one philosophically sound juggernaut.

So go ahead and abuse me.
After that, provide the empirical tools science used in investigations of the supernatural, religion, aesthetics, scientific laws( yes science doesn’t have empirical proof for scientific laws), consciousness, maths and logic.

You can keep your circular arguments to yourself if you can’t provide any of those.
ok, that means the Flying Spaghetti Monster created god as he claim.

We cannot know this because the current methods of theology and science are too limited to test it. grin
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
ok, that means the Flying Spaghetti Monster created god as he claim.

We cannot know this because the current methods of theology and science are too limited to test it. grin

Again ask believers in flying spaghetti to help you out.

Our God discussions doesn’t need the help of arguments from spaghetti to stand.
What is your obsession with the spaghetti? You bring it up in every of our engagements even though it’s unrelated to our discussions.
May I know why?
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 10:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
Do want to provide any evidence or you want to keep distracting me?

Circular arguments. Keep deflecting.
I have been consistent in this discourse on my request for empirical data testing for the supernatural. You are the one who fired the appeal to authority cannon. So let’s drop the authorities we know ( even though most of what we know came through one authority or another), tell us what empirical method YOU specifically used in testing religion and the supernatural since you don’t like and agree with the authorities who said such doesn’t exist yet.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 10:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

What is your obsession with the spaghetti? You bring it up in every of our engagements even though it’s unrelated to our discussions.
May I know why?
if your God claim is real then that of the flying spaghetti monster has to be real.

It's either you agree that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real else you may have to drop your own God claim as well.

The flying spaghetti monster created Yahweh and we don't have the tool to test it, disprove it or accept it.

It's you against your logic now cheesy
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 10:33am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Circular arguments. Keep deflecting.
I have been consistent in this discourse on my request for empirical data testing for the supernatural. You are the one who fired the appeal to authority cannon. So let’s drop the authorities we know ( even though most of what we know came through one authority or another), tell us what empirical method YOU specifically used in testing religion and the supernatural since you don’t like and agree with the authorities who said such doesn’t exist yet.
I agree to whatever fallacy you call it as long as you agree that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created Yahweh.

The logic will force you to accept it.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:33am On Nov 05, 2021
kiss
Nothingserious:

May I know why?

Are you still trying to obtain good reasons from a satanist?

Can good be obtained from a hater if God?

You have made a beautiful presentation and his only opposition is that it pleads Authority without evidence whereas, his own presentation also pleads Authorities without evidence eg Jean-Paul Sartre, Stephen Hawking, Leonard Mlodinow, etc.

When you pin him down he starts running all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
kiss

Are you still trying to obtain good reasons from a satanist?

Can good be obtained from a hater if God?

You have made a beautiful presentation and his only opposition is that it pleads Authority without evidence whereas, his own presentation also pleads Authorities without evidence eg Jean-Paul Sartre, Stephen Hawking, Leonard Mlodinow, etc.

When you pin him down he starts running all over the place.

Abeg don’t mind the guy with his circular arguments.
Lol
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol
I agree, it doesn’t have to be logical.
Since we don’t understand it yet, we have to understand first to see the logic in it.

The Christian god was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can develop a tool to disprove that
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
I agree to whatever fallacy you call it as long as you agree that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created Yahweh.

The logic will force you to accept it.

Again, this is a poor representation of the claims on knowledge of philosophy you make.

You don’t force logic on people. You drop valid logical arguments and allow your points win the arguments.

So if it’s a difficult thing for you to see that claims of Almighty God Yahweh are not dependent on arguments for spaghetti, then I wonder how else I will help you out.

I am trying to reconcile what point you are struggling to make.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
I agree, it doesn’t have to be logical.
Since we don’t understand it yet, we have to understand first to see the logic in it.

The Christian god was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can develop a tool to disprove that

Hahahaha!
Everything now looks like a child’s play.
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 11:42am On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
if your God claim is real then that of the flying spaghetti monster has to be real.

HOW? False conclusions from unrelated premises. Remind me about fallacies again pls.

It's either you agree that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real else you may have to drop your own God claim as well.

It doesn’t work that way.

The flying spaghetti monster created Yahweh and we don't have the tool to test it, disprove it or accept it.

YOU ARE ALREADY sounding like a broken record. So all these just because I threw it at you to show us the empirical tools for investigating the supernatural and religion?
Lol

It's you against your logic now cheesy
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 11:45am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Again, this is a poor representation of the claims on knowledge of philosophy you make.

You don’t force logic on people. You drop valid logical arguments and allow your points win the arguments.

So if it’s a difficult thing for you to see that claims of Almighty God Yahweh are not dependent on arguments for spaghetti, then I wonder how else I will help you out.

I am trying to reconcile what point you are struggling to make.
The current tool in logic cannot explain the flying spaghetti monster.
We don't have that tool yet. It's true but as we improve, we will figure this out cheesy

Flying spaghetti monster created Christian God
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Hahahaha!
Everything now looks like a child’s play.
It's not a child's play, this argument is consistent with your logic.

Since science doesn't have the tool to test Christian god because the Christian God who created science is beyond science, so the Christian God cannot have the tool to test its creator who's the flying spaghetti monster. The flying spaghetti monster is beyond the Christian God.

Very consistent logic
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol

He and all of them if not properly cut down will Move all over the world.

No one is asking them to depart from their foolishness but they must they always attack us.

Surely, they do not want to die alone and they think that they can be safe from God's judgement, if others join them.

1 Like

Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He and all of them if not properly cut down will Move all over the world.

No one is asking them to depart from their foolishness but they must they always attack us.

Surely, they do not want to die alone and they think that they can be safe from God's judgement, if others join them.

Aptly put. God bless you.

“For God's [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative.

For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.

For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks).

So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification], [Ps. 19: 1-4.] Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.

Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:18-22‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
https://www.bible.com/8/rom.1.18-22.ampc
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
Workch:
It's not a child's play, this argument is consistent with your logic.

Since science doesn't have the tool to test Christian god because the Christian God who created science is beyond science, so the Christian God cannot have the tool to test its creator who's the flying spaghetti monster. The flying spaghetti monster is beyond the Christian God.

Very consistent logic

Let me tell you what is consistent here:

1. Your failure to show empirical tools employed in test for the supernatural, religion, consciousness, maths, logic, aesthetics

2. Your inability to see that you are already conceding that you are incapable of providing what I asked for

3. Your concession to the existence of all that science cannot detect including God, spaghetti, mind, consciousness, maths, logic, aesthetics,

4. Your inability to grasp the necessary existence of God Almighty, the CREATOR and the contingent existence ( if demonstrated ) of spaghetti, part of CREATION, made by the creator

5. Your inability to see that God’s existence can be demonstrated and has actually been demonstrated without leaning on spaghetti.

6. Conversely, science hasn’t got the tools to prove the existence of consciousness, maths and logic. Why didn’t you stretch your flawed logic here to say that maths and logic can only be demonstrated with your daddy spaghetti?
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!

See who is talking about shifting goal post:the kettle calling the pot black. That’s hypocritical.

I want you to stick to his scientific/empirical tools claim and follow it to conclusions.

But if you want to shift to God’s attributes, fine. It implies you already concede you really had no scientific tools to test for God and the supernatural but had been lying all along.

No need to test for what has no definition that shows how it can exist
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Workch: 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nothingserious:

1. Your failure to show empirical tools employed in test for the supernatural, religion, consciousness, maths, logic, aesthetics

2. Your inability to see that you are already conceding that you are incapable of providing what I asked for

3. Your concession to the existence of all that science cannot detect including God, spaghetti, mind, consciousness, maths, logic, aesthetics,

4. Your inability to grasp the necessary existence of God Almighty, the CREATOR and the necessary existence ( if demonstrated ) of spaghetti, part of CREATION, made by the creator

5. Your inability to see that God’s existence can be demonstrated and has actually been demonstrated without leaning on spaghetti.

6. Conversely, science hasn’t got the tools to prove the existence of consciousness, maths and logic. Why didn’t you stretch your flawed logic here to say that maths and logic can only be demonstrated with your daddy spaghetti?

Nothingserious:

4. Your inability to grasp the necessary existence of God Almighty, the CREATOR and the necessary existence ( if demonstrated ) of spaghetti, part of CREATION, made by the creator

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

[/quote

1. Your failure to show empirical tools employed in test for the supernatural, religion, consciousness, maths, logic, aesthetics also applies to your god grin

2. Your inability to see that you are already conceding that you are incapable of providing what I asked for also applies to your god grin

3. Your concession to the existence of all that science cannot detect including God, spaghetti, mind, consciousness, maths, logic, aesthetics, also applies to your god

[quote author=Nothingserious post=107353581]

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

Nothingserious:

[quote author=Nothingserious post=107353581]

5. Your inability to see that God’s existence can be demonstrated and has actually been demonstrated without leaning on spaghetti. Also applies to your god grin

6. Conversely, science hasn’t got the tools to prove the existence of consciousness, maths and logic. Why didn’t you stretch your flawed logic here to say that maths and logic can only be demonstrated with your daddy spaghetti? Also applies to your claim of god grin
Re: Logical Argument Against The Existence Of God. by Nothingserious: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
Crystyano:

No need to test for what has no definition that shows how it can exist

Fantastic. Then you don’t even exist seeing we have no empirical proof for your consciousness.

Your logic is also non existent seeing you don’t have empirical proof for it.

Is that okay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of So Called Liberal Christianity!� / The concept of Elohim (God/gods) In The Bible / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.