Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,377 members, 7,950,808 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

Do You Want To Try Homeschooling? Here Are 5 Helpful Tips - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Want To Try Homeschooling? Here Are 5 Helpful Tips (289 Views)

Someone Tell Me To Try And Pay Attention To My Husband / I'm A Single Mom Of One (7yrs), I Want To Try Again / MOTHERS! Here Are 5 Ways You Can Protect Your Daughters [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Try Homeschooling? Here Are 5 Helpful Tips by AMumAndMore(f): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2021
Homeschooling is simply choosing to teach your kids at home instead of the traditional schooling system.

Children learn differently, and not all children can learn and succeed in the traditional schooling system. In addition, the speed and teaching styles used are not tailored to each child’s learning ability and might make it difficult for some children to reach their potential.

Parents are turning to the homeschooling system to help their kids thrive with a curriculum and method suitable for each child.

Bullying, peer pressure and the condition of the learning environment can also be the concerns of parents.

Other reasons could be a learning disability or health challenge. Kids with this challenge will find it difficult to cope in a traditional school system as there might be no provision for them.

Thomas Edison was said to be expelled from school as “retarded” and was taught by his mother at home and became one of the inventors who made history.

Homeschooling benefits include:

READ MORE: [url]https://amumandmore.com/getting-started-on-homeschooling/ [/url]

Re: Do You Want To Try Homeschooling? Here Are 5 Helpful Tips by phr33man(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2021
Op: Tell Me how you can teach your kids how to socialize. I think homeschooling can be effective from crèche to pry 2. 3 and above, send them to traditional school. Adopt again in Ss1 and 2. Then, join as 3 to round up secondary school.

The sole advantage of homeschooling is you set your ward's pace of learning(which is most likely going to be faster) as opposed to the traditional schooling that follows academic calendar.
Re: Do You Want To Try Homeschooling? Here Are 5 Helpful Tips by AMumAndMore(f): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2021
Most people think home-schooling means that your children will become less social. However, that is not always the case. Just because you home school them does not mean that you keep them under lock and key at all times. The parent will have to be intentional about exposing the kids to social activities, this way they can keep track of where there children are and how or when they picked up an undesirable trait.

Also homeschooling does not just have a sole advantage, it has a lot of benefits both for parent and child. The best benefit is that it gives the parent a more immersive participation in their child's life. You'll less likely be caught unawares with changes in your children when they are homeschooled because you are always in the loop.

Please read the article to find out more: https://amumandmore.com/getting-started-on-homeschooling/

phr33man:
Op: Tell Me how you can teach your kids how to socialize. I think homeschooling can be effective from crèche to pry 2. 3 and above, send them to traditional school. Adopt again in Ss1 and 2. Then, join as 3 to round up secondary school.

The sole advantage of homeschooling is you set your ward's pace of learning(which is most likely going to be faster) as opposed to the traditional schooling that follows academic calendar.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Life-saving Tips To Know When Travelling With Children / FG Spends N58bn On Household Uplifting Programme In Two Months — Agency / Opinion: Until Fathers Begin To Speak With Boys.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.