Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:08 PM

Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu (24106 Views)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu / Adebowale Sikiru Ikoyi Building Collapse: My Rejection For Being Muslim Saved Me / Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by joe4christ(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Wait. I thought the building was under construction. How come there are a lot of people inside?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Polynek(m): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
Any person wey survive now na miracle
May there soul rest in peace cry
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
NotoriousBiggyS:

I don't think that would have been easy bro
This is 21story building blocks
...and remember this is Nigeria,so don't be limited by the government's ineptitude .
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by matrixme(m): 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
This is a calous and insensitive thing to say. Even though he stated the obvious, but if he had his child working on one of the floors, he won't let that slip out of his mouth. This is the result of the lax style of leadership from a supposed city of excellence. Building collapse are a fashionable thing to them and nobody really cares. That fact dude has to help us collate the list of building collapse in Lagos in a ten year period.
Our forefathers built the Egyptian pyramid ( Ok, opa oranmiyan or the great wall of Kano to scale it down) without going to school and it's still standing for eternity. Lagos developers nowadays can't build an high rise structure that will last 10 years. Shame!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by catice(m): 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
Even after 2 weeks, an average Nigerian will be shouting "God" and believing in miracles instead of us to be proactive and act!!! Rescue opeartion was terrible. Imagine NEMA staff trying to figure out how to use the life-detecting machine the scene. Tf angry
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Syllables(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2021
In other part of the world, they deploy their military to make rescue operation faster but in my father's land Nigeria, the military are use to kill innocent citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by jaxxy(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
NwaNimo1:
And no 'site' records.......some will never know the fate of their missing,

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]

I’m not sure we have the right technology to detect survivors in a huge rubble like this. This is part of the great irresponsibilities and reactive position our leader have to Emergencies and important issues in this country.

Sanwolu is trying bt he’s far from the mark.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Perfecttouchade: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ambode really tried sha

4 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
We must all go one day but Nigerians have suffered more on this earth only rivalled by some middle East countries.

This is a painful way to exit this world. People die in the most horrific ways in this country everyday. Even animals in first world countries worth more than Nigerians.

God please send us the white again to lead us
We are incapable.

5 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by agabusta: 8:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ojikutumomiage:
Sir many avoidable deaths during your stint, #Endsars,360, Otedola bridge. Baba, we will recount and reckon soon.

Come to think of it, was 360 building substandard? Or a deliberate catastrophe... To regain funds for 2023 or just a disaster.

You and your principals... Our fingers are crossed

Please how can a collapsed building be used to regain funds??
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Aspacng: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
[color=#770077][/color][code][/code]
onthehill:
Ikoyi Building Collapse: It Will Be Tough To Find Survivors At This Time - Sanwo-Olu

Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that it would be tough to find survivors at this time from the rubble at the scene of the Ikoyi building collapse, IgbereTV reports.

The governor said this when he visited the site last night. He was asked by newsmen what the chances are to find survivors since the last time a survivor was brought out was more than 48 hours ago. Responding, he said

''It would be a tough one. It would be really really tough. It would be extremely extremely tough to imagine that we could probably still have survivors at this time."

https://www.facebook.com/channelsforum/videos/678503753129527/
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Timblogga: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
Zico777:

Hmmm won tun de!
How on earth can someone dial her phone in rubbles? Haba nah!
its very possible depending on how the stones lay against each other. It actually happened. One of the survivors actually lit his lighter and dead bodies around him.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Germi9: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
Timblogga:
Cos you employed óde and Ádákás that can’t even use the life detector machine. Even some that would have survived, the bulldozer might have broken their head. How will rescue agents be going on break on the first day.
I even heard a girl called her family on phone from inside the debris crying, yet she was brought out dead.
You guys should just call it body recovery operation and not rescue mission.
I swear,no value for human life
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by EgunMogaji2: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
onthehill:
Ikoyi Building Collapse: It Will Be Tough To Find Survivors At This Time - Sanwo-Olu

Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that it would be tough to find survivors at this time from the rubble at the scene of the Ikoyi building collapse, IgbereTV reports.

The governor said this when he visited the site last night. He was asked by newsmen what the chances are to find survivors since the last time a survivor was brought out was more than 48 hours ago. Responding, he said

''It would be a tough one. It would be really really tough. It would be extremely extremely tough to imagine that we could probably still have survivors at this time."

https://www.facebook.com/channelsforum/videos/678503753129527/

Please, did he point while saying this? Thanks.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by engrchykae(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
Timblogga:
Cos you employed óde and Ádákás that can’t even use the life detector machine. Even some that would have survived, the bulldozer might have broken their head. How will rescue agents be going on break on the first day.
I even heard a girl called her family on phone from inside the debris crying, yet she was brought out dead.
we Africans don't use our brain, remember when gold mine collapsed on 33 miners in Chile?
Do you see how they carried out rescue operations?
What blacks are good in is
Oppression
Corruption
Wickedness
Genocides
We suck

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by engrchykae(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
If ballot box was inside the lowest floor of the collapsed building,the governor would have rescued the ballot box.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Zico777(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
Timblogga:
its very possible depending on how the stones lay against each other. It actually happened. One of the survivors actually lit his lighter and dead bodies around him.
Ok sir!
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Breastfeed: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
I swear, this na just wetin dey
Timblogga:
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Skmoda360(m): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
BESTScientist1:
Except by God's divine orchestration....The way developers(many of whom we know) build, patch, houses all in the name of money is amazing. 20 tipper of Sand with one bag of cement
I give up with this bolded.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by crowaddy(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
I am no expert but i ask if it was not possible to use cranes to pick the rubble from top instead of digging through with excavators?
jaxxy:

I’m not sure we have the right technology to detect survivors in a huge rubble like this. This is part of the great irresponsibilities and reactive position our leader have to Emergencies and important issues in this country.

Sanwolu is trying bt he’s far from the mark.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by andyprez(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
The most useless governor in the history of Lagos.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by TheAlchemist: 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
crowaddy:
I am no expert but i ask if it was not possible to use cranes to pick the rubble from top instead of digging through with excavators?

I am also not an expert but I think it will take at least 3 days to set up a crane, you might also need to test the integrity of the set up, if you rush a crane on site, and the crane collapses imagine the additional casualties, honestly the Nation was totally unprepared... will any lesson be learnt tm from this incident I doubt it. We simply have I chop you chop system... RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by TheAlchemist: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
Please are there sniffer dogs trained to enter rubbles of this magnitude and if there are such dogs, the country needs to have them ASAP.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by newdawn2017(f): 1:32am On Nov 07, 2021
NotoriousBiggyS:

24hrs! What
Are you kidding me
He is not, its the truth
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by calcal: 2:21am On Nov 07, 2021
Igboho should tell his boys to stop this destruction grin
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by fantasy2018: 4:33am On Nov 07, 2021
And Lagos State still thinking about building mega city?
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Styluss: 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bigpapi:

Will you keep quiet
should we place a bet? 20k if the miracle happens
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
ojuu4u:
Naija another name for hell fire
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by crowaddy(m): 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Rightly said. I don't think it should take 3 days to set up a crane in an emergency situation. Also, we should be mindful of the fact that they have been on that site digging for like 7 days now. But an important point has to b made that we must be serious with ourselves in this our country. No scenario analysis, no preparedness' , just chop chop system as you mentioned.
TheAlchemist:

I am also not an expert but I think it will take at least 3 days to set up a crane, you might also need to test the integrity of the set up, if you rush a crane on site, and the crane collapses imagine the additional casualties, honestly the Nation was totally unprepared... will any lesson be learnt tm from this incident I doubt it. We simply have I chop you chop system... RIP to the dead.
Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by mediainc: 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
May the souls of the departed find peace. Next time, we must ensure we follow due process, and shun mediocrity in our state's buildings regulation authority.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: It"ll Be Tough To Find Survivors This Time - Sanwo-Olu by RazorEdge: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2021
#3,000 only

Oga how much is the master class[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another storey building Collapses In Mushin, Lagos (photos) / Hotel Building Under Construction Collapses In Delta State. Photo / Collapsed 21-Storey Building Got Approval - Lagos Government Backtracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.