Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. (3333 Views)

Is It Wrong Or I Am Over Reacting / Is My Perception Of marriage Wrong Or Am I Making A Mistake? Advise Me / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by starpon1: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hayastark:
Get a maid that comes to clean the house maybe 3-4 times in a week, pay the maid from her upkeep, explain to her that because you are big on clean environment you will have to reduce her upkeep to pay someone to do it
God forbid he lost his job and could not pay the maid so he should bear it till thou kingdom come? If I were to be the op I will divorce her straight cos I can't live with such a woman at all
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
Don't open a business for her, open the business for yourself then employ her to manage it along with someone else.

Make she none go divorce you after you start the business. This your wife eye they up.

This reason I don't do long distant relationships.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by GboyegaD(m): 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
Mariangeles:

You can only teach a person who’s willing to be taught.

Everyone is teachable, approach is all that matters. You don't nag an adult to do things in a manner you would appreciate. It requires discussions on why you would like the person to try it without encroaching into their space. One could use phrases like: Have we tried this, What about we try this, I'm thinking we should give this a thought etc.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Mariangeles(f): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
GboyegaD:

Everyone is teachable, approach is all that matters. You don't nag an adult to do things in a manner you would appreciate. It requires discussions on why you would like the person to try it without encroaching into their space. One could use phrases like: Have we tried this, What about we try this, I'm thinking we should give this a thought etc.

I believe part of being a responsible adult is knowing what you should do and doing them when you should.
If I always have to remind you of what you should do, what sets you apart from a child?

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Oksman(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
izzou:
You better calm down and fix your marriage.

When you said for better for worse, this was what you swore to bear.

You now know the true picture of the woman you married. I wouldn't say you carried out due diligence or not, but you have to find a way to manage the situation.

What actually made you love her? Dwell more on that.

Instead of shouting and threatening, find a way to make her a neat person in love. Teach her how to be neat. Be patient through the process

The matter never reach to divorce

I am not sure you are married. If you are, you will not say this to him. How can you teach an adult to be neat? Most women pretend during courtship to be neat if they observe you like a clean environment but change immediately they are hooked up. Any man who marries an untidy woman is in trouble especially if you are the neat type. She can never change it's one thing he has to bear for the rest of the marriage. Rather I will advise him to focus on the other aspect of her that interests him if he wants to continue the marriage.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Karleb(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Seriously! cry

Even I know my friends that are neat and the ones that are dirty, how much more a lady you are to marry and even ended up marrying.

C' mon! sad
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Bimpe29: 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
Without reading what you wrote, I'm sure you are wrong
Haba! What a subjective judgement?
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by GboyegaD(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Mariangeles:

I believe part of being a responsible adult is knowing what you should do and doing them when you should.
If I always have to remind you of what you should do, what sets you apart from a child?

This is high class nagging. We cant force everyone to reason the way we want them to and saying our part doesn't make us right as it is our perception. What we can do is to get them to intentionally buy into what we think is the best way to do things.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Truvelisback(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
umehaam:
I will be concise and as straight to the point as possible and will appreciate people’s advice or suggestions especially married folks.
I got married first week of August this year. This is just three months of marriage.
We didn’t have long courtship because she’s based in a different location and hardly visits.
Now we are married, I’ve started seeing things I don’t really like and is giving me concern. I’ve called her to have a close heart to heart talk but each time I do that it normally ends in quarrels.

These are the issues, I’m a neat person and even before marriage I do my chores myself. I hardly eat outside because I cook all type of food and store in deep freezer and I’m the type that likes things to be neat and environment tidy.
But my wife is the opposite. My wife hardly wash dishes. If she does it she will be feeling like she has done one big job or so. For the past three months we got married I have been the one washing dishes most of the time. Plates will fill the sink she will ignore it until I wash and clean everywhere. Hardly will you see her sweep the room or even mob. I do cleaning of the room and the last time it was mob I was the one.
I made sure I got her stuffs she needs to be comfortable. I got her a washing machine but I will still be the one to load clothes in the washer and even when she does that, she will keep them for me to go downstairs and hang after washing and still bring them back when completely dried.
I do those things without complaining but recently it has turned to be my duty that even when I’m not around and she wash, she will keep them for me to come home and hang them downstairs.
For three weeks our room has not been swept. Just this night I felt really bad seeing many plates in the kitchen sink and she just ignored all.

Not as if she’s working. We are planning on securing a shop for her because she is a business person and still does business online currently and most of her reason according to her why she doesn’t do most chores is because she said she’s always talking to customers on chat. I’ve asked her what of people that manages several business so they don’t have time for their family? I’m just being skeptical starting up a business for her because since she’s doing this way when she has not started a full blown business, how will she do when she’s now managing big business.

I do cook well and most often she relegate cooking to me. Is either she cook one and beg me to cook the other. I’ve been so down and that’s not what I bargained for.

I complained bitterly about her action this night and she’s threatening me with divorce. We are just married for three months and the way it is going now I don’t think I can’t bear this going forward.
She got angry this evening because I told her that the way she keeps house untidy that just very soon my coming back here will be to just come home and sleep and leave the next morning because I’m tired. She got angry and started moving her things from our room to the visitors room with a threat of divorce. I don’t know what to do.
U bought a non tested product from the market, instead of to u to test it before bringing it home, u brought it home to test only for u to find out that it's not working. Now, na wetin u wan do now? To return the product? Bro, Laziness is her problem. U just married a full time lazy housewife.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Get a maid. Openly flirt with the maid, using complimentary remarks to her hearing.

Chances are she will demand her sack and do the chores herself. Chaiii, problem solved.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by emmyN(m): 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Honestly, what you are doing so far is not wrong! You are being the mature party in your marriage at this point and that is key is the relationship is to have hope of survival. undecided

I do hope though that you understand that your wife is not a child to be scolded by you, nor is she your ward in need of training as some insist. She is a grown up, just like you, and you are best approaching her as such, no matter what. undecided

You are right. Though women can behave like children sometimes, which is why I don't mind giving them a little spanking from time to time, you know, to recalibrate the screw up there. However I've found a way to totally avoid getting into such situation by going the way of our fathers, stocking up a harem of different assortments of ladies. That way each wife will be jostling to please me and do my will. With that we can all have a perfect home. I wish other men like the OP will think the same way too. Imagine spending your whole life with a pig, yuck angry.
Re: Please I Need Someone To Tell Me If I’m Wrong Or Not. by samtol4(m): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2021
umehaam:

She has talked about maid. I even tried getting one but not yet successful. I’m
Also afraid that having maid she will leave even cooking to maid and everything in the house.
You do not need a maid. Your marriage is still very young. Next time cook only what you will eat. Let her enter the kitchen and cook. She doesn't want to cook but she want to eat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unbreakable Children Educational Ipad/tablet (bebe B88) In Port Harcourt. / 20 Amazing Facts About Ijebus / Funny Conversation I Had With A Colleague Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.