Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,355 members, 7,947,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Do I Need To Focus On For The IELTS Academic Writing Task 1? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do I Need To Focus On For The IELTS Academic Writing Task 1? (210 Views)

IELTS Academic Writing: Key Steps In Task 2 / As a Nigerian, can I pass the IELTS exam without preparing / Checklist For IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Need To Focus On For The IELTS Academic Writing Task 1? by ifeanyibenjy1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
In IELTS academic writing task 1, candidates are usually asked to describe some visual information. You may be given a graph, table, chart, or diagram, and you are asked to present the description in your own words. You may be asked to describe and explain data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or write about an object or event. You need to write 150 words in about 20 minutes.

To score high in this writing task, you need to focus on the following steps:

Think about the given graph, chart or visual image as well as the given information about it. Take note of the main trends and key features of the chart or diagram.
Start with an introduction: this is a description of what the given graph is all about.
Give an overview of the main trends noticeable in the given chart or diagram.
Give a detailed description of the noticeable key features in the chart, such as similarities, differences, etc.
For a detailed explanation of how to score high on this writing task, watch the following video lecture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgn_GXq1N6s

(1) (Reply)

I Have Interest In Game Development. Where Should I Start From? / Building Department In Abu Have Not Mobilised Her Graduate Since 2019? / Life Is About Time And Turn: Faith It Until You See It...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.