Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,835 members, 7,872,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

I. Need Answer To This ... Dont Quote Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I. Need Answer To This ... Dont Quote Me (149 Views)

Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) / There Is No Powerful Man And Woman Of God, Quote Me Wrong Anywhere / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I. Need Answer To This ... Dont Quote Me by Leebellow96(m): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2021
Please enlighten me more

Re: I. Need Answer To This ... Dont Quote Me by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:57am On Nov 09, 2021
My name is Maximus and i'm one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, would you like me to discuss with you on the topic? smiley
Re: I. Need Answer To This ... Dont Quote Me by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2021
Leebellow96:
Please enlighten me more

The dying that men die is practice dying for the Real Dying that is to come.

The Lord is trying to save us from that Real Dying which no man except Adam, has seen.
Re: I. Need Answer To This ... Dont Quote Me by hupernikao: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Leebellow96:
Please enlighten me more

There is no issue of being quoted if you are asking from a honest heart. It's normal to seek to know or get clarity on what seems not clear to you.

Having said that.

The issue here is drawn from partial extraction of Bible teaching from the full doctrine of the Bible. It will always lead to error.

The question is drawn from a knowledge of reading about Jesus alone in NT but not the whole Bible. The Bible must be understood as a whole book.

For example the moment you see the word "die" which you used twice on your question, you must cast your mind back to Genesis which is the beginning and the first place you see the word "die" mentioned as related to God's instruction to Adam.
You must understand Jesus's death for man in that context then the question is solved.

Secondly.

The word die for us, in literature will be a figurative expression following the Bible explanation.

Die for us there is a figure of speech called synecdoche (please read about it).

A macrocosm synecdoche is when larger entity is used to refer to a small part within it.

For example,
“Los Angeles beat New York last night”

This is using the city name Los Angeles to refer to a team that plays for Los Angeles.

This is well used in the Bible severally.

So when you read/write

Jesus died for us, the US there is to represent a part, the sin of man.

Died for us means
Jesus died for the sin of humanity.

This is what the scriptures taught and is The story of the Bible.

John 1:29 the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the whole world

Rom 5:8 why we are yet sinners, christ died for us.

1 Cor 15: 3, died for our sins according to the scriptures.

Ephe 2:5 we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ

Acts 2:38 in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luke 24:48 repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name

Acts 10:43 whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins

Therefore, the context of the scriptures is dying for the fundamental problem of man, sin. Sin issue is a fundamental problem of man beyond man's achievement, wealth, religion, location, age and advancement, this problem cannot be taken away except in the offering of Christ.

Hence, Christ died for our us (our sins) that we may have life. The moment you put it in this context, the should man had to died again question will be solved. Because man's problem of sin brought a separation (died) from God, Christ obedience unto death, brought back man's union (life) with God.

(1) (Reply)

Worship God With This Song And You Will Get His Attention! / Facts About The Ark Found In Ethiopia / He Said Our Money Would Be Doubled So I Dropped My Fish Stew Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.