Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:19 AM

From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: (6520 Views)

Mathematics/stastistics Vs Mechanical Engineering / HELP: Is Changing From Mechanical Engineering To Computer Science A Good Idea? / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
hello all
I really need anyone in the human resource department of any oil firm who deal in marine services

or any other person who might have an idea about this topic/question.

I am a recent graduate of mechanical Engineering, and i would really love to go into marine engineering.
although i know that my degree in mechanical engineering sets me on the way to this particular field, but

i would like to know about any other required courses/certification to be taken so as to be qualified for an opportunity in this sector.
at least the basic certifications i might need, for an entry level position, E.g MEA or Second engineer position.
any useful information will be highly appreciated.

I am currently looking at places where i can get hands on training on diesel engines at the moment.
so as to equip myself with some knowledge and understanding of the field.

I need this information so i can start preparing myself, before and after my NYSC duties.

N:B   I did my Industrial training with a marine and offshore company, and thats where i fell in love with the field.
i am looking forward to getting information that will help me prepare and hopefully get a Job.

thank you for your anticipated responses.
Re: From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
any ideas please
Re: From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: by adec234: 11:23am On Jun 08, 2011
your Mech Cert go across many field including marine engr.
Your have 2 options
1st is either you look for job in a marine or an oil industry because they are some professional cert for you to have and mostly workshop practical that might be too expensive for you outside the country.

2nd u can also go to marine time academy at VI as a graduate with cert in mech you don't  have to start as fresher because it has many stages of exams

it about 3 consecutive stage programme to study and also write the exams.  from their you learn workshop practical where you see little different between mech & marine because the workshop is what will put you in the marine field.

you can go their to make inquiry.

best regards
wish you good luck
Re: From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: by okeyz(m): 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
@
adec234:

2nd u can also go to marine time academy at VI as a graduate with cert in mech you don't  have to start as fresher because it has many stages of exams

it about 3 consecutive stage programme to study and also write the exams.  from their you learn workshop practical where you see little different between mech & marine because the workshop is what will put you in the marine field.

you can go their to make inquiry.

thats the only sure way of getting into the marine field in Nigeria

so give it a shot!!!
Re: From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2011
thanks for all your response
Re: From Mechanical Engineering To Marine Engineering How To: by sadyeek(m): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
[size=16pt]if this guy had not opend this topic I would have, its just like he read my mind.

Me on the other hand, I ao planning to go study marine engineering abroad as MSc. I would just like to know what it takes, cost financially, the exams to take, the 1 class and 2nd class thing, CoC thing, everything that can help because like my fellow colleague I have no idea about anything on it, I hav just had the passion for it.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Avoid Distractions At Work / How To Write A CV 'curriculum Vitae' | Format | Example / Working From Home Or From The Office, which do you prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.