Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,633 members, 7,926,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:46 AM

How to Change a Blogger Template Without Losing Sidebar Gadgets - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How to Change a Blogger Template Without Losing Sidebar Gadgets (670 Views)

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced / How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software / How To Repair Your Crashed Windows Vista Sidebar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How to Change a Blogger Template Without Losing Sidebar Gadgets by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2011
In this very short but precise post, i will be sharing with you How to Change a Blogger/ Template Without Losing Any of The Sidebar Gadgets.

Like all things 'technical', once you know how to do this, this is SO easy. I have used this technique many times as I experiment with new templates. This method maintains your sidebar gadgets. There will be no need to copy them from your old template and then paste them into your new template.

The first thing you want to do is Save your original HTML code. In Blogger, click on Layout. Then click on Edit Html. Highlight the entire code, Copy and Paste it into Notepad and SAVE it!!! Never make any changes to your HTML code without first saving a copy of it.

Next, find a template you like from one of the many sites that offer blogger templates (and many of them are offered free).

'Get the Code' and Copy and Paste it into Notepad. (Sometimes the code gets downloaded as an .xml file and you might have trouble opening it. If that happens, I Rename it with a .txt extension. Yes, I get a warning message about changing the extension but I ignore it.)

In the new template code, find the 'close head' code. It will be an open bracket (). (See below. The actual code would not display here. I've added the dots to be able to illustrate it. Remove them and you'll know what the code looks like.)
More at: http://www.oracleblogger.com/2013/05/how-to-change-blogger-template-without_20.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Company Produces Tablet Pc / Pls Help Me Out / HELP: Laptop Charging Point Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.