Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:24 PM

Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings (27987 Views)

Shekh Gumi: Bandits Deserve Respect, Empathy, They Have Children, Families / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Zion243(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nigeria is a joke.
Imagine this man fully identified with Bandits and FG can't do anything about it.
It has never been so bad in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by BeardedMeat(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Amunaotutheory:
Then give it to them in the north. Settle them with your daughters as jara if you want.
Your moniker though! grin

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by luizpippo(m): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
ivolt:

Obadiah made wild and specific claims about national security that supposedly happened in the pasts and the ones that will happen in the future.

He also accused some people of being behind various terrorist groups.

But it was time for him to explain himself to DSS, he denied making any claims.

If Gumi goes on TV and claim to know where bandits will attack for the coming months and years and who they will be attacking.
If he also accused some specific people of being behind it.

He will definitely end up with the DSS. They will want to know how he came about the knowledge and how to use the knowledge against the bandit if genuine.

BTW, Obadiah could have get an injunction against the DSS since he wasn't charged with any crime after his first invitation. But he didn't, he chose the media hero route for obvious reasons.

Chai, you mean the same Gumi who was pictured with terrorists, sat in between terrorists and openly claim to canvas for amnesty for them, told the world all the terms and conditions on which the terrorists would accept a ceasefire?
You obviously are a terror supporter with that bladerrash you wrote, read it over and over again, if it makes sense to you, then trying to reason with you will be pointless.

You mean campaigning against the terrorists and their supporters is worst than soliciting on behalf of terrorists?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by cejaypriesty(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
ivolt:

Do you support Ipob or any other secessionist groups?

You are not in prison for it because you have not committed any actual crime.
Abaribe has repeatedly supported Ipob, defended them in interviews, and call for dialogue.
He is walking free because he has not committed any crime.

Until you or Abaribe decides to incite violence, buy guns for, or directly participate in a rebellious activity,
you are free men.

If you still disagree that Gumi has committed a crime, please provide the section of Nigerian law that criminalizes calling for amnesty for a terrorist group.

This isn't a defense of Gumi but the irrational call for his arrest for non-criminal activity.
Some of you guys who claim to hate government illegality advocate for it when the target is
someone you hate.
When did Ipob start carrying gun?.was it not when they tagged them terrorists .They were using placards before doing peaceful protest and they got killed and you expect them to keep using same strategy and die like chicken abi?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by ivolt: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
luizpippo:

Chai, you mean the same Gumi who was pictured with terrorists, sat in between terrorists and openly claim to canvas for amnesty for them, told the world all the terms and conditions on which the terrorists would accept a ceasefire?
You obviously are a terror supporter with that bladerrash you wrote, read it over and over again, if it makes sense to you, then trying to reason with you will be pointless.
Ignorance is the cause of your confusion.
While I do not think you will understand anything I post, I will reply this once
for the benefits of those reading.

First, there are only 2 terrorist groups in Nigeria, Boko haram and Ipob.
Second, taking pictures with actual terrorists is not a crime, though it might be
too hard for your brain to process because it comes with the territory.

The law doesn't operate like jungle justice where someone will shout "kill him" and bloodthirsty onlookers
won't ask question before mobbing a victim.
You need to prove the actual crime of a suspect before they can be convicted.
He snapped photos with some faceless group will sound very dumb in court, but you wouldn't know that.

You mean campaigning against the terrorists and their supporters is worst than soliciting on behalf of terrorists?
You probably also think Ortom is the best governor for talking instead of acting against herdsmen.
How did crafting fictional scenarios help to campaign against terrorists?

How many terrorists did Obadiah kill, stop from operating or cause to surrender with his interviews?
ZERO

Did the attacks reduced because he claimed to know the criminals' secrets?
NOPE

You gullible lots are a perfect target of Obadiah's empty outbursts just like pavlov and his dogs.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by ivolt: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
cejaypriesty:

When did Ipob start carrying gun?.was it not when they tagged them terrorists .They were using placards before doing peaceful protest and they got killed and you expect them to keep using same strategy and die like chicken abi?
Read between the lines.
Terrorism is about political violence against government authority.
Guns are not a requirement.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Leo588(m): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
This man is really evil and stupid.

What kind of a country is this?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by chaloskyx: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
OMO NIGERIANS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE O GIVE THEM LAND AND CHIFTANCY TITLE JOIN SEF IF NOT YOU WOULD KNOW NO PEACE SINCE YOU GUYS KUKU LEFT KANU AND IGBOHO TO BE DEALT WITH BY THE FG AND ABANDONED THEM WHAT OTHER CHOICE DO YOU EVEN HAVE?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Karnice600: 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
adamsmith914:
No different from Ipob’s demands, Useless Bandarass Terrorists.

IPOB is not on the same page with these Terrorists. You don't need a BSc to know that.

You cant mention Fulani herdsmen or BH in the same sentence with Niger Delta Militants or IPOB. Its either a display of stupidity or show of support for Terrorism, inclined towards the benefits of a blood thirsty religion.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by christistruth01: 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
ezenwajosh:
You think?

Ask GOOD LUCK

GEJs hired Mercenaries dealt with Boko Haram it was When Buhari came to Power that Boko Haram came out of hiding
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by NickD(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2021
fergie0o1:
The self-appointed mediator for bandits said only religion can be used to pacify bandits to embrace peace.

Peoples Gazette
Gumi the terrorist has spoken. This man needs mental examination.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by luizpippo(m): 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
. cheesy
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by luizpippo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
ivolt:

Ignorance is the cause of your confusion.
While I do not think you will understand anything I post, I will reply this once
for the benefits of those reading.

First, there are only 2 terrorist groups in Nigeria, Boko haram and Ipob.
Second, taking pictures with actual terrorists is not a crime, though it might be
too hard for your brain to process because it comes with the territory.

The law doesn't operate like jungle justice where someone will shout "kill him" and bloodthirsty onlookers
won't ask question before mobbing a victim.
You need to prove the actual crime of a suspect before they can be convicted.
He snapped photos with some faceless group will sound very dumb in court, but you wouldn't know that.

You probably also think Ortom is the best governor for talking instead of acting against herdsmen.
How did crafting fictional scenarios help to campaign against terrorists?

How many terrorists did Obadiah kill, stop from operating or cause to surrender with his interviews?
ZERO

Did the attacks reduced because he claimed to know the criminals' secrets?
NOPE

You gullible lots are a perfect target of Obadiah's empty outbursts just like pavlov and his dogs.
As usual, leaving the substance of the matter and focusing on the periphery, we are talking about someone soliciting lands, money and all whatnots for terrorists, but you have your head so up in the terrorists ass that you see no wrong in that.

The same law that killed those two fellows at Igboho's house, so much for the law.

Did you call the guys with guns in the pix with Gumi faceless? They are known by Gumi and his cohorts, if you give up your ancestral land today( if you ever had any), Gumi would take them there to settle so stop fooling yourself with the faceless rhetoric.

They are terrorists, the fact that Ortom is unable to fight them does not stop them from being terrorists, only a fool feels that because i couldn't fight off someone stealing from me makes me unable to call him a thief.

So Obadiah was supposed to kill or stop them himself? I have never met an obtuse fellow like this before, i pray i don't ever get to meet another.

This is basically saying Obadiah was wrong with his interview because was unable to stop them, but Gumi is on the right since he has taken up the mantle of being their advocate.

I am wrong because i called out a thief without stopping him from stealing but the man who comes out to say, give the thief your properties and money before he can stop, is regarded as the one in the right.
No offence, you are not sane.
Asking how Obadiah's outburst against killers of his kinsmen has stopped their bloodletting is as stupid as El Rufai calling them business men, Lai Mohammed calling them nationalists who believed in the flag, and Malami equating them to spare parts sellers.
Very insulting reasoning.

In conclusion, you daft and i am putting it to you that you are as obtuse as a door nail.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by iyke2frankeze: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thank God that they know that the Southeast land is just a dot. There is enough land in other parts of the country except the Southeast. The Nigerian Military already has enough fund to pay their foot soldiers. Case closed!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Babinski: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
fergie0o1:
The self-appointed mediator for bandits said only religion can be used to pacify bandits to embrace peace.

Peoples Gazette

The audacity of Gumi in the defense of these bandits is really insulting to the sensibilities of well meaning Nigerians. But it may only go to imply that he has support in the Government.

One plan seems to be materializing though: that of an Amnesty Program for Bandits similar to the one for Niger Delta militants. Now we are talking of hundreds of billions of naira that Gumi or his nominee would control as head of the program!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Chinny024(f): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
In a sane Clime,this man should have been declared a terrorist...
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by blackboy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Give them that then we will soon have a country within a country. A group of people who will at their own will terrorize the country
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by NumeroUna(f): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
The spokesman of the bandits, by the bandits and for the bandits undecided
I'm not surprised
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Inosky: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
And this man is left to walk freely, spreading his proterrorism act and membership with authority. The country is runned by sponsors of terrorism so they won't arrest their own. God is watching!
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Drogunov: 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
fergie0o1:

Peoples Gazette

If this country is not divided ASAP, the medieval period will be paradise in comparison to what is going to obtain there.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by orisa37: 7:05am On Nov 11, 2021
Ole.com
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by VaselineCrew: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ofiadiegwu:

You made a point.
But it mustn't remain that way.
We cannot continue as a lawless country.

On police square to chase traffic offenders: that one has to be latter in the future.
You know heat-and -run is prevalent in Lagos even while not been chased by police.
When traffic offenders are given a chase, scores of people will be ran over and the people will blame the police for it

People don’t have to get run over if they are coordinated. For instance, they could radio in to another squad ahead to block the road so that the offenders have no where to go. They could also deploy road spikes and motorbikes to maneuver in and out of traffic.

Why must we wait till a future time before we can have police pull people over? Why? Why??

If I were president, that is like the first thing I’d do, I’d pay for so many ads on radio, tv, internet, and all sensitizing road users on what to do when getting pulled over by police as this will be relatively new for Nigerians.

Again, why must we wait in 2021, to have ordinary police pull people over, when other countries are going to space?
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by CableWire: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
adamsmith914:
No different from Ipob’s demands, Useless Bandarass Terrorists.
Stop disgracing your stupidity.
Stop thinking with your anus.
Stop talking when people that have something to say are talking.
Again, don't just talk because you have an Android phone.
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Dshocker(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
Can you imagine
Re: Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Require Money, Land Compensation To Stop Killings by Ofiadiegwu: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
VaselineCrew:

People don’t have to get run over if they are coordinated. For instance, they could radio in to another squad ahead to block the road so that the offenders have no where to go. They could also deploy road spikes and motorbikes to maneuver in and out of traffic.

Why must we wait till a future time before we can have police pull people over? Why? Why??

If I were president, that is like the first thing I’d do, I’d pay for so many ads on radio, tv, internet, and all sensitizing road users on what to do when getting pulled over by police as this will be relatively new for Nigerians.

Again, why must we wait in 2021, to have ordinary police pull people over, when other countries are going to space?

I can feel your concern and pain.

But when you becomes president, you must build more prison houses (correctional centres) before you start the aggressive traffic control in your mind.

Note, by the time you give traffic offenders the chase of their life and station squards to block the road ahead; more innocent people will die because these hit and run drivers will divert into any available Street and even run on anticlockwise movement on the roads, killing more people.

SOLUTION:
People must be sensitized to stop taking drugs and drive with their sanity intact.

Drugs of different kinds are responsible for much of the inhuman acts in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC National Convention 2022 (Live Updates) / Buhari’s Magic Hand And Other Photos From Campaign Trail / INEC Office In Ohafia, Abia Set Ablaze (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.