Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:00 AM

Nigerian Languages Survey - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Languages Survey (677 Views)

Christmas In Nigerian Languages: Cultural Diversity / How Many Nigerian Languages Can You Speak? / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Languages Survey by Miller142: 2:15am On Nov 10, 2021
I am working on an assignment for school about Nigerians' perspectives on Nigerian languages. I am conducting research to see whether the Nigerian people prefer English or another language spoken in Nigeria. I would be very happy to anyone who is willing to answer their opinions on the following questions. You don't have to answer all of them.

1. What languages other than English do you speak?

2. Do you ever experience any tension or communication obstacles with the other language groups of Nigeria?

3. Do you prefer speaking English or one of your other languages? Why?

4. Were there times when English has helped you talk with someone from a different language group?

5. Do you think that English is a good standard language for the country? If not, what language do you think would be better?

6. When speaking English, do you mostly speak Nigerian Standard English or Nigerian Pidgin? Which do you prefer to speak?

I will be sharing any responses to these questions with my class, but the answers will be anonymous. If you do not want your answers shared with other people, please don't reply to this survey. Thank you in advance for participating.
Re: Nigerian Languages Survey by Miller142: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
I would greatly appreciate any answers you can give me.
Re: Nigerian Languages Survey by Horllamideh(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
Miller142:
I am working on an assignment for school about Nigerians' perspectives on Nigerian languages. I am conducting research to see whether the Nigerian people prefer English or another language spoken in Nigeria. I would be very happy to anyone who is willing to answer their opinions on the following questions. You don't have to answer all of them.

1. What languages other than English do you speak?

2. Do you ever experience any tension or communication obstacles with the other language groups of Nigeria?

3. Do you prefer speaking English or one of your other languages? Why?

4. Were there times when English has helped you talk with someone from a different language group?

5. Do you think that English is a good standard language for the country? If not, what language do you think would be better?

6. When speaking English, do you mostly speak Nigerian Standard English or Nigerian Pidgin? Which do you prefer to speak?

I will be sharing any responses to these questions with my class, but the answers will be anonymous. If you do not want your answers shared with other people, please don't reply to this survey. Thank you in advance for participating.
1. Yoruba
2. Not really, pidgin English comes in handy to bridge that gap.
3. I prefer speaking Yoruba. I am living in an heavily Yorubanized environment where 90% of all conversation is done in Yoruba.
4. Many times.
5. English is and should remain the standard language of Nigeria.
6. Standard English. I prefer standard English.
Re: Nigerian Languages Survey by Miller142: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
Horllamideh:

1. Yoruba
2. Not really, pidgin English comes in handy to bridge that gap.
3. I prefer speaking Yoruba. I am living in an heavily Yorubanized environment where 90% of all conversation is done in Yoruba.
4. Many times.
5. English is and should remain the standard language of Nigeria.
6. Standard English. I prefer standard English.
Thank you so much for your response!

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of Oye Ekiti / Is It True Dat Benue Pple Love The "black Color" Of Nigeria Police Uniform / Procession For Late Bolanle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.