Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,882 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:54 PM

Poker 5150, My Rantings, Stats And Quest To Qualifiy For A Bigger Live Event. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Poker 5150, My Rantings, Stats And Quest To Qualifiy For A Bigger Live Event. (462 Views)

Walmart’s quest to counter Amazon at every turn has taken its next logical step: / HOT�: Advertise Your Products Now And Reach 500,000 Fans...check Out Our Stats / Obaseki In Quest To Revamp Agriculture, Create Jobs, Visits Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poker 5150, My Rantings, Stats And Quest To Qualifiy For A Bigger Live Event. by muskanmuffleit: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Playing to win? Sure...but....
I recentley engaged in an argument with a player that is ridiculosly more succesful than me.

The topic was wether it is alright to feel happy with anything other than a win in a tournament.
The "better" player said: No - anything but a win is disappointing.

Read more

This might be the very thing that sepatares me from the better players - but i disagree. Although I totally agree on the notion of playing to win - not just trying to cash - I still think it is legit to be satisfied with other things than just no 1.

Just because I win doesn't mean I played better than that other time when I finished 8:th after having my aces cracked...

I think it is OK to feel pleased when you played good / your best pretty much regardless of how you placed. Anything else is being too results oriented. Remember that this is a long term game....

Happyness

yay me! I just won the first installment of the Poker.com Blogger Tour!
125$ and a chance at a WSOP seat later on.

Wow. Real neat things can come from a little diary like this. The folks over at Poker.com even made a custom table for this event and it was a lot of fun.

The game itself went pretty smoothly. Built big early on but manged to give most of it away on a dumb call. Then it was basically short-stack play like Harrington dictates in Vol 2. Made a couple of good pushes that weren't called at the right time and sucked out once.

The headsup was pretty even back and forth but the final hand I had AQo vs. A6o and a straight fell down around me.

I am pretty happy with my play and extremely happy with the price.

(I also won another much smaller tournament today but that kinda pales in comparison).

Stuff from March 22 and 23
Due to a lack of sleep lately I have played mainly SNG:s once the family has gone to bed.

I did a couple of the 4.40/180 man's at Stars and various others without any real succes.

I played one 6 mn 35+3 at Stars and won that to pad my bankroll a little. I also finished second in a 6.60/18 man Token SNG at FullTilt - leaving me with a 24+2 tournament token that I will use for a guarantee tournament once the stars align and conditions are right for an all-nighter.

My main goal this spring is to freeroll my way into the WSOP ME and have been trying pretty hard at Fulltilt and Party.

I have come pretty close and am actually pretty confident and optimistic.

At FullTilt I made it to round 2 of the give-away - (round 1 consists of an 1800 man tournament where the top 36 move on to round 2). In round two I finished 11:th out of 450 - top 9 moved on to the 20 seat give-away.

At Party I made it to the 20 seat give-away but finished 300:th something out of 3000.

Yesterday I played both Party and FullTilt round 1 - wnt deep but not deep enough.

keep knowing-katana name generator

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Hands Over New House To A Homeless Woman In Ebonyi State. / Igbo People Ae Known For Business, Yoruba Known For Education – Hausa People Are / Why Some Men Cheat On Their Wife When She's Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.