Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,938 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:52 AM

C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# (2979 Views)

.NET Vs Python For Cryptography And Cybersecurity / VB.NET Vs Windev - Which Is Faster & Better / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# by dabrake(m): 12:41am On Jun 07, 2011
I have been using java and fortran2010 and I knw when to use each language to solve a problem but my problem lies with c#.net, vb.net and f#(which is a new language from microsoft). Please, I want to know the advantage of one over the other because it has been causing mi 2 use a sweat over an easy task due to the fact that I do not know when to use a language that could be suitable for certain tasks. I await your response because many good heads are better than one. I remain grateful in advance
Re: C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# by dellnet: 2:22am On Jun 07, 2011
According to Microsoft performance is the same, the only difference is syntax. This is true because the languages are dependent on .net framework.
Re: C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
dabrake:

I have been using java and fortran2010 and I knw when to use each language to solve a problem but my problem lies with c#.net, vb.net and f#(which is a new language from microsoft). Please, I want to know the advantage of one over the other because it has been causing mi 2 use a sweat over an easy task due to the fact that I do not know when to use a language that could be suitable for certain tasks. I await your response because many good heads are better than one. I remain grateful in advance

How do I get the Vb.net materials-Book & Cd? I really need to deepen.
Re: C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2011
dell_net:

According to Microsoft performance is the same, the only difference is syntax. This is true because the languages are dependent on .net framework.

Pls am a rookie and I'll want to start learning programming.I've been trying to get a good and current programming language that will make sense to me in Nigeria. I have looked for Vb.net of any version-no luck. I think Vb.net will package me well from scratch. Pls folks throw more light to me so that I won''t deceive myself, waste time and money.
Re: C#.net Vs Vb.net Vs F# by samm(m): 1:32pm On Jun 23, 2011
ferdiii:

Pls am a rookie and I'll want to start learning programming.I've been trying to get a good and current programming language that will make sense to me in Nigeria. I have looked for Vb.net of any version-no luck. I think Vb.net will package me well from scratch. Pls folks throw more light to me so that I won''t deceive myself, waste time and money.

Dell_net is right. They are seperated by syntax.  To learn VB download Visual Studio Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-basic-express

This link will get you started:

http://vb.net-informations.com/

Also, will recommend you pick a simple task/app to complete.  Learn the fundamentals but don't get too hung up on them.  Your goal will be to complete the task as best as you can. It won't be perfect (none really is)  but you'll learn a great deal and will improve with time.  Also, most importantly is learn how to ask for help.  Learning to articulate where you need help and ability to use GOOGLE will be your greatest asset.

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Security Or Software Engineering? / Quadratic Equation Solving App I Developed In Python / Building Nigerians Programmers A Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.