Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,728 members, 7,875,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? (25638 Views)

50k Monthly Job Or Bolt Driving In Port Harcourt / Masters Scholarship In The UK Vs N500k Monthly Job In Nigeria / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

There's no way a driver can manipulate the app, the only way to manipulate bolt is when driver doesn't start trip on time and that's why you're being advised to check your app when inside the car to see the driver have started the trip.

How does that relate to being asked where the rider is going.

You are embarrassing yourself you don't know me so keep quiet before you get exposed
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Olayetan(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

I can picture in my head the kind of uber or whatever driver you are in my head and its people like you i continue to give a very hard time.
Self-centered bunch of idiots. Its not uber's job to verify whether you will be killed or not.
You have common sense when you get to the area and its not safe you simply cancel and choose the option not safe dont be a two-faced silly prick.

Drivers get killed just like riders get killed. You all drive cars that are not what's on the app or different driver compared to what's on the app.

You masturbate while carrying a rider, send stupid messages to riders.

OGA self righteous man DO YOUR DAMN JOB YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY DRIVER IN THE WORLD AND GET A REAL JOB TOO

Read that bolded paragraph and tell me how it makes sense to you,

So you mean the driver should 1st carry the rider to where doesn't look safe before he then cancel it,

Guy, you're the dumbest person on this planet.

I guess that phrase justify why drivers needs to know where rider is going to

10 Likes

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Solatium(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

please I need your advice urgently.

Currently employed on a 60K monthly salary with accommodation. But sometime ago I applied for Moove Uber before I started my current job and now they reached out to me with congratulations that I have been selected for their drive to own Uber stuff and I should come finalize and pick up the car, that it's ready with current batch.

I applied for the Moove then because it was the brand new 2016 Corolla and that was something I felt would be worth giving it a shot and doing it. But now I have a job doing and it's sort of stressful and very demanding, however, the Uber job will be stressful too, right?

I want to know from those with the experience with Moove Uber, is it worth trying for drive to own, can someone cope from start to finish, is it a feasible venture or another pipe dream?

Should I quit my job for this or remain on my job?

I don't want to make a mistake.

Please advice me. Thank you

If you love yourself stick to your job,i repeat Stick to your job.
Taxi driving does not worth it in Nigeria if you have an option of paid job
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Lexusgs430: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:

Currently employed on a 60K monthly salary with accommodation. But sometime ago I applied for Moove Uber before I started my current job and now they reached out to me with congratulations that I have been selected for their drive to own Uber stuff and I should come finalize and pick up the car, that it's ready with current batch.

I applied for the Moove then because it was the brand new 2016 Corolla and that was something I felt would be worth giving it a shot and doing it. But now I have a job doing and it's sort of stressful and very demanding, however, the Uber job will be stressful too, right?

I want to know from those with the experience with Moove Uber, is it worth trying for drive to own, can someone cope from start to finish, is it a feasible venture or another pipe dream?

You currently have a ₦60K + accommodation, you want to risk it all, for uber........ Biko no do ó...

You would now start paying house rent, buy fuel, maintain vehicle, insure vehicle, continually risk your life etc etc (each passenger is a perceived risk).........
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Olayetan(m): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

You are embarrassing yourself you don't know me so keep quiet before you get exposed

Typical Nigerian mentality, sorry o, the CEO of Uber.

Mumu man, whoever you are na for your pocket.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by SATANlST: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

I just regret quoting your stupidity, I was too quick to quote instead of checking your moniker before I did....

Your entire generation is satanic and no wonder you carry the name, the wrath of God will visit you soonest.
trash
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

Read that bolded paragraph and tell me how it makes sense to you,

So you mean the driver should 1st carry the rider to where doesn't look safe before he then cancel it,

Guy, you're the dumbest person on this planet.

I guess that phrase justify why drivers needs to know where rider is going to

You are just as sillly as you think.
Let me lecture you free of charge and teach you your job.
Step 1: Get ready to drive (mentally, physically and psychologically. Don't leave the little brain you have in the amala you ate for lunch)
Step 1: Receive a request
Step 2: Address and rider profile shows
Step 3: don't be sneaky by wasting precious time and money of yourself and rider by calling on the phone
Step 4: if you identify the area is a high crime area. Immediately cancel and choose the option and Uber pings you back letting you know " they consider your safety paramount" you move on
Step 5: if you proceed to drive to the area cos you are not aware and you get there and your COMMON SENSE tells you its not safe. Follow step 4 above.
Now dont tell me the crap of oh you wasted gas blah blah blah its part of the damb business you win some you lose some

Na over sabi ans paranoia go kill some of you drivers before the riders actually kill you.

Get off the app and get a real job or be smart enough to develop your own app and design it however you want if you are too paranoid to follow the terms of reference you signed up for. They are the same everywhere in the world

I won't charge you for that info cos you are too dumb or selfish and a liar to your own self plus you cannot even pay sef
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

Typical Nigerian mentality, sorry o, the CEO of Uber.

Mumu man, whoever you are na for your pocket.

Your eyes will clear soon
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by house10s: 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:

keep d job find a woman that's is working n not stingy una go live better life

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by olancho: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
My advice as a guy into the Uber business, bros forget that moove if you want to succeed in Uber and look for rental from someone and master the work first and now look for a loan and buy your own car.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by baby124: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
You can do both. Work during the day, Uber nights and weekends.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by antontech(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
what security are u talking about? i have been to russia, south africa, venezuela, brazil , bronx and some more deadly states in the usa. and i can tell u that naija dey learn for where those south american countries i mentioned dey and their uber will never call u to ask rubbish then cancel because the place is too close.
useless uninformed broke entity. thunder fire u dia

Bolt policy said the driver should call to confirm the ride. If u know what drivers go through because they forgot to call u will not talk again.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Kennikeddo(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
I was in your shoe over a year ago.I was contemplating if I should go for e-hailing or stick to my Job of 65k. I eventually chose e-hailing and now, I think I am experienced enough to advise you.
Driving Moove car comes with a lot of conditions that could make it too stressful and difficult to meet up unless if you are careless about your health and family.
Part of the conditions are:
1.You can only use the car for Uber and not bolt or any other App.
2. You can't do offline trips or go out of Lagos as there a tracker on d car that keeps mornitoring your movement ( the offline trips are what drivers use to survive not d small small money on Uber.
3. You can't use the car for family stuff as you are expected to be online for a Specific hours per day or per week and if not, the car could.be retrieved.
E.t.c

My advice...

If I were you, I will stick to the 60k job for now since it's with accommodation then try all means to get my own car for the e-hailing business where u can use all apps at the same time but not necessarily sticking to one, this pays.
E-hailing is best when it's your car.

Thank you

6 Likes

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by antontech(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaBoston:

You are just as sillly as you think.
Let me lecture you free of charge and teach you your job.
Step 1: Get ready to drive (mentally, physically and psychologically. Don't leave the little brain you have in the amala you ate for lunch)
Step 1: Receive a request
Step 2: Address and rider profile shows
Step 3: don't be sneaky by wasting precious time and money of yourself and rider by calling on the phone
Step 4: if you identify the area is a high crime area. Immediately cancel and choose the option and Uber pings you back letting you know " they consider your safety paramount" you move on
Step 5: if you proceed to drive to the area cos you are not aware and you get there and your COMMON SENSE tells you its not safe. Follow step 4 above.
Now dont tell me the crap of oh you wasted gas blah blah blah its part of the damb business you win some you lose some

Na over sabi ans paranoia go kill some of you drivers before the riders actually kill you.

Get off the app and get a real job or be smart enough to develop your own app and design it however you want if you are too paranoid to follow the terms of reference you signed up for. They are the same everywhere in the world

I won't charge you for that info cos you are too dumb or selfish and a liar to your own self plus you cannot even pay sef

Just map alone can mess u up in this country.
You forgot some people use their app to book for their friends who maybe at a different location. My dear, from my experience, that call saves u a lot of stress as a driver.

2 Likes

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by emmanuelbrown26: 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
SQLmastar:
Keep the 60k job, since it comes with accommodation.
Find a good working class lady that earns at least 100k monthly. Friend her, chyke her, propose her and marry her. Both of you should live in that accommodation.
Then watch as your life would improve gradually.

You're welcome!
Chaiii, see human being mentality.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by ImaIma1(f): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
What are you doing with 60k monthly for crying out loud? That is 720k/annum....
Money you can make in 1 month driving Uber/Bolt

If you are hardworking you can even make 1 million naira. Just don't join the lazy gangs...

See attached picture of monthly gross

Satanist they have come o.

1m a month driving uber. Are you serious?

1 Like

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by 4godsake: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please keep your job,moove is not like before.the DTO is expensive like 5m nairia and the cars are old. You will be paying about N37,000 weekly.just expect a minimum downtime of 1 week if you take your car to their workshop for repairs.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by donbrowser(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
waiting for all them annoying broke ass uber and bolt guys to come and blab blab how they make 600k in 2 hours.
useless bunch. abroad when u book an uber, he dosnt call u to ask where u are going or all those stupid questions. he only calls you to tel you he is in-front of your house but when you book these miserable bastards in naija, they will be calling to ask you rubbish questions angry angry angry
everything that enters naija gets abused . later they will start blaming buhari

QUOTE ME TO TALK TRASH AS AN UBER OR BOLT DRIVER AND HAVE A FATAL ACCIDENT angry angry angry

before u come defending your trash in the name of security, just know that naija no rough pass venezuela, brazil, south africa and other south american countries. yes i have been to most those countries and their drivers are not as annoying as nigerian drivers. the only country that their uber drivers behave like nigerians is india. useless bunch angry angry

Stop disgracing yourself in public forum. If you don't know something you simply ask. Anyways not all e-hailing apps in Nigeria show destination of passengers. It's left to you to find out which doesn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
ecomalchemist:

It's Better to remain silent on matters you know nothing about and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Let me rephrase cause your IQ is very low to process that information.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

You cannot answer the questions it was exactly what i thought?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
helpadvice:
Thank you very much for your candid advice. I'm not the lazy type. Your screenshot is Bolt. That's the advantage with an independent Uber contractor. You can combine Uber and Bolt. But for this one, I can only drive for Uber. Can I make this kind of earnings driving Uber alone without Bolt? Thank you again

Remember to factor in your location, terms and conditions of the Moove Uber, repayment, and running cost before making your decision.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
antontech:

Bolt policy said the driver should call to confirm the ride. If u know what drivers go through because they forgot to call u will not talk again.

Can you do a screenshot of that policy?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
donbrowser:

Stop disgracing yourself in public forum. If you don't know something you simply ask. Anyways not all e-hailing apps in Nigeria show destination of passengers. It's left to you to find out which doesn't.

Just curious which of them doesn't?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by omonla10(m): 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
You made this in just a month driving? shocked
my newbie brother made 45k last sunday
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by mayo47(m): 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol

SQLmastar:
Keep the 60k job, since it comes with accommodation.
Find a good working class lady that earns at least 100k monthly. Friend her, chyke her, propose her and marry her. Both of you should live in that accommodation.
Then watch as your life would improve gradually.

You're welcome!
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
antontech:

Just map alone can mess u up in this country.
You forgot some people use their app to book for their friends who maybe at a different location. My dear, from my experience, that call saves u a lot of stress as a driver.

Hmmm you not making sense.
The apps are designed in such a way that pick up and destination points can be edited. The user of the app doesn't have to be the one riding ( but sorry drivers don't get that luxury grin)
In addition, if you get to the pick up point and the rider is not there you get paid for waiting plus for no -show and doesn't affect your ratings.

Some Nigerian drivers think riders are dumb asses
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
SATANlST:
omo the thing dey tire me na. all they want to confirm is if you are going to somewhere close. if the place is close, they will tell u to cancel

Both Uber and Bolt are same. My last trip to naija, Uber blocked me because I was charged N14k and my bank flagged my card due to the location and amount charged. It was for a less than 45minutes trip although there was a surge where I was informed it will cost N6600. How that changed to N14k is what I did not understand.

I had to resort to Bolt and I lost so much money. Each time, I have to call to renegotiate and the worst is that they will make you cancel after you wait a long time.

When next I visit, will use my Okada jeje because the only day I drove, it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olayetan:

You're nothing but a fool, let the driver ask cux Africans are used to abuse anything and take advantage of it, it's for the driver security to know where his/her client is heading.

If you don't like the question,get a car and drive yourself, you can't enter my car cux of the money you want to pay me and still be bossy.

Mumu man

Different people have had all sorts of experience particularly with the calls.
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by techWriter3: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
say you written the clauses and circumstances of Moove?? reread carefully before you dispose your current job oh
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by GboyegaD(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
stacyadams:
. angry grin grin ..Because ur going to ur God forsaken destination like sango and ur paying 500,on top that useless road, so drivers should carry u without knowing ur destination...okpo

Are they forced to drive Uber/Bolt? Why not cancel the trip themselves? Why make the client cancel so that they can be paid for service they intentionally made the client cancel?
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by Juggernaut21: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Terms and condition for moove is not child's play o, r u sure wot moove will give u is toks? Most people dat I know dat worked on moove, they ended up dropping d car cos of stress nd d demands. Moove has collected so many cars from drivers that were not able to meet up nd still drop d same vehicle to another new person has tokunbo. If u know u can cope with it, then u can go for it. 60k is small tho with stress
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by AfonjaBoston: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
GboyegaD:

Both Uber and Bolt are same. My last trip to naija, Uber blocked me because I was charged N14k and my bank flagged my card due to the location and amount charged. It was for a less than 45minutes trip although there was a surge where I was informed it will cost N6600. How that changed to N14k is what I did not understand.

I had to resort to Bolt and I lost so much money. Each time, I have to call to renegotiate and the worst is that they will make you cancel after you wait a long time.

When next I visit, will use my Okada jeje because the only day I drove, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

I have used my card couple times too and never had that experience. I believe the app is designed to switch to local currency pay out irrespective of the currency type of your card. So that 14k naira on the app while you are in naija will be about 30 bucks on an American bank statement which is fair price.
Most global banks won't flag cos your bank card is already linked but i won't be surprised if a credit union throws one or 2 flags.

What i will recommend is using the cash option i found out that out this year and learn to drive more in naija its usually fun for me.

The way i switch to the naija crazy style right away still amuses me grin
Re: N60,000 Monthly Job Or Uber? by helpadvice: 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
GboyegaD:

Remember to factor in your location, terms and conditions of the Moove Uber, repayment, and running cost before making your decision.
Thank you. Advice noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment: More Women Testify Against Ibrahim Lamuwa / Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.