Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,510 members, 7,965,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 07:03 AM

Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila (16113 Views)

Hope Uzodinma Pushed For Lawan As APC Consensus Candidate - Lukman / Apc’s Direct Primaries: Buhari Intervenes To Stop Anti-oshiomhole Rebellion / More Senators Threaten To Dump APC Because Of Direct Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by anbel(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
there problems
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Forest122: 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Okay
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Clickguy44: 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
It's still for the money
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by adamsmith914: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
nihinlade:
I am beginning to like this man. He repaired many roads in his constituency and provided street lights everywhere. He went as far as repairing roads in Mushin. He donates to public causes and he is sensible and sincere in reasoning.
Lagosians love their state. From Fashola, Igbokwe to Gbenga Bareehu Ashafa, Let Osinbajo enter the seat, Eko Oni Baje.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Conwarden: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/electoral-bill-why-i-pushed-for-direct-primaries-%e2%80%95-gbajabiamila/

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by rave1040: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
We know una way
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Moony45: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
Folahh:
It's actually a good thing
Yeah, as long as Tinubu wants it
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Akerele44(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good move from my amiable SPEAKER of the House
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by PortableToDynam(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
JosephXavier:
What will be our headache now is getting Buhari to sign this piece of legislation into law

It's is really commendable

Since I saw some prominent politicians wailing especially those of APC, that I knew that this is the right step in the right direction

In case you don't understand what this means

Before, some political office holders will meat in hotel rooms and pick a candidate of their choice

Then if day breaks, 5hey will now announce to us that the party has voted the person to run for a post

Such was the type that produced Andy Uba of Anambra state where he polled over 230k votes but couldn't get up to 45k in the actual election

Direct primaries will be like normal election where registered members will queue up in a line to Vite for the choice candidate after which the Vite will be counted and a winner declared

Thanks for the translation boss. The news the Op. posted was written in Arabic. ���
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by slivertongue: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
It same as delegate system if not worse. Independent candidate is a better option
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by id4sho(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
slivertongue:
It same as delegate system if not worse. Independent candidate is a better option
It's better than delegate joor!
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Simplythebest: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
The same direct primary APC did in Anambra u guys can only decieve lazy people. What a faild country with evil and wicked leaders.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by simplesearch: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Thought this was the same system adopted between Sanwolu and Ambode, whereby with threat and force of harm Sanwolu a political neophyte won the primary with landslide. Nigeria Politicians can always manipulate any system and situation to their advantage.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by ogomilekan: 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by osato45: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
JosephXavier:
What will be our headache now is getting Buhari to sign this piece of legislation into law

Since I saw some prominent politicians wailing especially those of APC, that I knew that this is the right step in the right direction

Before, some political office holders will meat in hotel rooms and pick a candidate of their choice

Then if day breaks, 5hey will now announce to us that the party has voted the person to run for a post

Such was the type that produced Andy Uba of Anambra state where he polled over 230k votes but couldn't get up to 45k in the actual election

Direct primaries will be like normal election where registered members will queue up in a line to Vite for the choice candidate after which the Vite will be counted and a winner declared
if my senses aren't wrong, it was same direct primaries buhari used in getting his second term ticket to run for his party
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by iamdapsyj(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
Aufbauh:
Direct primary is the way to go as it afford the people the opportunity to elect people oriented leaders among them.

Party primary is the bedrock for good and quality leadership in governance.

It's a good way to go but the Speaker is playing smart by portraying that he is canvassing for the youths. He knows that the youths are still very much angry with the APC and his Godfather.....
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by techWriter3: 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
So we should saute dirt?
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by NiceMen: 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
JosephXavier:

Thank you for this explanation.

Buhari will assent it. I am sure. And it will shock a lot of APC members from South West when he does that.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by bigpicture001: 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
It's simply to bring in tinubu at the primary election
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by Validated: 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
JosephXavier:

You shot yourself on the foot. Andy Ubah was produced by your so called direct primaries conducted by Gov Abiodun of Ogun State.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by aviara: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
We know the reason you pushed for direct primaries because you feel it gives Tinubu good chance to win APC presidential ticket. Be rest assured Buhari won't sign such into law.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by adekolaelect(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
Fefomad:
Thunder faya you
Thunder faya Tinubu
Thunder faya Buhari
but you need to join them.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by arsenal33: 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kalndo:
So we should fry sand?
no, keep wailing
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by abokimallam: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
I think the political parties have registers of their members. Why don’t they want their members to participate in the choice of who fly their party flags.? Rogue and fake politicians.
I am disappointed in Gov Fayemi , a learned man, who joined the others to scuttle what well meaning Nigerians support. All the Governors who are against direct primaries are against the people, because they want to be political God-fathers as well. From USA where you copied Presidential system from, is it not direct primary they do there.
Evil spirit politicians.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by arsenal33: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2021
Validated:

You shot yourself on the foot. Andy Ubah was produced by your so called direct primaries conducted by Gov Abiodun of Ogun State.
so what is your 'solution' to direct primaries? Soludo? grin grin grin
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by adekolaelect(m): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
aviara:
We know the reason you pushed for direct primaries because you feel it gives Tinubu good chance to win APC presidential ticket. Be rest assured Buhari won't sign such into law.
shut up !!!! Democracy political candidacy is for the most popular candidate not your sentimental wishes . We are talking abt the youth having opportunities you are here mentioning Tinubu as if he is the source of your Domestic problems.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by aviara: 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
Direct Primaries can be rigged just like every election and as such is not a guarantee for transparency credibility and democracy. The law should have focused on legitimacy, transparency and integrity of the process and not limiting the options to one only.

Different parties could have peculiar scenarios where direct primaries may not be feasible. So what happens in such situation.
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by aviara: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
adekolaelect:
shut up !!!! Democracy political candidacy is for the most popular candidate not your sentimental wishes . We are talking abt the youth having opportunities you are here mentioning Tinubu as if he is the source of your Domestic problems.

Bro, why are you so aggressive? Is your name Tinubu or is Tinubu your father. Everybody knows people like Lawal the senate president and Femi Gbajabiamila are working as stooges for Tinubu. I can see exposing this fact left you in severe pains
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by aviara: 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
How do you explain the direct
Re: Why I Pushed For Direct Primaries ― Gbajabiamila by aviara: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
How do you explainthe direct primaries that produced Andy Ubah the gubernatorial candidate of APC giving him over 200k votes but he couldn't get up to 60k votes in the general election?

As much as direct primaries is good it is not enough to pass a law making it the only option. I believe those pushing for it are doing so to protect their vested interest.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Under Fresh EFCC Probe Over Forgery Allegation / 2023: North Can't Afford To Let Tinubu Down - Kashim Shettima / Plateau: Over 70 Killed In Kanam Communities’ Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.