Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? (1200 Views)

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes / Shocking Before & After Photos Of A Man After Giving His Life To Christ / Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2021
Solsix:

So u think persecution is only when there a threat to your life?? Persecution comes in various forms like sickness, lack, poverty, hard life etc. All these are aim for a christian to drop his faith in Christ.

Persecution is delivered by people but hardness and suffering are delivered by the earth.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Myzubby:
I totally disagree with you

Salvation is one of the foundational principles of our Christian faith.
There are other principle that guarantees success and prosperity

What salvation does is to give you an identity in CHRIST JESUS
And not to give you money and houses .

The application of other faith based principle s will guarantee your success and prosperity as a Christian.
Yes a Christian can be in lack or want but that does not necessarily mean that the principles for success is no longer effective
Does that also mean that it is those christians experiencing setback or difficulty in their finance didn't follow the principle for success?
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 13, 2021
You better change that mindset and stop using your mind to trap yourself in suffering.

It is written.. " I wish above all things that ye prosper and be in good health even as they soul prospereth"

So, what now makes you think Christians are object of suffering? God forbid!

You need to align yourself to his word and promises for you to begin to prosper. Your Mindset is another thing that can trap you in the wrong place forever. so, change it!
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Mercychen:
You better change that mindset and stop using your mind to trap yourself in suffering.

It is written.. " I wish above all things that ye prosper and be in good health even as they soul prospereth"

You need to align yourself to his word and promises for you to begin to prosper. Your Mindset is another thing that can trap you in the wrong place forever. so, change it!

Exactly!

That is where the problem of men reside, but they never Listen to The Lord!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mercychen:

I'm aware that God's desire for His children is to be prosperous. I do not think that christians are objected to suffering. If at all u comprehend my post. I Said why is it that, when christians(not all christians) haven't given their life to Christ then, things seems to be going fine with them but after they had given their life to Christ, things seems to be completely different. They rarely experience what they used to experience when they hadn't given their life to Christ then.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
I'm aware that God's desire for His children is to be prosperous. I do not think that christians are objected to suffering. If at all u comprehend my post. I Said why is it that, when christians(not all christians) haven't given their life to Christ then, things seems to be going fine with them but after they had given their life to Christ, things seems to be completely different. They rarely experience what they used to experience when they hadn't given their life to Christ then.

It's you who doesn't comprehend your post cos you just contradicted yourself now. First, it was "Christians" generally. now , it's "Christians" with an exception. Stay on one point for clarity. Stop confusing yourself by being all over the place.

I still maintain my stance. Christians are not object of suffering.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Why do christians suffer after giving their life to Christ? Note: When they had not known Christ then, Their lives use to be rosy. They never experienced any form of difficulty, hardship or life stress. They lived a comfortable life. But immidiately they gave their life to Christ, reverse became the case. Judges, Faculties, can we hear ur comments.

I thought you said Christians supposed to have material possessions insinuatingthe whoever is not materially rich is not Christians:

Truvelisback:
What practical way are u talking abt? I have shown u the scripture. They weren't poor, they were rich. They were rich where rich when Jesus was with them and even after His departure. Jesus, asked the disciples, Do u lack anything? They said No. Anyway, thanks for letting me know that JW members are poor.

Why the sudden change in your opinion?
Are you insinuating that there are no true Christians again?
Or you feel those in the first century differs from today's Christians since they were rich?
Are you now ready to learn?

Once again i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, if you're ready to learn i am still very much around.
May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I thought you said Christians supposed to have material possessions insinuatingthe whoever is not materially rich is not Christians:

Why the sudden change in your opinion?
Are you insinuating that there are no true Christians again?
Or you feel those in the first century differs from today's Christians since they were rich?
Are you now ready to learn?

Once again i am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, if you're ready to learn i am still very much around.
Yes, christians suppose to have material possessions but not every christian had the opportunity. And i do not say that every christian that isn't rich is not a christian as u have insinuated. There are true christians. I only kicked against ur opinion that that the rich won't enter the Kingdom of God, that it is only the poor will enter the kingdom of God.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hundredfold4lif:
BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST ARE NOT SUFFERING!
Are you sure of what you just said?
Well please explain what Paul meant in this verses:

Are they ministers of Christ? I (speak as a fool) I am more; in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and unclothedness. 2Corinthians 11:23-27

Paul never experienced any of these before he became a Christian, he lived big in fact orders people around! Act 7:58 compare to Galatians 1:14

The same happened to one Psalmist:

A Psalm of Asaph. Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. But as for me, my feet were almost gone; my steps had well nigh slipped. For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm. They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men. Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment. Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish. They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily. They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.
Psalms 73:1-9

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
Mercychen:

It's you who doesn't comprehend your post cos you just contradicted yourself now. First, it was "Christians" generally. now , it's "Christians" with an exception. Stay on one point for clarity. Stop confusing yourself by being all over the place.

I still maintain my stance. Christians are not object of suffering.
Lol, I didn't say Christians are object of suffering. I only gave an instance of some christians experience.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Yes, christians suppose to have material possessions but not every christian had the opportunity. And i do not say that every christian that isn't rich is not a christian as u have insinuated. There are true christians. I only kicked against ur opinion that that the rich won't enter the Kingdom of God, that it is only the poor will enter the kingdom of God.

Can you quote the bolded in any of my comments?

Come on, what i said:
True Christians do not pray for or cherish material things we are contented with our daily NEEDS {Matthew 6:11} not WANTS because NEEDS are just few things (FOOD, CLOTHING and SHELTER) whereas WANTS are unlimited {Psalms 23:1} so we've made our lives so simple {Matthew 6:23} but those who are eyeing material things can't truly serve God! Matthew 6:24 compare to 1Timothy 6:9-10

Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Heroicvic(m): 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Bro, Yahoo life is not the best. U can make money tru legal means.

Na you sabi how much have you made from legal, I'm not here for job please
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Heroicvic(m): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Look at the faces of your fellow yahoo-yahoos when caught, then you shall remember it was written, "A thief is Ashamed when he is caught"

He that hasteth to be rich, shall be poor and be cast into the prison.

Thanks aboki
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by hupernikao: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
Truvelisback:
So, u haven't experienced the same or something related? Many christians can relate to what i am saying, if not all christians. Mind u, i am a christian.

How many Christian have you met in the whole world for you to say many Christian?

Limit your discussion to your environment. Saying many many, means over average. Have you even met half of Christians in your state or country? Please let's speak about what we know.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by Truvelisback(m): 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
hupernikao:

How many Christian have you met in the whole world for you to say many Christian?

Limit your discussion to your environment. Saying many many, means over average. Have you even met half of Christians in your state or country? Please let's speak about what we know.
I have met met many.
Re: Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? by hupernikao: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
Truvelisback:
I have met met many.

Okay Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

According To Islam, Mohammed Failed The Cardinal Proof Of Prophethood! / Understanding Religion / How To Preach In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.