Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,980 members, 7,987,503 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 12:00 PM

Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert (48647 Views)

Plane Crash That Killed Marília Mendonça Turns 1 Year Today(photos) / Naira Marley Brought Mompha On Stage At A Concert (Video) / Future And Lori Harvey Arrive Lagos, Nigeria For A Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Tapout(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2021
FarahAideed:
A quick look at the crash site and wreckage I can tell following things :

1 .The plane lost power to both engines long before the impact.

2 . The plane had empty fuel tank at the time of the crash .

3. The crash-land was a controlled glide with the propellers properly feathered for such approach.

4. I suspect this aircraft ran out of fuel because I know it doesn't have the ability to dump fuel .

Running out of fuel? Is that even possible? I mean precautionary measures should have taken care of that. That's should be like the first thing on the check list.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by havenz(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2021
We will prepare to do things but not knowing when Mr Life is going to expire for Mr Death to occupy. Summit your life here on earth to Mighty Jesus Christ and await the end of time. R.I.P TO THE DEAD.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by TheMainMan: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2021
AuroraB:
Na only she die in this incident
May all of their souls rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by EndBuhariNow(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2021
Very soon Ajala of Duara will go same way
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by humberjade: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2021
Reminds me of Aaliyah...Just when their glories started shining, they signed out in the most cruel and torturous way. Both leaving a toddler behind. Tragic!

RIP superstar

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:10am On Nov 13, 2021
OhBritannia:
I am no Brazilian and i don't know her but i swear This just brought tears to my eyes cry cry especially the picture of her mom crying over the casket cry cry
Damm!!! You can feel the pains of the people that showed up, the pains and sadness was visible even from afar.

But if a crash didn't go up in flames, there were supposed to be survivors, i don't understand how they died.

I think a small private plane like this are supposed to have a huge airbag that can pop out automatically when the plane runs out of fuel mid Air.

Like immediately the plane runs out of gas, the chairs automatically pops up the airbag, incase there is a major crash landing on the ground.
The impact will be minimum on the passengers just like in cars but this one should be more technological advance.
I know they haven't thought of this but they can do it.

A plane crash is totally different from a car crash.

In a plane crash, you are decelerating downwards, not forwards, and at far more speed than any car can ever reach. That deceleration enough kills passengers more than impact itself.

Now, paradventure, a passenger survives deceleration, objects coming loose (luggages, metals, torn scraps) can strike and kill you as was the case of Rocky Marciano.

That is why pilots always say (during an emergency landing) to brace for impact.

As for airbags popping up when a plane develops fault, they will burst when the plane achieves deceleration. The technology may work for cars, but not for planes.

The best way to protect the head during a plane crash is to brace for impact, and this is usually for crashes that the pilot achieves certain levels of control.

A plummet or a nose dive gives the pilot minimum or absolutely no control, and everything is left to chance. In fact, everyone is dead before impact.

3 Likes

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by nokspos: 8:11am On Nov 13, 2021
the airplane looks old model , if i don't have money to buy a sophisticated plan , i'll rather take commercials , though you can't predict your own death, but you can be careful with somethings
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Krismas(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2021
NairalandMD:

exactly my thought, the pilot really tried but nah impact shock go kill em (heart attack)... coz the plane noh really crash like that nah
shocked The apple has in recent times served as a symbol of suicide. Many noted celebrities have taken their lives before now by injecting cyanid into apple and taking just a bite. Steve Jobs gave the name Apple to his iPhone business, inspired by the apple Eve took from the serpent in the garden of Eden

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by masui(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2021
See her dress sense, so modest. This is the type of role model I admire so much.

May their souls RIP.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by humberjade: 8:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Tapout:

Running out of fuel? Is that even possible? I mean precautionary measures should have taken care of that. That's should be like the first thing on the check list.

It could be as a result of a fuel leak. But two things are almost certain; the plane lost both its engines and there was little or no fuel left in it at impact.

And again, although all lives on board were lost, the pilot did a heck of a job to keep the plane in almost one piece. They definitely died from internal injuries as their bodies were being thrown here and there. May God not let me see a reason to fly all these little toy-like planes.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by seyz91(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2021
parachute to fly out?

you think say na in movies abi undecided
tellwisdom:
So no parachute to fly out? Or their mind went blank hearing the plane was misbehaving??
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by seyz91(m): 8:18am On Nov 13, 2021
na 10k you lost,

people lost their lives on this same thread you commented on undecided
wallay77:
My 10k loss this night...nawa ooo
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2021
R.I.P

They go show you, how to wear seat belt tire. Exist lane and where you live jacket dey. All that because he never happen, when he happen you no go hear all that again.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Krismas(m): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

In a plane crash, you are decelerating downwards, not forwards, and at far more speed than any car can ever reach. That deceleration enough kills passengers more than impact itself.

Now, paradventure, a passenger survives deceleration, objects coming loose (luggages, metals, torn scraps) can strike and kill you as was the case of Rocky Marciano.

That is why pilots always say (during an emergency landing) to brace for impact.

As for airbags popping up when a plane develops fault, they will burst when the plane achieves deceleration. The technology may work for cars, but not for planes.

The best way to protect the head during a plane crash is to brace for impact, and this is usually for crashes that the pilot achieves certain levels of control.

A plummet or a nose dive gives the pilot minimum or absolutely no control, and everything is left to chance. In fact, everyone is dead before impact.
shocked Rocky Marciano shocked
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by jaxxy(m): 8:35am On Nov 13, 2021
FarahAideed:

Yes he really put the plane down well despite tupsy turvy environment...The entire wreckage intact in one spot.. Na shock definitely kill dem

Shouldn’t these planes have airbags for shock impacts?? undecided
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Krismas:
shocked Rocky Marciano shocked

Yes, Rocky Marciano.

Why are you shocked
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by tundeTAO(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2021
RIP to her.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by FarahAideed: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

No be only crash-land.

That is not a crash-land?

Why will the pilot crash-land on such hostile grounds?

That plane fell. Deceleration force must have killed everyone.

It's clear the aircraft ran into some trouble during flight ,.he didn't completely stall at anytime if not the wreck wouldn't looks like that ...from the picture I can see he was even using is elevators to adjust his pitch before the crash-land
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by FarahAideed: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2021
Tapout:

Happens a lot , little mis calc in your fueling Maths can do this
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Julianaa: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2021
Rip
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by tundeTAO(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2021
Please I need urgent help.

You may be the one God will use to save my life, please read my thread.

My Thread Link: https://www.nairaland.com/6847602/car-accident-rendered-me-useless
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2021
FarahAideed:

It's clear the aircraft ran into some trouble during flight ,.he didn't completely stall at anytime if not the wreck wouldn't looks like that ...from the picture I can see he was even using is elevators to adjust his pitch before the crash-land

It bellied. That is why it is intact.

It probably struck something, and bellied.

That is far from a crash land.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Bimpe29: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2021
She never knew that would be her last upload. Such is it with death, it comes unannounced.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by FarahAideed: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2021
jaxxy:

Shouldn’t these planes have airbags for shock impacts?? undecided

Not saying it's not possible many factors make this hard to make this a reality .

1 . aircraft makes are always saving up on any extra weight and probably adding many airbag to an aircraft would mean more weight.

2 : The sheer explosive force mechanism airbags depend on to work would be too dangerous having in a pressurized cabin as they might pose more problems during a crash than solution.

3. 99 percent of air crashes would come in too hard and potential of a fire happening ..I don't know what kind of gas those airbag cannisters carry and if they are fire retardant in the first place
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by milann: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

That plane fell.

Deceleration in planes is nothing any human body can survive. It knocks everyone unconscious, snaps the spinal cord, and everyone is dead even before the plane eventually crashes to the ground or rocks (as is the case of this one).

is there a way they can use parachute to avoid death in plane crash as seen in Air Force one?
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You mean to type descending not deceleration.

Cos I don't see how you'll use deceleration and fast in same sentence.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by frowland(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2021
Kirkman:

This kind crash suppose get survivors nah! The plane didn't mothball into flames. The wreckage is still intact. May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace. Amen.
If they were lying down flat they might have survived. If they were seated and such crash happened, there is only one thing, crushed spinal cords and punctured lungs, death within minutes.
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by FarahAideed: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

It bellied. That is why it is intact.

It probably struck something, and bellied.

That is far from a crash land.

If it struck something uncontrollably the wreck won't look like that ... The props were completely not powered before the crash beacuse if they were I would see their shatter marks on the fuselage ...the second thing to note is the that the elevator position show the pilot was still using them before the crash and with the engines completely outs the only way that could happen is that he had feathered the propellers to allow the airflow rotate them..doing this will increase is glide and as well provide little power for some minimal flight controls
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Krismas(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Yes, Rocky Marciano.

Why are you shocked
grin Its all a make up. Open ur eyes, not shock. The Brazilian singer committed suicide. Insist for an autopsy b4 concluding
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2021
kokanepyramid:

You mean to type descending not deceleration.

Cos I don't see how you'll use deceleration and fast in same sentence.

In mathematics, a decrease in speed is different from the rate of decrease in speed
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:09am On Nov 13, 2021
Krismas:
grin Its all a make up. Open ur eyes, not shock. The Brazilian singer committed suicide. Insist for an autopsy b4 concluding

I don't understand.

We are discussing a plane crash here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Shows The Valentine Gifts She Received From Unknown Person (video) / Emma Ehumadu Carrying Regina Daniels In Throwback Photo / MC Morris Plans To Relocate To Nigeria Due To High Cost Of Living In Canada

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.