Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,571 members, 7,978,889 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? (425 Views)

Why It's Very Important To Be Righteous/Holy (slavery Related) / It Is Ignorant To Expect Poor People To Be Righteous / Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Utanisco(m): 6:27am On Nov 14, 2021
Happy sunday all
Please i want to know why is hard to be righteous.i have tried over time to just be on that lane before God but is very hard
God knows my mind and my plans
for over 17years since i chose to be born again,i have been struggling to stay focus with God and serve him properly but i backslide over and over again infact it has gotten to a point where there is no zeal again to go to church.i am very tired of everything in life because i feel so empty staying away from God

he is my fortress
my redeemer

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Nukilia: 6:35am On Nov 14, 2021
Rely on the righteousness of Christ for your righteousness is like a filthy rag
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Areola14(m): 6:37am On Nov 14, 2021
No man is totally righteous before God! But there are principle you must follow... Don't kill, don't worship another God, don't take another Man's wife, don't testify false against another man. Follow all the command by Moses.... Those are principle and others, when you find yourself in it, ask for forgiveness.... No man is perfect.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by chiommy123(f): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2021
Because satan is not happy that you want to live for God so he's making everything possible to make You to continue sinning against God
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Kobojunkie: 6:47am On Nov 14, 2021
Utanisco:
Happy sunday all
Please i want to know why is hard to be righteous.i have tried over time to just be on that lane before God but is very hard
for over 17years since i chose to be born again,i have been struggling to stay focus with God and serve him properly but i backslide over and over again infact it has gotten to a point where there is no zeal again to go to church.i am very tired of everything in life because i feel so empty staying away from God
Right off the bat, i will say it is likely because you submit to the doctrines and traditions of men, lies, confusing that for the Truth of God. No one can do God's Will by submitting to that which is against God. You have to go back to the 4 Gospels, unlearn all that you have ever been taught by men about Jesus Christ , so you can start anew on a clean slate, learning the details and conditions of the One who is the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

First of all, have you been saved, not according to the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) but in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ. You can't approach God's righteousness without first proving yourself worthy of Jesus Christ, this through continual submission to and obedience of His teachings and commandments.

Second, when you eventually become a holy/Perfect vessels for the Holy Spirit to live inside of, it is He who then leads you to doing works of righteousness, even as Jesus Christ Himself did and more. undecided

It took the disciples approximately 4 years of walking in obedience of Jesus Christ to finally reach Holiness on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit then descended on then and began leading them to doing righteous works. It is not by might that this work can be done but by the Spirit of God leading those who are worthy vessels. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by chatinent: 6:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Sin, bro. We inherited sin... it's the toughest inheritance.

Let's keep up the perseverance. God isn't expecting us to give more than what we can...he knows we are imperfect.

It's beautiful we recognise we are full-time sinners but we are trying to do what's right. A whole lot of people only respect God by putting the uppercase “G” to the title “God.”
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Ammishaddai: 6:49am On Nov 14, 2021
You don't thirst for righteousness so you'll never be able to find it .
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by helinues: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2021
Cos righteousness is just an imaginary word.

It's not feasible
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:57am On Nov 14, 2021
Utanisco:
Happy sunday all

he is my fortress
my redeemer
Jesus said 'the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing."

The flesh is weak because it's inclined to sin and the things of this world, but the spirit is willing because it's inclined to righteousness and the things of God.

So earnestly ask God who is the source of your spirit to help you to achieve what you desire, and I believe He would, because He's the One that helped me to achieve things I couldn't achieve on my own.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by AntiChristian: 7:16am On Nov 14, 2021
Hell is filled with unrighteousness and Filth! Such as interest consumers, gamblers, alcoholics, liars, cheaters, fornicators, killers, nude dressers, music lovers, LGBTQIA, etc
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by illicit(m): 7:30am On Nov 14, 2021
Because there's nothing like that
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Opeyemiextra(f): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2021
It's not difficult to live a righteous life if we allow God to help.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by indadi(m): 9:37am On Nov 14, 2021
Because there is nothing like righteousness
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Utanisco:
Happy sunday all

he is my fortress
my redeemer

Because you are Truly a Son of Unrighteousness!

Remember, Evil Tree, evil fruit; Unrighteous Tree, Unrighteous fruit.

That is The Law!

Satan is the father of 98% of the world's population. Adams children Abel, Seth, are few and Sons of Satan Always kill them.

WHICH IS WHY YOU REQUIRE GOD'S ADOPTION (IF YOU WANT). ccHardmirror.

Else, you are Satan's legitimate child.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
Areola14:
No man is totally righteous before God! But there are principle you must follow... Don't kill, don't worship another God, don't take another Man's wife, don't testify false against another man. Follow all the command by Moses.... Those are principle and others, when you find yourself in it, ask for forgiveness.... No man is perfect.

You forget the Adoption! God's Adoption which Lawyer Paul drew your attention to.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Be Righteous? by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
Areola14:
None of that is true. According to God's Law, those who are righteous are , and those who are not, aren't. It isn't up to men to decide as God is the one who confirms the title on whomever is worthy of it, this through continual submission to and obedience of His Law and Truth. undecided

And God's Law, Jesus Christ, is not the moral Law of Moses which is Law fit for a Kingdom that is of this world, Canaan. Instead Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant, a higher standard and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ladies And Gentlemen Listen To This Woman / The Fruit Of The Spirit: Self-control / TB Joshua's Disciples Share 250 Bags Of Rice, N1.5M To The Disabled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.