Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,955 members, 7,946,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:16 PM

What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! (1210 Views)

When Our Eternal Destiny Will Be Decided... / Our Eternal Home / 5 Signs Your Destiny (ori) Has Been Stolen Or Snatched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
The holy spirit is the spirit of truth!
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
BornofGod108:
The holy spirit is the spirit of truth!
Are you saying then that Jesus Christ is a liar since His statement is that the Spirit of Truth takes from Him to give to us and is not the same Spirit as the Spirit of God - John 14 vs 15 - 22 and John 16 vs 8 - 15? . undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
BornofGod108:
kobokunkie
1. i rememer that in my post i said that an unbeliever does not have part in Jesus promise of the holy spirit.

2.the ministry of the holy spirit on earth will end at the rapture! he will carry those that were ready with him to meet Jesus in the air. that does not mean he will cease from existence, he is eternal and he is God, same with the father and the son Jesus.

3. the reason why the devil has not yet manifest fully is because of holy spirit, when the holy spirit leaves the earth, satan will manifest fully.
1. Sure

2. Where did Jesus Christ teach you this? undecided

3. I am afraid you are not here speaking anything that Jesus in fact taught. undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 10:00am On Nov 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Sure

3. I am afraid you are not here speaking anything that Jesus in fact taught. undecided

Rom 8:11 and 1thess 4:16-18 confirms that!. the holy spirit will quicken the saint both the death ones and those alive to hear the trumpet of God
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Sure

2 thess 2:6-8 reavels that the holy spirit is the one restraining the antichrist (the reign of satan) from manifesting fully, he shall continue to restrain them till he disappears with the saint from the earth!
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
BornofGod108:
Rom 8:11 and 1thess 4:16-18 confirms that!. the holy spirit will quicken the saint both the death ones and those alive to hear the trumpet of God
First, Paul wrote those letters and so it is Paul stating his belief and not Jesus Christ.

Second, none of the verses say what you claim at all. Instead, Paul asserts that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus Christ from the dead, and will also raised those he calls the saints from the dead. Nothing in the verses suggests the Holy Spirit being the party to for carry those that were ready with him to meet Jesus in the air. undecided

The second passage from Thessalonians also does not back up the claims made by Paul in the first verse as it does not suggests the Holy Spirit being responsible for the dead hearing the trumpet call nor the raising of the dead. undecided

■Jesus Christ said that His sheep hear His voice and they will be raised - come out of their graves - to judgement when He returns - John 5 vs 19 - 29. Jesus is, after all, the Spirit of Life(eternal) and we partake of that Life when we eat and drink of His body and blood. undecided

He also taught of this in the parable of the 10 brides where the brides were raised from sleep by the announcement that the bridegroom had arrived - No mention of Holy Spirit- Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 undecided

■In the Parable or wheat and tares, in Matthew 13 vs 24 - 30, Jesus Christ tells us a story of how the master will command His workers to gather the weeds /goats and then the wheat\sheep separately for judgement - the parable told in that passage parallels that told in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 and if you notice in both, Jesus Christ never mentions the Holy Spirit as a worker of His nor by name. undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
BornofGod108:
2 thess 2:6-8 reavels that the holy spirit is the one restraining the antichrist (the reign of satan) from manifesting fully, he shall continue to restrain them till he disappears with the saint from the earth!
You claim the Holy Spirit is the one restraining the one you call the antiChrist, but honestly, nothing in the verses say anything of the such. undecided

And there is no mention even here of the Holy Spirit disappearing from the earth with those you call saints. undecided

Again, a careful reading of Jesus Christ's teaching of what is to take place when He comes to raise the saints reveals that both the sheep and goats will face judgment - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 - at His hands when He returns, not at separate points in times but at the same time. undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You claim the Holy Spirit is the one restraining the one you call the antiChrist, but honestly, nothing in the verses say anything of the such. undecided

And there is no mention even here of the Holy Spirit disappearing from the earth with those you call saints. undecided

Again, a careful reading of Jesus Christ's teaching of what is to take place when He comes to raise the saints reveals that both the sheep and goats will face judgment - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 - at His hands when He returns, not at separate points in times but at the same time. undecided

The sinners and the righteous shall not resurrect at the same time! Rev :20:1-6, 7-15
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Eph :4:30 confirms that the believer's are sealed with the holy spirit till the day Jesus will appear to pick them!
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
BornofGod108:

The sinners and the righteous shall not resurrect at the same time! Rev :20:1-6, 7-15
Should we take that to mean that Jesus Christ lied to us in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 Then? undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
BornofGod108:

Eph :4:30 confirms that the believer's are sealed with the holy spirit till the day Jesus will appear to pick them!
Well, God did say in Ezekiel 36 vs 27 that He will install His own Spirit in us to cause us to carefully obey His commandments, this after we have submitted to His process, but that's besides the question here. undecided

.what you claimed is in no way supported by the scripture you posted, neither this. undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Should we take that to mean that Jesus Christ lied to us in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 Then? undecided

you don't understand that scripture! but this man will help you
"The doctrine of first and second resurrection by pst paul Rika"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZB4jpcqNRs
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
BornofGod108:
you don't understand that scripture! but this man will help you
Explain to me the part of what Jesus Christ taught there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 that leads you to believe there will be a first and second resurrection for you? undecided

Jesus Christ used several parables - Parable of 10 bride in Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 and Parable of Wheat and Weeds in Matthew 13, to teach us of His return and judgement , so you tell me how it is hoi claim my understanding of what Jesus Christ in all these instances is off. undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie po

Those parables were employed by Jesus to communicate a message to his audience.
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
BornofGod108:
Those parables were employed by Jesus to communicate a message to his audience. he used it i
That much is clear. undecided

So....Explain to me the part of what Jesus Christ taught there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 that leads you to believe there will be a first and second resurrection for you? undecided

Jesus Christ used several parables - Parable of 10 bride in Matthew 25 vs 1 - 13 and Parable of Wheat and Weeds in Matthew 13, to teach us of His return and judgement , so you tell me how it is hoi claim my understanding of what Jesus Christ in all these instances is off. undecided
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by BornofGod108(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That much is clear. undecided

So....Explain to me the part of what Jesus Christ taught there in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 5 vs 19 - 29 that leads you to believe there will be a first and second resurrection for you? undecided

Jesus used it to create a mental picture, it does not convey a direct meaning, but an implied one. a diligent reader will understand the implied meaning or seeks after it. those who consider a parable in its direct meaning miss out the true meaning! but please try and listen to that pastor and see if you wil argue with me again on this matter
Re: What Are We Thinking About Our Eternal Destiny! by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
BornofGod108:
Jesus used it to create a mental picture, it does not convey a direct meaning, but an implied one. a diligent reader will understand the implied meaning or seeks after it. those who consider a parable in its direct meaning miss out the true meaning! but please try and listen to that pastor and see if you wil argue with me again on this matter
The question isn't what Jesus Christ used parables for, so try to pay attention. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Introduced The Law To Reveal How Lifeless Humans Are. / Why Do Christian Men Uncover Their Head During Prayer. / The Opium Of The FAKE Second Coming Scam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.