Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:56 PM

I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All (694 Views)

Why Do I Always Feel My Throat Smells? / I Always Go "Raw" With Multiple Partners Until STI Taught Me A Hard Lesson / Girl With Severe Bow Legs Can't Wait To Dance After Undergoing Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Sirsesan: 11:30am On Nov 15, 2021
I have this unknown medical condition for the past 9 years. It deplete my muscle strength and gives me fatigue after meal. Fatigue that takes hours to dissipate. A slight fatigue sensation still remain with me all day. it is just most severe after meal. I left hand sometimes becomes heavy, like blood not flowing through it when sleeping in the night. I have gone through several medical test and procedures, it has been called several hypothetical names. I started going to the gym since last year and my muscle strength has returned but the fatigue after meal remains. Any advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by psucc(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2021
Have you been tested for sugar? It might be the culprit.

Just walk into any clinic and do FBS. Whatever the result, let's start from there.
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sirsesan:
I have this unknown medical condition for the past 9 years. It deplete my muscle strength and gives me fatigue after meal. Fatigue that takes hours to dissipate. A slight fatigue sensation still remain with me all day. it is just most severe after meal. I left hand sometimes becomes heavy, like blood not flowing through it when sleeping in the night. I have gone through several medical test and procedures, it has been called several hypothetical names. I started going to the gym since last year and my muscle strength has returned but the fatigue after meal remains. Any advise will be highly appreciated.
Most likely excess carbohydrates associated with most Nigerian meanls...just be religious with gym visits, would reverse with time as you build muscle mass, just my viewpoint!
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Sirsesan: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=psucc post=107638594]Have you been tested for sugar? It might be the culprit.

Just walk into any clinic and do FBS. Whatever the result, let's start from there.

[I have done that several times. Find attached the most recent test. Sugar is part of it]

Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by psucc(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=Sirsesan post=107640200][/quote] just gone through. The sugar level is optimal. Hmmm. I don't know what else to advise.

But in all, tell God, he has an answer to the problem.
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by muheeb01(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
You can deworm or find better herbs to flush your system and be healthy

1 Like

Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Sirsesan: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=psucc post=107645814] just gone through. The sugar level is optimal. Hmmm. I don't know what else to advise.

But in all, tell God, he has an answer to the problem.

1 Like

Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Mariangeles(f): 11:25am On Nov 16, 2021
Do you take black tea or coffee?
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Sterope(f): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Probably too much carb. Reduce carb intake, add protein and fibre to your meals.
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Healthyway15: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2021
Sirsesan:

In most cases, a dip in energy levels after eating is a natural biological response. A little bit of sluggishness/sleepiness after eating is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

However, if this is getting in the way of your daily activities or affecting your quality of life, then the overwhelming tiredness after eating could be a sign of an underlying medical condition such as diabetes. Or abnormal body mechanism (a slight shift in blood flow away from the brain to the digestive organs, especially when eating).

Another one; the quantity of food you eat is another major factor in how you feel after a meal. Large meals rich in protein and carbohydrates are most likely to make people feel tired or sleepy.

You should practice the following lifestyle habit :
Try to reduce the portion size of your meals, and eat four or five smaller meals per day instead of three large meals per day. This allows your body to digest a manageable amount of food, every so often, throughout the day.
Drink more water and unsweetened beverages before and during meals. This will increase your rate of digestion while helping to fill you up, so you eat smaller portions.
After you eat, exercise at a moderate intensity for about 30 minutes.

Are you sure you usually have quality night sleep?

For consultation, feel free to check my signature
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Sirsesan: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
[quote author=Healthyway15 post=107669403]

In most cases, a dip in energy levels after eating is a natural biological response. A little bit of sluggishness/sleepiness after eating is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

However, if this is getting in the way of your daily activities or affecting your quality of life, then the overwhelming tiredness after eating could be a sign of an underlying medical condition such as diabetes. Or abnormal body mechanism (a slight shift in blood flow away from the brain to the digestive organs, especially when eating).

Another one; the quantity of food you eat is another major factor in how you feel after a meal. Large meals rich in protein and carbohydrates are most likely to make people feel tired or sleepy.

You should practice the following lifestyle habit :
Try to reduce the portion size of your meals, and eat four or five smaller meals per day instead of three large meals per day. This allows your body to digest a manageable amount of food, every so often, throughout the day.
Drink more water and unsweetened beverages before and during meals. This will increase your rate of digestion while helping to fill you up, so you eat smaller portions.
After you eat, exercise at a moderate intensity for about 30 minutes.

Are you sure you usually have quality night sleep?

[I must first say thanks very much for this life saving advice, God bless.
I do sleep well at night or any other time. My left hand (being a lefty) do sleep off at night; like blood is no more flowing through. The hand will be heavy like wood; since i started exercise, that has gone. Those sensations even before i started gymming don't disturb my sleep at night. Fatigue sensations, i feel it all the time but much more worse after a meal. The peak is after meal, It dissipate slowly again
This thing destroy the muscles on my left thigh that i hardly can stand for 30 seconds. I recover my leg after one year exercise and ability to sit for a long time.
I will use this advice, God bless. ]

1 Like

Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Healthyway15: 12:03am On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=Sirsesan post=107673342][/quote]

You're welcome... Good Health has no replacement!
Re: I Always Feel Severe Fatique After Meal. Any Meal At All by Curiouscity(m): 12:29am On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=Sirsesan post=107640200][/quote]

First of all, please take down your medical results from here. Or at least blur out personal information.

Secondly, though you have normal fasting blood sugar level, your case may be insulin insensitivity. Please go for glucose tolerance test.
It tests how your blood responds to carbohydrates/sugar. It could be the rapid rise in blood sugar that causes the fatigue.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell My Kidney In Need Of Money Urgent / Help My Mum Regain Her Memorry Please ? / Please Help! I Am Dying. I Just Contacted Gonorrhoea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.