Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,823 members, 7,898,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:00 AM

Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script (3799 Views)

Free Article Site List Builder Software / Site Admin Needed / Locked Out Of My Site Admin, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script by egift(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
I urgently need help on how I can recover access to the admin section of my article directory script. Its powered by ArticleBeach Article Directory Script.

The regular admin username and password no longer cut it. (It may have been hacked). But since I still have the cpanel and Database access, is there how I can modify the admin login.

Please treat as urgent. I appreciate every single help on this. I do not want to loose the content and ranking I already have.
Re: Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script by DualCore1: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
Locate the admin password field in your database and modify its content

modify it to

2c36405fd6cf9fc51af24558c41ff380

locate the admin username field and modify it to "admin".

Save it and go and login with username "admin" and "babes" as password.

This is assuming the password was hashed with MD5 and not salted. If its salted you go need find the salt for the script.
Do remember to change your password on successful login.
Re: Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script by egift(m): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
Dual Core:

Locate the admin password field in your database and modify its content

modify it to

2c36405fd6cf9fc51af24558c41ff380

locate the admin username field and modify it to "admin".

Save it and go and login with username "admin" and "babes" as password.

This is assuming the password was hashed with MD5 and not salted. If its salted you go need find the salt for the script.
Do remember to change your password on successful login.

Thanks for helping out. This question is rather dumb, but how do I find "username field"? Cos I have been ransacking the PhpMyAdmin section and can't find it. Is there a search term I could query.
Re: Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script by Slyr0x: 1:20am On Jun 08, 2011
Go to your PhpMyAdmin and click on the table name holding your admin details. .

Once you do that, you'll have this [image 1]

Then click on the edit and do as Dual Core said. . [image 2]

If the pwd is plain-text i.e. password1234, then change it successfully. .But if hashed, in this case Md5, use http://www.md5encrypter.com/ to hash your password, change and click on "Go".

And if you still need help recovering your website, contact us support@phynxlabs.com.

Re: Urgent: Help Recover My Article Site Admin's - Articlebeach Script by egift(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
Thank you Slyr0x and big thanks to Dual Core for the extra hands. It was great help. grin

(1) (Reply)

Design This UI And Earn 10k / Pop Up Window Script That Is Multi Browser Supported? / 6 SEO Link Building Strategies For Bloggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.