Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,280 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:45 AM

Help From Above - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help From Above (140 Views)

30 Prayer Points For Help From Above. / Apostle Suleman Arrives New Jersey For "Help From Above" (Photos) / Apostle Suleman's Designer Shoes In Dubai For 'Help From Above Programme' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help From Above by kpakpandoN(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2021
When there was a famine in Samaria, two women conspired to take turns to kill their children for food. After they ate the child of the first woman, the other refused to surrender her own son for food. The first woman cried to the king for help but he replied, according to 2 kings 6:27 “….If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?”

The Psalmist is right in saying that his help comes from the Creator of heaven and earth, according to Psalm 121:2. Genuine help can only come from above. The Lord said in Psalm 50:15 “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”

Many people however, trust other humans, to their disappointment. The Bible discourages us from putting our trust in men. Jeremiah 17:5 says “…..Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.” Whereas verse 7 of the same chapter says “Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.”

Many years ago, someone heard that I was building a house and volunteered to supply blocks since he was a block manufacturer, offering to let me pay at my convenience. The moment this man realized I was roofing the house, he began to pester me to pay for the blocks he had supplied, in spite of our agreement that I could pay at my convenience. I reminded him that he was the one who offered that I could pay at my convenience but he insisted that I have to pay immediately. I cried to God for help with a promise that I would never make such a mistake again and He recued me. Beloved, I prophesy to your life that the help which would not expose you to ridicule afterwards will come your way this season, in Jesus’ name.

You must however put your trust in the Lord; you must choose not to have a ‘Plan B’ to your Present Help- the Almighty God. More importantly, you must surrender your life totally to Jesus Christ and abstain from all appearance of evil according to 1 Thessalonians 5:22.

The Lord will send you help from above, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Shall Not / Check Out This Great Prayer Request Form / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 17.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.