Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,133 members, 7,907,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:09 AM

My Former HR Is Disturbing Me - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Former HR Is Disturbing Me (31320 Views)

What Do You Do When HR Is Unprofessional? / Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages / Man Electrocuted In Akure While Working On A Pole (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Premiumwriter2: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
princesavo:

Message me bro
Whatsapp
done sir smiley
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by bibiking7(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2021

If you have a lawyer friend, have him or her call the HR guy. I am sure that He will apologize. The HR person just wants to make money from you.

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by fujirice: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:
I created a thread sometimes ago about a recall from my former place of work, a bigger firm in the same industry with better pay. I thereafter left the company i was working with then though with a short notice and i forfeited almost half month salary and the little savings i had with them.
I was not confirmed as the time i left so i felt i'm safe but to my surprise the HR was calling me that i should not forget the balance i have to pay them in lieu of notice, this is so frustrating and the last time he called i had to shout on him to stop disturbing me. I tried to get across to few friends in the company and they confirmed that HR is just doing his own bidding as the MD is more preoccupied with more important issues than my case. Please is there any danger in this, note they are aware in my current organization how i left the company. Do i need to be worried for anything.

Thanks.

It is always good to have an exit strategy wherever you are working no matter the treatment you get there. It is only proper to leave on a good note.
Meanwhile, as far you no don’t have any company properties in your possession, I suggest you take a trip there and iron things out with the HR department. Believe me, if you don’t, the paperwork will come to hunt you one day.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by fujirice: 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:

NO BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED HERE. I WAS RECALLED BY MY FORMER EMPLOYER I DID NOT GO TO A NEW ORGANISATION

But why are you shouting na?
No be you carry the matter come Nairaland.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by joefelin2345: 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
UTILITYMAY:
Please just focus on your current work and forget about their threats. If they were the one to sack you, they won't give you notice and nothing will happen. They won't even care of the inconvenience(s) a loss of job would cause you. Now they are on the receiving end and they are threatening you. My man please focus and grow at your new place of work jare!

My comment is based on the information you provided. If you are sure you don't have any of their property with you and you did not steal. Then no cause for alarm. You have already forfeited half month salary and some savings, what then do they want?
This is how you people misadvised people to their detriment. Just comply with the terms & conditions guiding your previous employment bc the new Coy might treat you shabbily when disengaging you once it is thru with you as you may be seen as an irresponsible fellow. Remember that rain can beat a person to enter a house twice. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by overlord77: 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:

NO BACKGROUND CHECK IS NEEDED HERE. I WAS RECALLED BY MY FORMER EMPLOYER I DID NOT GO TO A NEW ORGANISATION

Be calming down while replying to peoples comment. You brought the matter here so expect varying comments. Typing in all CAPS symbolizes shouting.

Doesn't matter whether your former company recalled you or not, it's a very small world and you may never know when a reference from that company may be required. Go meet with the HR to understand his POV. If after the meeting, he's able to convince you of the debt, then work out a repayment plan suitable with you, he can't force you to repay at once. Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by overlord77: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
joefelin2345:
This is how you people misadvised people to their detriment. Just comply with the terms & conditions guiding your previous employment bc the new Coy might treat you shabbily when disengaging you once it is thru with you as you may be seen as an irresponsible fellow. Remember that rain can beat a person to enter a house twice. Good luck.

We have kids behind keyboards and keypads that know nothing about the corporate world, that's why he'd give that silly advise.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Am here to read comment
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by alizma: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

...because they know most employees don't have the financial resources to go to court in most cases. Let them go to court if it worth it. But I am sure they won't because it does not worth it based on OP's story.
When you work with wicked people, they don't drag you because the case worth it, they do that just to frustrate you and prove to you that they are more than you.
Do what is necessary to avoid them. When you are dressed in white, you don't move away from someone who is carrying red oil because you on his/her lane while you are on the wrong lane, you do that to protect your dress.
Wisdom they say is profitable......

1 Like

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by rigarmortis: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
Be careful, and beware of character assassination during background check with the HR. Except you dont intend to use them as reference.

for the main time, be resepctful, write them an email or letter indicating that you intend to payment and your mode of repayment and how you intend to stretch it.

very important you document that.

if its an email, send to HR and copy the head of HR, if its letter make it is stamped.

very important bro

good luck
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Psalmistproject: 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

With this, you are save.....albeit! 

Y be say u no like more dan wahala 24/7!
Don't you have better things to do with your borrowed airtime other than greeting someone for another person?
u just wan chook mouth for what is none of ur business.
If u av something going for u or something to keep u occupy, u won't turn to an internet greeter, (looking for whom to greet 24/7) grin
You better use your time in life well before it is too late. My advice for you Mr greeter of life cool.
Dem unknown trolls.

Haba! The guy was only being sarcastic and also sympathetic to harassment the hr is dishing on him.
This your comment against his lacks courtesy and it's toxic make una no go buy trouble while trying to solve a simple chit chat.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by pek(m): 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:
I created a thread sometimes sometime ago about a recall from my former place of work, a bigger firm in the

Thanks.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by mukthar2000(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2021
Becoz u did not resigned properly and abandoned the work ,u would have to pay them or a month notice, but in this case now pay them the one month and let them too give u all ur own entitlement as well
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by litaninja(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
What were the terms of your contract?
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by sammytovic(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
alizma:

Consult your employment letter.
Let's assume the following
1) Your employment letter says you have to give one month salary failure to give 1month notice or it's equivalent, or an amount equal to your one month salary.
2) your one month salary is 100k but as at the time you resigned you didn't give one month notice and you had worked for 15days which you were not paid, pro you are owing the company 50k in the eyes of the law.
However if there is a loophole in which case, the letter says your one month salary will not be paid, by implication, you are free because it's only when you have one month salary with them that they can hold on to it.
Once there is a statement in the letter that shows that the money that should be taken for insufficient notice should be money that would have been paid to you, that means it is limited to what you have with them.
Bro please kindly help with this question, if for an example I'm placed on 6 months probation in an offer letter, and I have completed the 6 months. If I want to leave do I still need to write a month notice. Though in the offer letter says that within the probation period, I can terminate the contract by giving one month notice or pay one month salary in lieu.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
By HR, I assume you mean Human Resources, which is only a name given to the department and never an individual. If you were saying HR department, or HR Director or HR Manager etc. it would make more sense.
Your best action is to ignore the phone call or block the phone numbers being used to call you, also inform the MD of your current job of the situation, in case they try demonising you to your employer.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by treatise: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:

NO.

To back to your letter of appointment, check the mode/method/condition of termination of appointment ; it should be clearly spelt out: "one month pay in lieu of notice" ought to be indicated for both parties.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Tapout(m): 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:
I created a thread sometimes ago about a recall from my former place of work, a bigger firm in the same industry with better pay. I thereafter left the company i was working with then though with a short notice and i forfeited almost half month salary and the little savings i had with them.
I was not confirmed as the time i left so i felt i'm safe but to my surprise the HR was calling me that i should not forget the balance i have to pay them in lieu of notice, this is so frustrating and the last time he called i had to shout on him to stop disturbing me. I tried to get across to few friends in the company and they confirmed that HR is just doing his own bidding as the MD is more preoccupied with more important issues than my case. Please is there any danger in this, note they are aware in my current organization how i left the company. Do i need to be worried for anything.

Thanks.

I always tell people, Regardless of your motive behind your resignation, try as much as possible to leave without creating enemies or burning bridges.
I'll advise you to go and clear whatever outstanding you have with your previous workplace. Most companies carry out previous employment background check for new employees and guess what? Na Hr dem go send am give. In some cases, a comment from your direct Boss (most likely your line manager) and the MD of the company will be needed too.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by chloride6: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
Look for that money and pay if you a reference from them..

That's all I'll say..
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Powersurge: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:

Thanks.
Did you breach any agreements in terms of resignation? Are you still owing them money? If not, talk to a lawyer let the lawyer forward a letter to the company concerning the harassments.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Hkff: 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Oh
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by shaq32: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:

Most companies state if you leave before your confirmation or without notice you are to pay either two weeks or one month of your salary depending on what your letter states. If it is one month and you have forfeited two weeks already you are to pay up the remaining two weeks in lieu of notice. Kindly check your letter well so as not to fall victim because claiming ignorance later on when it is stated in your employment letter will not help for future references. Worked in HR before and this little issue has made people lose subsequent jobs they got after they left without tidying up where they are coming from. Kindly check and don't sweep under the carpet.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by govetin: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
It will be better you pay them the balance because your present company will do background checks, if found wanting you will be dropped.
Besides, your former company can take you to Court, possibly the cash might increase.
Find solution around it, my friends are victims of this bro hahaha

ayomilore:

Thanks.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by solonubinho(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
You're either supposed to give 1 month notice or 1 month salary in the place of notice. Not half, not quarter. That's the law, be a responsible person. You can refer him to collect the savings if its going to be sufficient.

1 Like

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Aguodo(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:

Thanks.
Usually the first right thing to do is to request you end of service statement. In there you will see how the debt (if any) was derived.
There is no need to quarrel about it because most hr policies especially in Nigeria stipulate that you give one month notice or forfeit one month salary in lieu, so if you didn't do that I am afraid you will have to pay the debt. I am very much aware that you did not read the terms of service line by line, so when the chips are down they will cull it up for you.
So my dear get whatever it is and design a way to pay. I can tell you for free that you must surely pay if that establishment is well 'grounded'. Remember this era of bvn, there is right of set-off which the financial institutions are mandated to heed on debtors without recourse. If you are reported in the future, any of your bank Accounts with funds could be debted and it might also come with interest. And you enter into the bad books of CBN which can possibly affect your credit rating in the thefuture. I mean you never can tell what future holds for you. Just save yourself all the stress and do the needful even if you think you might look stupid. I dey tell you from experience.
Thank you.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by myked(m): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by don4real18(m): 9:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
GboyegaD:
What was on your offer letter? If you are not confirmed and you are charged more than what the offer letter states, threaten and all for a refund. If otherwise, pay up the outstanding.
She was not given an offer letter from her post
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by MarketDispatch: 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
ayomilore:
I created a thread sometimes ago about a recall from my ything.

Thanks.
Clear what needs to be cleared according to your appointment letter so that it will not affect your future.

Imagine your current company decides to send you abroad for training and the embassy decides to conduct more findings on your person and decides to call your ex company...

....I believe you already know the answer.
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by leofab(f): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2021
How can the company spend their scarce resources training you and next thing is for you to resign without adding any value to the company ?

1 Like

Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by MiaBeer(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
rigarmortis:
Be careful, and beware of character assassination during background check with the HR. Except you dont intend to use them as reference.

for the main time, be resepctful, write them an email or letter indicating that you intend to payment and your mode of repayment and how you intend to stretch it.

very important you document that.

if its an email, send to HR and copy the head of HR, if its letter make it is stamped.

very important bro

good luck
Go to school you declined and kept throwing stones at your teachers only to come here reason like a thug and a fake engineer. In the meantime, not for the main time. And what the f*ck is recepcful? Loser!
Re: My Former HR Is Disturbing Me by Farfalla(f): 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
@OP,
Please refer to the terms of your contract. If you're required to pay a month's salary in lieu of notice kindly pay your dues.

I'd also advise you to be as diplomatic and as amicable as possible when dealing with a former employer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keke Napep Driver Returns N582,400 Forgotten By Female Trader (Photo) / Mass Sack In Alpha Beta Consulting Limited Allegedly Owned By Tinubu / Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.