Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,696 members, 7,979,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 06:54 AM

Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) (44944 Views)

Beautiful sights and pictures from IBADAN city!!! / Top Ten Most Populated Countries In Africa (Facts And Pictures) / Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Bastard1stborn: 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
ideatoprince18:
What of Oji river

What of imo river

What of Urash river

What of Umunwa river

This is OJORO

Even Eleyele no be there mate
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Godbless3(m): 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2021
I have seen river Nile, congo, zambezi but have not seen river limppopo

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Godbless3(m): 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Guyman02:

Meanwhile, River Benue is a tributary of River Niger. We learn everyday

You should be getting his opinion before trying to correct him.
His comment was how they, the student rhyme the song.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by donhils: 11:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
Which one is Ubangi?
What happened to Nile, Niger, Siliva(Senegal), Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambeze(Zambezi) we used to sing growing up then
They have been scamming you people all those times
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by clems88(m): 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:
Back then in the days.. nursery School sweet jhoor

Some rivers in Africa are...

9 Niger... Benue... Congo... Orezi... Hippo... Zambezi

Rhymes from my nursery days..

Spell checkers pls do the needful
you forget Nile o cheesy
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by lascos912(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
river Nile na witch,a river that can pass trough a desert
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by dontrulee: 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

There are seven rivers in Africa.

1. Nile
2. Niger
3. Senegal
4. Congo
5. Orange
6. Limpopo
7. Zambezi...

Besides I thought Mississippi is the longest river in the world...
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by dontrulee: 11:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
clems88:
you forget Nile o cheesy

Na Nile e call 9.
grin
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by AkaraAndBread: 11:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Miracood2:

Nile, Niger, Congo, Benue, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi.

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by remsonik(f): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Wow nostalgic feelings. Wish I was back to the old days.
There are rivers in Africa eh, /2x
Nile
Niger
Senegal
Congo
Orange
Limpopo
Zambezi
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by AreaFada2: 12:08am On Nov 17, 2021
Miracood2:

Lol.
I was actually: Nile-Niger-Senegal-Congo-Orange-Limpopo-Zambezi.

Both Rivers Orange and Limpopo are in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by UnabashedIPOB: 12:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Miracood2:

Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, Orange, Limpopo and Zambezi.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by masseratti: 1:08am On Nov 17, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Fixed. Try again. This time use your brain.
use your brain to tell me the mewof Biafra in igbo language. Comprehend before you reply a post.
Go school, you no gree go but embarrassing yourself on public fora.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by abeeee(m): 2:20am On Nov 17, 2021
CaptainZubi:
Most people do think the river Niger is named after Niger state lol. Very wrong
Who thinks that
Every body knows the state was named after the river
In fact lots of places have been named from that rice including Niger, Nigeria and other places
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by FalseProphet1(m): 3:49am On Nov 17, 2021
Miracood2:

It's Nile, Niger, Congo, Senegal, Orange, lipompo, Zambezi.

At least that's the way the rhyme was taught to us...

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Enyimbamercedes: 4:18am On Nov 17, 2021
Miracood2:

Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, orange, Limpopo, Zambezi
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by mrkings84(m): 4:30am On Nov 17, 2021
ideatoprince18:
What of Oji river

What of imo river

What of Urash river

What of Umunwa river

This is OJORO

Some of these you mentioned are creeks when compared to the list. Imagine river congo being the deepest in the world and river Nile being the longest in the world. This means Africa is truly endowned!

Now I am just shoulder high being an African.....
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by mrkings84(m): 4:30am On Nov 17, 2021
ideatoprince18:
What of Oji river

What of imo river

What of Urash river

What of Umunwa river

This is OJORO

Some of these you mentioned are creeks when compared to the list. Imagine river congo being the deepest in the world and river Nile being the longest in the world. This means Africa is truly endowned!

Mad oo
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by mrkings84(m): 4:31am On Nov 17, 2021
ideatoprince18:
What of Oji river

What of imo river

What of Urash river

What of Umunwa river

This is OJORO

Mad oo.,.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by hardbody: 4:49am On Nov 17, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44

Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, EGEDE, Hipoppo, Zambezi....

Only MEN will understand.

The Rivers we know.
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by scait(m): 6:26am On Nov 17, 2021
I thought our nursery rhymes already lined them up grin
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by femi4: 7:35am On Nov 17, 2021
CaptainFM1:

The Original mention by the composer is "Senegal". The idea is to mention one river/tributary in Africa.

And mind you, it's a rhyme that kids from many countries sing. It's not only for Nigeria.
ITK

Lyrics of the rhymes changes from Country to Country as you can observed from the thread. Benue river isn't synonymous to Nigeria alone, it flowed from Cameroon and travels west ward
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by tunapawizzy: 7:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Miracood2:

Orezi kor...wizkid ni
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Mukhtar91: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2021
What of river osun
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Lordave: 9:22am On Nov 17, 2021
grin
ideatoprince18:
What of Oji river

What of imo river

What of Urash river

What of Umunwa river

This is OJORO
Akpa amu
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by MichaelUweh(m): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Some rivers in Africa 2x ooohhh

Nile, Niger , Congo , Senegal , Orange , Limpopo , Zambezi
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by clems88(m): 10:14am On Nov 17, 2021
dontrulee:

Na Nile e call 9.
grin
lol. I confuse o grin
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by CaptainFM1: 11:06am On Nov 17, 2021
femi4:
ITK

Lyrics of the rhymes changes from Country to Country as you can observed from the thread. Benue river isn't synonymous to Nigeria alone, it flowed from Cameroon and travels west ward

Same is the Congo river passes through 9 countries. But the composer wouldn't mention all the countries it passes. "Niger" is already mentioned for Nigeria. Did you see where 2 rivers is mentioned for in any particular country? If you want as many rivers in Nigeria to be mentioned then you can as well compose your own rhyme. I don't know how you were thought in your time, but in our good old days when respect is given to the original composer, "Senegal" was the river mentioned.
Let's give respect to Originality. That's all I'm saying!
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Emmanuelcann: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Miracood2:

"Nile, Niger, Benue, Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi!"
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by femi4: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2021
CaptainFM1:

Same is the Congo river passes through 9 countries. But the composer wouldn't mention all the countries it passes. "Niger" is already mentioned for Nigeria. Did you see where 2 rivers is mentioned for in any particular country? If you want as many rivers in Nigeria to be mentioned then you can as well compose your own rhyme. I don't know how you were thought in your time, but in our good old days when respect is given to the original composer, "Senegal" was the river mentioned.
Let's give respect to Originality. That's all I'm saying!
Seriously,
Limpopo and Orange are South Africa based rivers. Stop the propaganda pls cos you don't even know the original
Re: Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) by Inishalom(m): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2021
There are still unresolved disparities of opinions on which River is actually longer, i.e between the Nile river of North Africa and the Amazon river of South America

Now I am just shoulder high being an African.....[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / 10m-Long Python Runover By Car Rescued In Indonesia (Photos, Video) / CaƱada Real In Spain Looks Poor, Dirty (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.