Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,368 members, 7,971,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 07:52 AM

Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom (1688 Views)

Ile-ife Is Our Home, Benin Reps Tell Ooni (Video) / Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Ekiti Governorship Election: Ooni Of Ife Is Sad Over Political Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by Rockyheight: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ile-Ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom

His Imperial Majesty, Oba(Dr) Frederick Akinruntan(Okoro Ajiga 1), The Olugbo of Ugboland, Ondo State has said that the ancient city of Ile Ife in Osun State is owned by his forefathers.

The monarch made the assertion while addressing some members of Southwest Group of Online Publishers (SWEGOP) who were on a courtesy visit to his palace.

Oba Akinruntan reiterated that his ancestors were the original settlers and aboriginal owners of the ancient city which is known as the cradle of Yoruba race, before migrating to the coastal area of Ondo State. He said their migration was based on the directive by Ifa and Osanyin that the land of the ancient city was barren.

Revealing more facts about Ugbo Kingdom, Akinruntan said,” it is a notorious fact that Oduduwa came as a stranger to Ile Ife. Oduduwa met sixteen communities in Ile Ife out of which thirteen have been identified in present day Ile Ife, and the aborigines are still very much in these communities, being active and holding principal roles in the day to day affairs of Ile Ife today.

” It is equally clear that he met these communities who had their kings that wore beaded crowns already in confederacy under the Paramount Ruler(Osangangan Obamakin), the existing communities in ancient Ile Ife, originally called Ugbomokun which had an established monarchical system of kingship as well as culture, customs and traditions regarding all faces of life including marriage, agriculture, worship, justice, security, parenting, commerce and others, under the leadership of Osangangan Obamakin(the son of Oranfe).”

He added, “Osangan Obamakin received Oduduwa into Ile Ife, and gave him residences as well as farmlands to cultivate. The elders in Ile Ife today still affirm that Oduduwa was a regular visitor to Ilero(Ile Apero), the palace of Osangangan Obamakin, which is still in existence today in Ile Ife, along Iremo road, and the aboriginal palace is unanimously adjudged by the elders of Ile Ife today as the Oldest Assembly In Yorubaland.

” Oduduwa was a likeable man, and was welcomed by Osangangan Obamakin but in time, dynastic wars began between Oduduwa and Obatala which eventually led to the defeat of Obatala in his Idita community, and sparked off series of events that have shaped history till this day.

“The Ugbo-Ilaje are direct descendants of Osangangan Obamakin whose dynasty founded Ile Ife, and reigned as the aboriginal Paramount Ruler of ancient Ile Ife which was known at the time as Igbomokun(Ugbomokun). He too was the son Oranfe who is recorded to be half man and half spirit, and lived on the hills of Ora.

” The offsprings and siblings of Osangangan Obamakin included Obalufon, Ojoyin, Alawo, Obawinrin, Obariyun, Owajan, Woyeasiri, Obarena, Obalara, Lowagbafin, and Baba Sigidi to mention but a few, in present day Ile Ife, there are existing quarters of Osangangan Obamakin where his direct descendants who are my kith and kin reside”.

“Oranfe, the father of Osangangan Obamakin, was mystified as a god and believed to have his palace built of fire both in heaven and his earthy abode on Ora hill in Ile Ife. That was why he was fondly referred to as Oranfe Onile Ori Oke.

“Oranfe was greatly revered and the entire spiritual paraphernalia that founded ancient Ugbomokun otherwise known as Ife Ooye or Ife Ooyelagbo was in the custody of Oranfe which included the dictates of the Oro Initiates as well as the powers of Ifa, the god of wisdom and divinity, after the ascension of Orunmila(the progenitor of IFA) from the earth.”

The Monarch maintained that the historical facts of Ugbo Kingdom as expatiated above can be found in the article entitled “A History of The Oldest Throne In Yorubaland,” By His Imperial Majesty Oghonne, Oba(Dr.) F.E.O. Akinruntan CON, FICA, FNIM and ODU: A Journal of West African Studies, New Series NO 46 July, 2015, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.

Oba Akinruntan also explained that he has no link or historical ties with the Igbo despite sharing border with each other, stressing that people have been mistakenly pronouncing his Ugbo as Igbo.

He said that Igbo and its origin could be traced to East, while he, as the paramount ruler of Ugbo kingdom is from Southwest, geopolitical zone of Nigeria.

The Olugbo of Ugboland maintained that he has every fact regarding his claim about Ile-Ife and Ugbo kingdoms. He challenged anyone with contrary opinion to come out and contradict his facts.

https://sunrisebulletin.com/ile-ife-is-owned-by-my-ancestors-olugbo-of-ugbo-kingdom/

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by Amotolongbo(f): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ugbo people were the aborigines of Ife before Oduduwa came.
Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by KingOKON: 6:20am On Nov 17, 2021
gregyboy

Isusugbaghada

Etinosa123

Samuk

Areafada1

Areafada2

Etinosa1234

Somebody should contact TAO11 abi na TAO12 to come and defend this abomination, just imagine
Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by christistruth01: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Olugbo has started sniffing Kerosene From his filling Stations again

Yes Ile Ife was Owned by your Ancestors until Oduduwa retired them and took over

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by Dartilo(m): 5:32am On Nov 19, 2021
So Oduduwa is a stranger from somewhere
Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by Olu317(m): 4:00am On Nov 20, 2021
christistruth01:
Olugbo has started sniffing Kerosene From his filling Stations again

Yes Ile Ife was Owned by your Ancestors until Oduduwa retired them and took over
Do not mind the oba olugbo. He is only looking for recognition where such is already but not as a descendant of the one who owns.

The Obamakin Osangangan himself whoolugbo claimed was his ancestor was also chased and never adorn Ogun's Ade Are crown nor became Ooni but as Olufe.

He made attempt to thwart Odua dynasty being a younger brother to Obaluru but he failed. So he moved and reigned as a king in Iranje,where Obatala also reigned after Obamakin Osangangan moved away after a while towards founding ugbo kingdom.

Here are the list of Ọ̀rànfẹ’s factional descendants led by the head descendant called Obaluru and others:
Obaluru stands for Ọ̀rànfẹ
Obalesu stands for Obatala
Obawara stands for Iwara
Olojudo stands for Oloroke
Obalaaye stands for Iraye
Obalejugbe stands for Obalese
Obafegun stands for oke Awo

The full thirteen communities are as follow:
1. Ido Kingdom - Ompetu or Olojudo of Ido
2. Iloromu Kingdom - Obaluru of Iloromu
3. Parakin Kingdom - Orunto Obalufe of Parakin
4. Omologun - Obadio of Idio
5. Oke Awo - Obafegun of Oke Awo
6. Iwinrin - Obawinrin of Iwinrin
7. Ijugbe - Obalejugbe of Ijugbe
8. Iraaye - Obalaye of Iraye
9. Imojubi - Apate or Ojona of Imojubi
10. Oke Oja - Obajio of Ijio
11. Iloran - Obaloran of Iloran
12. Odin - Lokore of Odin
13. Ideta -Obalesun or Obalale of Ilale or Ideta

So, it is disheartening reading this unneeded false claim from olugbo in Ilaje land because Oranfe lineage do not adorn Ade Are as being speculated. The Are crown being the oldest crown in Yoruba land was owned by Odua dynasty from the foundation of the era Odua was made king.

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by shigishege: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
Olu317:
Do not mind the oba olugbo. He is only looking for recognition where such is already but not as a descendant of the one who owns.

The Obamakin Osangangan himself whoolugbo claimed was his ancestor was also chased and never adorn Ogun's Ade Are crown nor became Ooni but as Olufe.

He made attempt to thwart Odua dynasty being a younger brother to Obaluru but he failed. So he moved and reigned as a king in Iranje,where Obatala also reigned after Obamakin Osangangan moved away after a while towards founding ugbo kingdom.

Here are the list of Ọ̀rànfẹ’s factional descendants led by the head descendant called Obaluru and others:
Obaluru stands for Ọ̀rànfẹ
Obalesu stands for Obatala
Obawara stands for Iwara
Olojudo stands for Oloroke
Obalaaye stands for Iraye
Obalejugbe stands for Obalese
Obafegun stands for oke Awo

The full thirteen communities are as follow:
1. Ido Kingdom - Ompetu or Olojudo of Ido
2. Iloromu Kingdom - Obaluru of Iloromu
3. Parakin Kingdom - Orunto Obalufe of Parakin
4. Omologun - Obadio of Idio
5. Oke Awo - Obafegun of Oke Awo
6. Iwinrin - Obawinrin of Iwinrin
7. Ijugbe - Obalejugbe of Ijugbe
8. Iraaye - Obalaye of Iraye
9. Imojubi - Apate or Ojona of Imojubi
10. Oke Oja - Obajio of Ijio
11. Iloran - Obaloran of Iloran
12. Odin - Lokore of Odin
13. Ideta -Obalesun or Obalale of Ilale or Ideta

So, it is disheartening reading this unneeded false claim from olugbo in Ilaje land because Oranfe lineage do not adorn Ade Are as being speculated. The Are crown being the oldest crown in Yoruba land was owned by Odua dynasty from the foundation of the era Odua was made king.
Ile Odua a gbe o. Thank you for sharing this. That town is my root of course. But it seems this olugbo is interested in something he has not made public.

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by Olu317(m): 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
shigishege:
Ile Odua a gbe o. Thank you for sharing this. That town is my root of course. But it seems this olugbo is interested in something he has not made public.
Aṣẹ́ wà ní ti Ọ̀rúnmièlàà.
Olúgbò has been told false information hence he thinks his ancestor, Oramfẹ is the Óoni which is false. while in his root where Ọbamakin came out from who were led by Ọbálúrú, the over all king of all Ọramfẹ descendants acknowledged and wọ́rí to Adé Ogún from Ọmọológún's clan (Ọbadio)

Ọrànmìyàn ancestors throne was ursuped which led to the return of Ọrànmìyàn who took back the throne and Lajàmísan consolidated thereafter. Adé Aaré belong only to Éri Ògún groups and solely theirs but you see false information everywhere except in in iIéifẹ,where it is explicitly known that the throne belongs to Ògún.

This the reason correction of these false information is being shared because they discovered there is no need for such secrecy since erroneously information is in circulation. So, Olúgbó can never wear Aaré crown. Ṣééṣéẹfun is the Crown Ólúgbó and his ancestors, families.

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by shigishege: 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
Olu317:
Aṣẹ́ wà ní ti Ọ̀rúnmièlàà.
Olúgbò has been told false information hence he thinks his ancestor, Oramfẹ is the Óoni which is false. while in his root where Ọbamakin came out from who were led by Ọbálúrú, the over all king of all Ọramfẹ descendants acknowledged and wọ́rí to Adé Ogún from Ọmọológún's clan (Ọbadio)

Ọrànmìyàn ancestors throne was ursuped which led to the return of Ọrànmìyàn who took back the throne and Lajàmísan consolidated thereafter. Adé Aaré belong only to Éri Ògún groups and solely theirs but you see false information everywhere except in in iIéifẹ,where it is explicitly known that the throne belongs to Ògún.

This the reason correction of these false information is being shared because they discovered there is no need for such secrecy since erroneously information is in circulation. So, Olúgbó can never wear Aaré crown. Ṣééṣéẹfun is the Crown Ólúgbó and his ancestors, families.
I'm actually from ile ife. Even if apart from this olugbo topic, I peraonally find these your explanation very very useful and I have stored them in my achieve as an historical explanations of ile ife which, will guide me in knowing more of my town. Pls do share more information you may have about any other historical details about ile ife, I will be glad to learn from you. Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by Olu317(m): 7:25am On Dec 23, 2021
shigishege:
I'm actually from ile ife. Even if apart from this olugbo topic, I peraonally find these your explanation very very useful and I have stored them in my achieve as an historical explanations of ile ife which, will guide me in knowing more of my town. Pls do share more information you may have about any other historical details about ile ife, I will be glad to learn from you. Thanks and God bless you.
Thanks for your thought. One's home is always one's home. And I will always do my best to post original information from ileife, no matter whose ox is gored.
Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by shigishege: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2021
Olu317:
Thanks for your thought. One's home is always one's home. And I will always do my best to post original information from ileife, no matter whose ox is gored.
thank you for the words. I will be expecting your historical teachings

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife Is Owned By My Ancestors – Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom by ipobarethieves: 10:15am On Dec 23, 2021
I pity historians/language students

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your First Thought This Morning? / 加速主义 / Video: American Gives Outlined Intro Into Orisha Lifestyle Of The Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.