Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,408 members, 7,908,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 09:27 PM

Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market (17951 Views)

4,000 Traders, Others Displaced As Anambra Demolishes 2,000 Shops / Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:31am On Nov 17, 2021
Tomek09:
Always attacking and destroying Igbo businesses in the name of explosion or inferno in Lagos but few ones owned by Yorubas are always spared. Afonja, God is seeing you all. I urge Igbos in Ladikpo, Alaba and other Igbo markets in Lagos to continue putting their trust in God who reigns above men.

I know very good Igbo guys and ladies and am sure they can't be proud of you as one of them so continue.

Las Las them go use you exchange goat for Christmas you watch

6 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Karlman: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2021
Baawaa:

They shut down in solidarity, is more than that,my brothers from other side cannot play with money
Some of you lots can never grow up.

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by muheeb01(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2021
See someone negligence affected other people now

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Chigold101(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2021
Baawaa:

They shut down in solidarity, is more than that,my brothers from other side cannot play with money
This is what you were told.

It will surprise you to know that business in a place like main market opens between 7:30am and 8am then close by 5pm.
Some days it will open by 11am or 12noon and still close by 5pm.

It will surprise you to know that this your brothers from the other side locks their shops on the 24th of December to resume again by first or second week of January in every market they own all over Nigeria.
Of course you know that Sundays are already no go area for them.

Study a people and know them for yourself and by yourself not by things said either for or against them

6 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by OmoEpe(m): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2021
Yeeyo:
When there is bad leadership everything in the country will be back ward, sorry for the loss marketers

Yess o. Buhari told them to transfer oxygen from one cylinder to another which led to the explosion

Buhari is a wicked man.

EWU GAMBIA

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by OmoEpe(m): 7:52am On Nov 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
embarassed

Afonjas proxy attack on igbo business in Lagos..

We will surely overcome this storm..

For sorrow may dwell at night,but morning comes with joy..

Afonjaz I want to let you no that you can't curse who God have blessed..

3 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by 77up(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
embarassed

Mumu comment cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Ykc2(m): 8:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Baawaa:

lagos is not our land, we don't claim what don't belong to us like fulani people that wants to claim the whole forests in nigeria
Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by majamajic(m): 8:04am On Nov 17, 2021
Mexyz:

Good morning, does that mean most of us that fill our gas in shops are actually risking our lives and that of the shop owner?
Because a larger percentage of Nigerians fill their gas in shops and it's usually from a bigger cylinder (owned by shop owners) to the customer's smaller cylinder.

Yes , from one on one with an eye witness , it was a gas shop . People were cut into pieces that they have pick them into sacks . This news didn't describe it well, the impact was much

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Calibrator: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2021
Was there when the explosion happened.

Pray never to witness war.

Still had tingling feeling in my ear.

The primary cause was cylinders used by panel beaters. Never knew that stuff had so much firepower.

2 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by id4sho(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2021
Calibrator:
Was there when the explosion happened.

Pray never to witness war.

Still had tingling feeling in my ear.

The primary cause was cylinders used by panel beaters. Never knew that stuff had so much firepower.

Very deadly, I think the explosion is more than butane(cooking gas)

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by knowhowk: 8:54am On Nov 17, 2021
Brimstone77:
embarassed

. You mean It was done by Yoruba intentionally ...Haba ! Oga ...This is Wrong Now.

2 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by muyeski21(m): 9:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Tomek09:
Always attacking and destroying Igbo businesses in the name of explosion or inferno in Lagos but few ones owned by Yorubas are always spared. Afonja, God is seeing you all. I urge Igbos in Ladikpo, Alaba and other Igbo markets in Lagos to continue putting their trust in God who reigns above men.

Chest beater I thought u said Lagos is no man's land until u humble urself things will continue like these.

2 Likes

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by ezechi24(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2021
Baawaa:

you actually think everybody is as senseless, selfish and greedy as you?......a beg find river go drawn yourself.
Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Brimstone77: 10:06am On Nov 17, 2021
knowhowk:
. You mean It was done by Yoruba intentionally ...Haba ! Oga ...This is Wrong Now.
adeyinka grandson made this threat some years ago, and some afonjaz here on nairaland have on several occasions threatened to burn down Igbo properties in yoruba land. If igbos fail to leave their space..
Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Twoclans(f): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mexyz:

Good morning, does that mean most of us that fill our gas in shops are actually risking our lives and that of the shop owner?
Because a larger percentage of Nigerians fill their gas in shops and it's usually from a bigger cylinder (owned by shop owners) to the customer's smaller cylinder.

I was actually referring to Oxygen gas not cooking gas.My comment is based on my knowledge with gas as regards medical and industrial gas .The likes of oxygen,nitrogen,hydrogen etc. But I want to believe that transferring cooking gas from giant cylinders to smaller might pose same risk.

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Tomek09(m): 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2021
muyeski21:

Chest beater I thought u said Lagos is no man's land until u humble urself things will continue like these.
Get out from my mention. Nonsense
Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2021
WIREMIND:
This country is so daft.
See technology everywhere.
We don't make use of technology.
Every gas station should have gas leakage alarm for immediate alert.
Now 5 lives wasted. Technology could have saved the situation.

Well
I sell mobile Phone and LAPTOP POWERBANK.

Please xup with this laptop power bank...I need one ASAP

1 Like

Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by WIREMIND: 9:03am On Nov 18, 2021
Baawahala:

Please xup with this laptop power bank...I need one ASAP
whatsapp me on 0810965552six
Re: Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2021
WIREMIND:
whatsapp me on 0810965552six
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Comprehensive "guarantor's Form" To An Employee / Business Ideas / Starting A Lucrative Business In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.