Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,135 members, 7,943,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single (4923 Views)

Poll: If someone is not married, is he or she single?

Generally true: 87% (7 votes)
Generally false: 12% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

8 Things You Should Never Do For A Lover You’ve Not Married / Why Are You Not Married Yet / What Are The Signs That She Is Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2011
For those of you saying a man or woman is single if he or she is not married, does that mean you would flirt with him or her? Even if he or she had a girlfriend or boyfriend? With the intention of getting them to fall for you?
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Liger: 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Ogugua88, Your name (albeit profile name) is common with Onitsha people. Aniocha (Neni, brother to the Adazi's, Agulu's and Ichida etch), interesting, you LG decided the Ngige/Akunyili tussle. While I am aware that your post says the opinion is from a friend, I have a feeling that you are caught at a crossroad (correct me if I'm wrong though).
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by marcus1234: 9:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
Liger:
@Ogugua88, Your name (albeit profile name) is common with Onitsha people. Aniocha (Neni, brother to the Adazi's, Agulu's and Ichida etch), interesting, you LG decided the Ngige/Akunyili tussle. While I am aware that your post says the opinion is from a friend, I have a feeling that you are caught at a crossroad (correct me if I'm wrong though).

Hm, well my mom is from Delta state. My parents chose the name for sentimental reasons.

I'm not caught at a crossroad, no lol. It was honestly from a friend. He said it and other Nigerian friends started agreeing with him. I didn't agree with him, but I kept my mouth closed anyway as I wasn't willing to argue lol. I find that kind of mentality awfully disturbing. If people can't respect someone's partner before marriage, will a ring on the wedding finger command respect and sense of limitations? I doubt it lol. Not for everyone anyway. If two people are courting, obviously something is going right for them. Just because they don't have wedding rings doesn't mean one should try and ravage their relationship for a chance at dating one of them.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Skii(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
Come to think of it, I never thought about it in that light

For me, I'd like to respect (and have mine respected) someones relationship boundaries, single, in a relationship or whatever
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by opuro(m): 12:31am On Jun 09, 2011
undecided
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by ShyOne(f): 12:37am On Jun 09, 2011
Ogugua I hear that alot too.

This however is definitely gray shaded - however, NOT married does NOT make a man or woman single.  When I hear single - most people I know see "single" as a category that deems a person is "available to date."

I am unavailable "to date" as I am in a committed relationship.  He is unavailable as well.  We are NOT SINGLE though we have yet to marry.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by 9jafetish(f): 3:53am On Jun 09, 2011
men are nbot faithful theses days
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 09, 2011
Women aren't faithful either.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by MrsChima(f): 5:23am On Jun 09, 2011
jay bee:

If a man is not married then he is either single or attached. . . . . It's really that simply

I agree. Even "engaged" couples are considered "single" in America.  If a man or woman engaged to be married and one of them dies, the court WILL NOT grant the other partner rights because they were NOT married.  The same thing goes for hospitals and other legal entities, unmarried couples are not given priorities even if they are engaged. Blood families must give the permission for the "widow" to even participate in the bereavement which is sad but that is the facts of life.  Just like Iice said, it is a civil status and there isn't a box on legal forms to check dating or engaged.  

Most people assumed "single" means the person is not in a relationship nor dating.  It means that you are not legally married.  Hold on Oguga, However just because a person isn't legally married doesn't mean that the couples aren't attached to one another.  It is much easier to break up when you are "attached" than married.  (no legal mess)

annita19:

This is so a justification statement. #cheaters alert# lol

If a man or a woman wants to cheat rather they are "single", "engaged", and "married" they will and there is no justification in being TRIFLING.  

9jafetish:

men  are nbot faithful theses days

As much as I wants to say YOU ARE RIGHT, but that is not true.  SOME men are not faithful these days.  (Shut up Jaybee)

ogugua88:

I'm not caught at a crossroad, no lol. It was honestly from a friend. He said it and other Nigerian friends started agreeing with him. I didn't agree with him, but I kept my mouth closed anyway as I wasn't willing to argue lol. I find that kind of mentality awfully disturbing. If people can't respect someone's partner before marriage, will a ring on the wedding finger command respect and sense of limitations? I doubt it lol. Not for everyone anyway. If two people are courting, obviously something is going right for them. Just because they don't have wedding rings doesn't mean one should try and ravage their relationship for a chance at dating one of them.

I hear what you are saying.  It doesn't matter if the OUTSIDE person doesn't respect someone's partner before marriage the INSIDE person must respect their relationship in order for it to survive.  Regardless of whatever opinions we all have the PERSON who wants to step out will step out damn what we are saying.  

Referring to red bold, you can't ravage someone's relationship if the parties doesn't participate.  There is no such thing as an one person fist fight.  There will always be people who think they can uproot your relationship but your MAN or WOMAN have the final say.  If he or she is a good man or woman then you have NOTHING to worry about.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by 190: 7:48am On Jun 09, 2011
ogugua88:

Women aren't faithful either.

cool cool
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 09, 2011
Untill I say 'I do' , I'm still single . . . . and searching! cool cool cool
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Sike(m): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2011
I'm not really SINGLE, I'm not really COMMITED. I'm just on RESERVE for the one who DESERVES me. #fact
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by mrofficial(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2011
When does a man go double? Even triple?
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Dahbutter(m): 10:43am On Jun 09, 2011
@poster, relax, if he is single which should only mean unmarried, then he IS SINGLE! Wether he has a gf, is engaged or whateva, especially when it is "complicated" according to facebook.
So nothing do u, u can go ahead and fuk yr girlfriends' men,. . . we all understand wink
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by freeman9ja(m): 2:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
Well, I am single till i get married, all those girlfrnd and engage issue are all grammer.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Wisegee: 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
That is the language of desperate girls and marriage hustlers. They feel they can get any man by all means.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2011
Dahbutter:
@poster, relax, if he is single which should only mean unmarried, then he IS SINGLE! Wether he has a gf, is engaged or whateva, especially when it is "complicated" according to facebook.
So nothing do u, u can go ahead and fuk yr girlfriends' men,. . . we all understand wink

You and I no dey for the same planet lol.

Wisegee:
That is the language of desperate girls and marriage hustlers. They feel they can get any man by all means.

It was a guy that said it o. Guys and girls were agreeing with him. I made the post vague so that I can get responses before the gender stereotyping began lol.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 10, 2011
Skii:
Come to think of it, I never thought about it in that light

For me, I'd like to respect (and have mine respected) someones relationship boundaries, single, in a relationship or whatever

Very ditto cool
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Koolking(m): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
If you are not married (man or woman), you are SINGLE. Be in a relationship or not. YOU ARE SINGLE. Even while engaged, you are still single. Until you are married. Engagement is never consciously or unconsciously regarded as marriage. Live in husbands/wives or common law wives/husbands are not recognised as married.

SINGLE will always be the opposite of MARRIED in relationship terms.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by MrsChima(f): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
Koolking:

If you are not married (man or woman), you are SINGLE. Be in a relationship or not. YOU ARE SINGLE. Even while engaged, you are still single. Until you are married. Engagement is never consciously or unconsciously regarded as marriage. Live in husbands/wives or common law wives/husbands are not recognised as married.

SINGLE will always be the opposite of MARRIED in relationship terms.

Alright suga! We heard you! tongue tongue
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by MrCork17: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
Mrs.Chima. pliss when can we hump? undecided
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Wisegee: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
ogugua88:

You and I no dey for the same planet lol.

It was a guy that said it o. Guys and girls were agreeing with him. I made the post vague so that I can get responses before the gender stereotyping began lol.

The guy that said that is a serious player and a chronic cheat.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by tpia5: 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2011
Sike:

I'm not really SINGLE, I'm not really COMMITED. I'm just on RESERVE for the one who DESERVES me. #fact

you flatter yourself too much.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by goke313: 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2011
true
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Goldieluks: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2011
If a man is not married,then he is single,
except he is into a serious relationship.
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by dipo2much(m): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2011
Goldieluks:

If a man is not married,then he is single,
except he is into a serious relationship.

Thats simple enough, dear
Re: If A Man Is Not Married, He Is Single by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2013
iice: I guess in terms of civil status.
You don't have a box for 'dating' to tick.
Indeed

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Accurate Is Urine Pregnancy Test / I Am Good At Making Friends Initially But The Friendship Doesn't Last / Plastic Surgery Turns Woman Face To Something Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.