Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,985 members, 7,890,235 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:28 AM

Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? (1142 Views)

"Don't Judge Me By My Past" (photo) / ''7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You" / 7 Things You Must Not Tell Your Partner About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by blessingchinny(f): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Should you share your secret with your partner?

I came across a trend on Facebook where a question was asked on whether is right to share your past life with your partner?

On Reading the comments, I discovered that a lot of people was against sharing your past with a partner as that might affect the trust in the relationship.

But then, what works for A might not work for B. Do you know that a lot of relationship has ended because of lack of transparency.
And a lot has equally ended because a truth was finally revealed.

I think the summary of this is, try to understand your partner before hiding or revealing any past relationship history to him/ her. Not everybody can handle the past.
To some, it is now a past, while to others, it is such a big deal, and they will keep reminiscing on it every now and then.
And most importantly, observe how transparent your partner is, if he/ she is the type that reveals every secret to you including his/ her past, then hiding yours will become a disaster waiting to explode, especially if it has correlation with the present.
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by donbachi(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Unless u wan take ur own hand,give ur partner "omo reminder".
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Cerebellum: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Of course, you should always tell your partner about your past think about if he/she finds out about your past misdeed after marriage, yawa bust.
A stitch in time, saves 9.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by gift2xl: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
There are things that needs to be left under.
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Kobicove(m): 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
If you did something's that will eventually be exposed later then it's better you just come clean undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's good to come with clean hands but síbẹ̀síbẹ̀, some things are better left unsaid especially if they won't have any damaging effect on the now and future.
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Divoc19(f): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tell your partner things on demand. Let the past rest and think about the future instead
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
blessingchinny:
I think the summary of this is, try to understand your partner before hiding or revealing any past relationship history to him/ her. Not everybody can handle the past.
To some, it is now a past, while to others, it is such a big deal, and they will keep reminiscing on it every now and then.

And most importantly, observe how transparent your partner is, if he/ she is the type that reveals every secret to you including his/ her past, then hiding yours will become a disaster waiting to explode, especially if it has correlation with the present.
If you are in a relationship with someone you have to walk on shells around, are you truly in a relationship, a healthy one at that? undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobicove:
If you did something's that will eventually be exposed later then it's better you just come clean undecided
How do you tell what will eventually be exposed and what will not, this in an uncertain world? undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Onyenna(m): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobicove:

Seconded....
Re: Should I Tell My Partner About My Past? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
It's good to come with clean hands but síbẹ̀síbẹ̀, some things are better left unsaid especially if they won't have any damaging effect on the now and future.
What about the issue of honesty in that situation? If you date someone but cannot accept all of that person's truths, are you really dating that person or the idea of that person you have chosen to open yourself up to? undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Lady Was Beaten For Pouring Drinks On A Man At A Party / Hustle Hard Means What Exactly? / Imagine What Nigeria Is Turning Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.