Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (47701 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by tollyboy5(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
That's the problem. You got loan to start up something for her and yet you don't want to her to nurse it to grow. How will you feel if by the time you are paying of the Laon, thé business is long dead? Will you take another loan to start another business for her or you will let her seat idle at home? You are the real owner of the business, yes I agree, but don't you want your business to grow to a level where you won't even bother if your salary doesn't come for months?
How grateful do you want her to be if not by bothering about the growth of the business you started for her?
I understand that things are hard and you may have no choice than to eat from the business because na person wey eat dey run business, but don't you think she will feel bad that most of the shelves that were filled up before are now empty because there's no more money to fill them?
If your plan is for it to Crash so that you can collect another Laon, then it's okay. You own the business you know how you want it to go.
However, if you took loan, started a business just to eat off it, it's still okay. Maybe you should just send your wife to acquire a skill so that while the business is running down, she will be learning something.
As for her being jobless when you married her, you saw her like that and liked her and went ahead to marry her despite her joblessness and even after the marriage, you went ahead to look for baby instead of sending her to acquire a skill or starting a business. It was untill she became depressed from staying at home alone all day and yet no child to keep her busy that you thought of starting off a business for her..so don't bring her joblessness before marriage into it. Maybe you have even used it against her several times and her new behavior could be a reaction to the emotional torture you give her. Marry person wey get something doing, una the.too dey proud or too opinionated, now you are torturing a woman simply because she was jobless when you married her and now started a business for her.
I understand you, woman matter need man too calm down
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by ugotaya: 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

Please I need your advice.

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last night.

I keep telling men that once you start to react on what women says to you all the time, soon you will be label a 'woman beater'. Women are know to talk without thinking of the consequences of their watery mouth. To become a man is not a day job. you have to be patience and be tolerant.
She actually telling you the truth in a wrong way an d at the wrong time. The economy will not allow us to do as we want so its the same when you start spending the capital and gains in your business.
Oga, find another source of income and comot your eye for that moni ooo

Your focus should be on your goals and achievement so go improve your standard of life. do your exams and every other thing to make life easier for you.

May God provide a way and avenue to replenish your pocket and blame you more

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Israeldan1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes oooo
Let me burst your brain for you....
I b married man too

I love my wife and I knw you love yours too

But no allow her talk to always be your priority

Do things on your own that you knw will be good for both of you even if she say she no like am

Oga do it since you knw say na for una betterment

I no day allow woman day talk Wetin she want for my face o

I make my decision and not her

Take note anything about investments don’t let her decide you b the one ☝️

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by akaf16: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
To be candid, majority of them are ingrate.
However, My advise for you is to stand as a Man and don't be intimidated with her annoying complain.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by djon78(m): 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
uuzba:

The woman who married the man knows him better than any of us.
Most times they are looking at the man's attitude.
Personally this money come, money go business is controlled by God himself.
He will just personally mess you up and take away your money
JUST FOR THE SAKE TO SEE HOW YOU WILL BEHAVE without money.
Like the story of Job in the Bible.
An honest man will remain closer to God and his wife will see it.
A fake man will get angry and betray God and his wife will see it.
When the money comes back later, the woman has now known EXACTLY the kind of character the man has.

Which is very good
Everyone will know how the other behaves and become wiser

No be if money no dey
You make a man's life miserable
Only to want peace when money dey

Even Ashawos can behave better than that
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by djon78(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
uuzba:

When the money comes back later, the woman has now known EXACTLY the kind of character the man has.

Which attitude are you talking about
Very many women are extremely selfish in nature
And most times selfish people always get burned

I have seen this scenario play out times without numbers

Which is very good
Everyone will know how the other behaves and become wiser

No be if money no dey
You make a man's life miserable
Only to want peace when money dey

Even Ashawos can behave better than that
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by showafrica(m): 6:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

A man will kneel and beg a woman to marry him
Same man will still pay bride price
Same man will still train and set up the woman

Just for procreation

We need to revisit and readjust some ethics in this institution called marriage.

Nigeria set up a condition that does not support marriage. 6334 education is no. 1 fault. When Nigeria ends, British colonialism will also end and things will start working like normal. My children wil learn more on youtube than school, i will teach them how to make money early, as early as 12. God's willing they will never find life difficult.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by djon78(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
uuzba:

In addition a selfish, self centered woman has no understanding of God

So stop bringing God into this because many of the so called women will claim to know God but there behavior and character shows no iota of knowledge of God in any way

A woman that knows God won't make the husband's life miserable at all
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by bepositive11: 6:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

Not eating her food is not the solution. Being passive aggressive is not the solution. Talk to her about it. Set boundaries and consequences and communicate them to her directly. For example, If she would talk to you anyhow and disrespect you again, tell her that you will spend less on her and more on your professional career.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by OvertheTop(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

Bro, if You are Depending on a New Business to Feed, The business will Crash.
the Profit and Initial capital must be Turned over again and Again for the business to survive.

if not....It will Crash.

look for another source of income like a Job to prevent you from eating up the business.

Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by TenQ: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

Deal with her with understanding.
Until she reaches menopause, her hormones will be driving her erratically. This is what is happening to her right now. Its normal with ALL women at different degrees>
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by bummyla(m): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sorry Bros! All what your wife said to you last night is not new to a typical Nigerian Husband! Dont kill yourself! Do your best and leave the rest for GOD! Refused to be emotionally blackmailed! Marriage gave some of us High BP! And we have learnt! Pray for more financial blessings and God will honor your prayers! Amen!
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Gorgeous1guy(m): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
U have an issue with your wife and the first thing that u can think of is coming online for advice?
Sometimes I wonder why immature people marries all in d name of marriage. What happens to dialogue and mutual understanding?? U are even reporting the events of previous night?? Haba.
Oga, go talk to your wife abeg. Every disagreement isn't a course that warrants sleepless night....if not, u may not be sleeping much in years to come.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
otokx:
Welcome to the Nigerian husband world, it will get worse then it may get better, just hang in there.

Warris this? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by bukatyne(f): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

A man will kneel and beg a woman to marry him
Same man will still pay bride price
Same man will still train and set up the woman

Just for procreation

We need to revisit and readjust some ethics in this institution called marriage.

@bold:

You mean all the women around you just carry pregnancies and birth the kids?

That's all they literally do? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

How lucky grin
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by millionboi(m): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Haakeem:
Your wife must be from igbo or yoruba tribe ah most of them can't bere it with their husband,but once GOD accepts prayer and the husband got visa and flew out from the country without taking his wife, those type of wives would be the one ranting that they were with you when everything was hard,you were with me what?.....my advise is that you continue refusing her food till you faint offgrin
ah which kind advice is this?
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Haakeem(m): 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
millionboi:
ah which kind advice is this?
pls help me ask the spirit in me in the morning o.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by efficiencie(m): 11:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
silvoclaira:
@Op I feel for you and the family. Things are really expensive out here and money nor reach.

https://www.nairaland.com/6853192/inflation-women-please-pity-husbands

Please just take it easy on your wife. The pressure on you is the same kind of pressure on her too.

Things are really hard this times in Nigeria, so we only have to be patient and try absorbing all the shocks okay.

I believe you are a good man, your wife is a good woman.

If She is into business which is a daily thing so, she should know how tough things are today and you both can work it out better. You both should have a honest discussion of what is on ground today.

Lastly try and be in your best mind and shape, eat food. Take care of yourself and be healthy.

What honest discussion are you referring to again? They already had the honest discussion with the ungrateful wife spewing trash on the man that is trying hard to secure a good future for the family. Bia @distinguish I will advice you to involve a third party in this matter because at this rate if you are not careful high blood pressure will rapidly catch up with you unawares...that statement from your wife is completely uncalled for and the amount of violence in her words is comparable to physical violence. I am very sure you are still reeling from the pain of that statement. I will advise that you involve her parents about what she said and if her parents will not correct her and make her apologize for that wicked statement consult your pastor or religious leader and if your wife still does not apologize for her wrong then you know you are in for a ton of trouble and the next decision is in your court. If women can walk out of a marriage in the name of domestic violence, men should equally not tolerate verbal/emotional violence...toxicity is toxicity, irrespective of its source!
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by efficiencie(m): 11:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Bola146:
Wahala in marriages especially when the foundation is faulty lipsrsealed undecided I'll never advise a idle lady to go into marriage, she must have something little to support her husband at home, she should learn a handiwork or business, instead of spending much on wedding, they can use it for her to start a business and do a low key wedding. If she can't understand your financial condition as an adult and how Nigeria economy is so bad now, I don't know what else she needs. Emotionally she might be disturbed for infertility.

This has nothing to do with whether a lady has something doing or not. An ingrate is an ingrate irrespective of her financial status. A good wife will support her husband particularly when the man is a responsible man making the necessary sacrifices to build a good future for the family. A woman that cannot build with her husband but rather whines and complains at his struggles is not worthy of a responsible husband at all!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Poleski: 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
distinguish:

If what you said here is 100% then you married a bad and lazy woman! If you had courted her long enough to really know her, you've seen many red flags that would've discouraged from marrying her.

The marriage is barely a year old and you're already getting this sh*itty attitude from her! If you see she's isn't ready to change and you don't want to spend the rest of your life with a bad wife, it's not late to end marriage before it ends you!

Marriage is a beautiful thing when you have a great partner in a good wife.
Good luck.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by pussymonger1: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
NO ROMANCE WITHOUT FINANCE BOSS .FOR BETTER FOR WORSE IS A BIG LIE , I WILL LOVE YOU THE WAY YOU ARE IS A BIG SCAM . GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH
distinguish:

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by milliondollas(m): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2021
TELL HER TO GIVE YOU A BREAK LET HER GO TO HER FATHER HOUSE FOR THE TIME BEING WHEN THING GET BETTER YOU WILL CALL HER BACK SIMPLE
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Mpomia: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
My brother listen carefully. Never in your life again, I repeat never try to impress a woman whether na girlfriend or wife.

You can never please a woman.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Double0h7(f): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
BarrElChapo:

A business that the man took a loan for and is repaying+interest from his salary account every month.

Where do you expect the man to feed from in the interim ? Another loan. Okay the man isn't feeling the pinch in his finances, what if the woman got the loan herself she can never repay the loan from that business right.

I don't know what to say to you cos your heart is one meant for beasts.

Ok, and when the business fails and the loan is still outstanding is it a soft heart that will solve the problem?

You're being emotional and the person you quoted is one of only 3 people who have stated the facts in this topic. Everyone else is creating their boring gender wars and emotional issues but nobody is talking about the fact which is that their business won't survive if op doesn't work with his wife in budgeting rather than placing claims on a business that isn't even a year old.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by muheeb01(m): 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
God will see this young family through....for your string erection and last long in bed herbs and also any issues of INFERTILITY dm me...

Don't let jedijedi,weak Erection,Erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation embarrass you and give u low self esteem and bruise your ego....let me be your correct agbo plug straigth from the source....it's what I know very well and I'm also using,pure natural herbs with natural ingredients,one come with coconut water concotion and the other one 43%alcohol, and the third one is original ibile BURANTASHI with special ingredients combined....and if it's underlying infections causing it,I have correct stds polyherbal flusher for you before you take solid erection herbs and afato.....dm me any one you want and you'll thank me later forever....

Check my signature and profile for my work and dm me
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by armyofone(m): 12:48am On Nov 23, 2021
When there aren't enough money in the house, everyone drives each other crazy.

She may be on another thread complaining about you too.

You both should be communicating and brain storming solutions to the present pressures you both going through.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Afodot0022(m): 9:18am On Nov 24, 2021
See op. I will advice you because have been through what you are going through. See woman are unappreciative in nature no matter what you do for them. If you render your life to them, they will still say you didnt do much. I know how much i invested in establishing my wife in her business but things didnt work. I dont earn much salary but every month huge amount is put into her biz to the extent that i and the home will be lacking. Despite all the biz was not yielding. I collected 2 shops for her in lagos. U can imagine the cost of that, i gave up when i noticed its getting to me and my psych. I was forced to tell her to quite and go and look for normal job atleast that will bring something to her instead of wasting funds on biz that is not yielding. Now she works and i have peace of mind as i dont expect any unnecessary funds to be invested in the so called biz. Despite all this my wife didnt appreciate. That was when i know that am not gonna kill myself for this woman. I will just do my best and leave the rest thats all. Imagine despite she knowing how much u invested in her biz, she still have the guts to tell you that you are not taking care of her. Gush some woman can be so anoyying and detestable.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by OlapejuB: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2021

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last night.[/quote]

You have done well by supporting her. On her behalf, I say thank you but I will sincerely advise you:
1. do not ever neglect your food, it is prepared by your money so why are you throwing your hard earned money away?
Do not believe the quote that says the best way to punish a woman is to ignore her food and sex. Some women do not care o. Do you think she will not ask you for money for food when the food stuff finishes?
2. If you have any program to do any where, please do it well. It is to your advantage, do not postpone whatever you need to improve you as success requires sacrifice
3. The two of you need to know that there is a national economic problem. So we need understanding and tolerance to live as a couple in this nation now. Teach her with gentility and humility how to endure what we are passing through, you need to teach her because I understood from your msg that your marriage is just a year so she may still be young. Then you both need to know how to invite the originator of the marriage to your home. Do not allow anyone to drive you crazy and do not drive yourself crazy. Add necessary spices to your marriage and we will all overcome the problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2_baCZsSFw

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice / Should I Tell My Dad That My Step-brother Is Not His Son ? / I Would Love To Go Back To My Ex-Husband – Caroline Danjuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.