Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,152 members, 7,949,959 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me (481 Views)

My Landlord Is Endangering The Health Of Everyone In The Compound. / Our Landlord Is Torturing Us / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by KOPArespect: 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please kindly advice me on this issue.
I got a job in Osun state and got an apartment of which i spent a lot to beautify the house ranging from the interior and exterior painting, application of wall paper in the living room among several others...

my rent was supposed to expire in September and i went to the landlord to talk about renewal, but to my surprise, he said he has spoken to the agent to serve me a notice over 6 months that one of his brothers travelled abroad and needs a place to keep his things. I spoke to the agent about this and he said it escaped his mind. i then asked them to give me time to get another house within that area since its close to my wife shop and daughters school.

During the period of my search for another house, the landlord met me and said i will have to pay for the periods at which i stay during the search for new house, i couldnt argue because i don't want issue with the man. to cut the long story short, i spent a month and 20 days during my search for the new apartment. he asked about the money while i was packing my loads and i promised him month end (deep down in my mind, i felt i dont owe him money since i was not given prior notice). i only promised him month end so that i wont have issues when packing the loads.

lately the man has been disturbing me to pay him the money which is about 16k

Please advice on what to do
Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by SportsHD: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na16k, Just pay him to avoid what can be avoided.
Life no hard.
Sounds like he just wanted you away from his house.

2 Likes

Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by EkoErrands: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
KOPArespect:
Please kindly advice me on this issue.
I got a job in Osun state and got an apartment of which i spent a lot to beautify the house ranging from the interior and exterior painting, application of wall paper in the living room among several others...

my rent was supposed to expire in September and i went to the landlord to talk about renewal, but to my surprise, he said he has spoken to the agent to serve me a notice over 6 months that one of his brothers travelled abroad and needs a place to keep his things. I spoke to the agent about this and he said it escaped his mind. i then asked them to give me time to get another house within that area since its close to my wife shop and daughters school.

During the period of my search for another house, the landlord met me and said i will have to pay for the periods at which i stay during the search for new house, i couldnt argue because i don't want issue with the man. to cut the long story short, i spent a month and 20 days during my search for the new apartment. he asked about the money while i was packing my loads and i promised him month end (deep down in my mind, i felt i dont owe him money since i was not given prior notice). i only promised him month end so that i wont have issues when packing the loads.

lately the man has been disturbing me to pay him the money which is about 16k

Please advice on what to do

Send him 20k. He will think about it for the rest of his life. That's punishment for life.

1 Like

Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by yuping(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
You are not suppose to pay but remember you made a promise be a man of your words, if you have the money.

2 Likes

Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by PlayMaker14: 1:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
There are some things you let slide, this is not one of them.... Your landlord and the agent are trying to capitalize on your simplicity and gentle nature....

I will advise you seek legal advice and action against your heartless landlord and the foolish agent.

1 Like

Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by Phcmayor(m): 1:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
You knew you were not owning him so why do you promise him
Is better not to promise than not fulfilling

2 Likes

Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by KOPArespect: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
EkoErrands:

Send him 20k. He will think about it for the rest of his life. That's punishment for life.

i intend sending him 10k, and open up to him that that is what i can afford
Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by KOPArespect: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Phcmayor:
You knew you were not owning him so why do you promise him
Is better not to promise than not fulfilling
i did the promise so that i wont have issues when packing out of his house
Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by KOPArespect: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
PlayMaker14:
There are some things you let slide, this is not one of them.... Your landlord and the agent are trying to capitalize on your simplicity and gentle nature....

I will advise you seek legal advice and action against your heartless landlord and the foolish agent.

I would have done that if it were to be a young landlord, the man is in his 70s...
Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by PlayMaker14: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
KOPArespect:

I would have done that if it were to be a young landlord, the man is in his 70s...
Even if he is Methuselah's elder brother, seek legal advice and action against the inconsiderate man.

1 Like

Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by Phcmayor(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
KOPArespect:

i did the promise so that i wont have issues when packing out of his house

If you have the money give him to avoid stories that touch or take him to court if the case goes to your favor you will live in his house free for two years
Cus I believe no one has the right to ask for his rent accumulated during the time you are looking for a house after quit notice
Re: My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me by EkoErrands: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
KOPArespect:

i intend sending him 10k, and open up to him that that is what i can afford

Bro I advice u to send him 20k. E get why physically and e get why spiritually.

Physically you have defeated him and you have placed yourself above him. He wont forget the experience forever and ever.

Spiritually you have told your yourself that you are much more than 16k. Bro God cannot fail you if you believe.

That 10k you are planning to give him is just poverty mentality. And it's very hard to break free from it.

(1) (Reply)

Uncompleted 2bd Flat & Mini Flat For Sale / Reasons Tenants Dont Want To Stay In A House The Landlords Leaves / Two Plots Of Land For Sale (oda Road,akure,ondo State)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.