Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Holy Ghost Fire Consume Me! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Ghost Fire Consume Me! (135 Views)

Where Is "Holy Ghost Fire" Mentioned In The Bible? / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Is Holy Ghost Fire Prayer Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Holy Ghost Fire Consume Me! by historyles: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2021
Holy Ghost Fire Consume Me!

The concept of the Holy Ghost fire being used today in many Pentecostal circles was gleaned from the story of Elijah, when he commanded fire to come down from heaven to consume the sacrifice he had prepared, when he challenged the prophets of Baal.

Interestingly, during that duel, the fire didn't come down to consume the prophets of Baal. But some preachers ignorantly claim it did, in their sermons. What did happen is that the fire came down to consume Elijah's sacrifice and produce a sweet smelling savor unto God.

So, the true representation or symbolism of that story, is not how God sends down fire to consume your enemies. No! It is how God's (Holy Ghost) fire, comes down on us to consume us (our bodies), as a sacrifice of sweet smelling savor to God. Burning away the impurities of our lives and presenting us pure and holy before him. The sacrifice today, is our Bodies, being offered as living sacrifices, holy, acceptable to God.

Romans 12:1
Romans 12:1 KJVs
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

So a Christian should be asking for Holy Ghost fire to consume him, not trying to send it to consume his enemies. We are to offer ourselves to God and allow the fire of the Holy Ghost consume any imperfections in us, not throw non existent darts of "Holy Ghost" fire at our perceived enemies and problems.

If you are into this ignorant exercise, you should stop. Because, it is a misconception and misapplication of Holy Ghost fire and quite frankly, it does nothing in that regard. Any shouts of Holy Ghost fire as some kind of spiritual weapon against perceived enemies, is just plenty noise. Loud meaningless noise. Instead of engaging in that waste of time, get filled with the Holy Ghost and let him consume the impurities of your life and then see yourself stand victorious over the devil, always. The presense of the Holy Spirit, acive in your life, and you, living in submission to His will, is all the protection you need! It is more than sufficient!

Ephesians 5:17-21
King James Version
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Remember, like Elisha said to his servant,

THEY THAT ARE WITH US ARE MORE THAN THEY THAT ARE WITH THEM!!!

Mebele E. Okugbo - 20th November 2021

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :sunday, November 21, 2021 / Nothing Beyond Your Strength / Send Your Prayer Request And Receive Your Prayer Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.