Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,479 members, 7,911,133 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? (1947 Views)

Low Self Confidence / She Took Away All My Self Confidence, I Am Devastated :/ / The Kind Of Self Confidence That Attracts Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by mamagee3(f): 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
How do I get my confidence level up, I mean my self-esteem because it's very very very low.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by 190: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
^have u ever had a man before,

if u have then ask him

if u havent then mine is free for the nite

ask it undecided
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by snowdrops(m): 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2011
It's hard to imagine mama gee unmotivated or lacking in confidence. You come across as a perpetually excited person smiley
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by upendo98(f): 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mama -gee (funny name) cz ur only 17. Are you? Your posts are always emotional. Whatever happened to you while growing up? Am serious btw.
You lack self confidence and wait for people to compliment you. I will give you my 2 cents worth of advise.This world is rough. Very very rough with rough people too like  lipsrsealed .17 is not child either so you really need to mature emotionally as well if you want all to be well with you. At this rate,the chance of getting used and dumped is very high cz you seek approval from people and that you will surely get but at a cost.Before you realise you will be 50,blaming and hating everybody for your failures. Be positive always reagrdless. its a mind thing. What you go through is not unique at all.Infact theres nothing new that ever happens cz smbody else has bn there too. Its part of growing up and living life
cheers.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by otokx(m): 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
go to the journal and diary section mama gee and read the top 3 from beginning to the end.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by Scooby1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mamagee I hope this will help and pls dont forget to pray it is important too.

1)Recognize your insecurities. What does that voice in the back of your mind say? What makes you ashamed of yourself? This could be anything from acne, to regrets, or friends at school. Whatever is making you feel unworthy, ashamed, or inferior, identify it, give it a name, and write it down. You can also tear these written pieces to start feeling positive on those points.

2)Talk about it with friends and loved ones. Wear it on your sleeve. Each day you should chip away at it; wear it down. There's no quick fix. Get to the root of the problem; focus on it and understand that you need to resolve each issue before you can move on. And that doesn't mean you have to get rid of whatever makes you feel bad (many times, you simply can't). You need to learn to accept yourself, your past, your circumstances as they are, without necessarily thinking of them as "bad".

3)Remember that no one is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in any of our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. Learn that life is full of bumps down the road.

4)Identify your successes. Everyone is good at something, so discover the things at which you excel, then focus on your talents. Give yourself permission to take pride in them. Give yourself credit for your successes. Inferiority is a state of mind in which you've declared yourself a victim. Do not allow yourself to be victimized. Express yourself, whether it's through art, music, writing, etc. Find something you enjoy. Everyone is born with talents and strengths. You can develop and excel in yours. If it's difficult to name two or three things you have some ability in or just plain love to do, think about things others do that you would like to do too and take some lessons or join an enthusiasts club. When you're following your passion, not only will it have a therapeutic effect, but you'll feel unique and accomplished, all of which can help build your self confidence. Plus, adding a variety of interests to your life will not only make you more confident, but it will increase your chances of meeting compatible friends!

5)Be thankful for what you have. A lot of the times, at the root of insecurity and lack of confidence is a feeling of not having enough of something, whether it's emotional validation, good luck, money, etc. By acknowledging and appreciating what you do have, you can combat the feeling of being incomplete and unsatisfied. Finding that inner peace will do wonders for your confidence.

6)Be Positive, even if you don't feel the same way. Avoid self-pity, or the pity and sympathy of others. Never allow others to make you feel inferior--they can only do so if you let them. If you continue to loathe and belittle yourself, others are going to do and believe likewise. Instead, speak positively about yourself, about your future, and about your progress. Do not be afraid to project your strengths and qualities to others. By doing so, you reinforce those ideas in your mind and encourage your growth in a positive direction.

7) Accept compliments gracefully. Don't roll your eyes and say, "Yeah, right," or shrug it off. Take it to heart and respond positively ("Thank you" and a smile works well).

coolLook in the mirror and smile. Studies surrounding what's called the "facial feedback theory" suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. So by looking in the mirror and smiling every day, you might feel happier with yourself and more confident in the long run.

9)I am gorgeous, huh?
I am gorgeous, huh?
Fake it. Along the same lines of smiling to make yourself feel happy, acting confident might actually make you believe it. Pretend you're a completely confident version of you; go through the motions and see how you feel!

10)Stick to your principles. It might be tough, but if you don't have something you can believe in, you don't have anything. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything. No matter what's happened in your life, you can always lay claim to the fact that from this day forward, you've followed your principles to the best of your ability.

11)Help others. When you know you're kind to the people around you, and are making a positive difference in other people's lives (even if it's just being kinder to the person who serves you coffee in the morning), you'll know that you are a positive force in the world--which will boost your self confidence.

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-Self-Confidence
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by kokoye(m): 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
Dr. Phil
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by upendo98(f): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
@ kokoye. an honest question. Don't you get dizzy when you look at your profile pic? or worse still migraine? Am I the first to complain? Some people have phobia for such things I will look for right name.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by kokoye(m): 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^
OK hon

I will change it for you. Or better still, remove it.

I ask though . .why are you looking for my pix . .I guess your trying to profile me?
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by upendo98(f): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
No no, relax relax.Don't even change it cz I cant go there again since I already got a migraine attack yesterday when I looked.I just can't erase those digits crisscrossing my mind.I do check for every post/thread I reply to. I discovered that the names dont match the profiles.Hard to know if your replying to male or female. Besides its your profile and you can put whatevr there.I was just expressing my honest opinion. smiley
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by Wislet(f): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2011
No wonder about the ''What does it mean if a man stares at you without blinking. . '' threads.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by kokoye(m): 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
upendo 98:

No no, relax relax.Don't even change it cz I cant go there again since I already got a migraine attack yesterday when I looked.I just can't erase those digits crisscrossing my mind.I do check for every post/thread I reply to. I discovered that the names dont match the profiles.Hard to know if your replying to male or female. Besides its your profile and you can put whatevr there.I was just expressing my honest opinion. smiley

Hope you like it now  wink

I'm male, btw.

You got a migraine attack for real?? thot your were joking around. Sorry about that. not my intention.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by upendo98(f): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
grin grin grin WHAT THE HECK! Were you auditioning for BIG BROTHER AFRICA or SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.Anyway thank you for saving us headache anyway. Great pic. Now I prefer the first!!
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by kokoye(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
lol

glad you prefer it.

read the blue text . .that's the humor in it.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by MMM2(m): 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
mama-gee

how many bottles of ODUKA did u drink 2day. (BIG STOUT) angry
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by upendo98(f): 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2011
When somebody looks at the pic, the first thing that comes into their mind is 'what is he dancing to'? And that text in blue can be interpreted in several ways.One being 'you are not God'.The other could be 'yeah am dancing but so what? you are not my daddy'.3rd is a bit sensitive. Are you conveying a message to somebody? something like 'Hes my baby not yours'.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by Pweety4me(f): 10:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
You might need a man undecided

tongue tongue
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by kokoye(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
upendo 98:

When somebody looks at the pic, the first thing that comes into their mind is 'what is he dancing to'? And that text in blue can be interpreted in several ways.One being 'you are not God'.The other could be 'yeah am dancing but so what? you are not my daddy'.3rd is a bit sensitive. Are you conveying a message to somebody? something like 'Hes my baby not yours'.

ok.

the guy's dancing becasue DNA evidence has cleared him of being the father of an unwanted child. He does not have to worry about a baby . . or think of paying child support

. . . and that's why he's crunk.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by Natasha2(f): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
You shouldn't care about what others think of you as long as you are doing the right thing
try as much as possible to think good about yourself it works a lot for me I get more beautiful each time I appreciate my self  cheesy
always look good not necessarily wearing too much make up or dress to kill but try to look good at least on the moderate side be at your best
keep a straight head and don't let anyone talk you down never ever
Try as much as possible to improve on your good sides (your character)

Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by upendo98(f): 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
I have really derailed this thread. But I dont want you to keep mourning mama ghee.Get your mind off yourself at times and see other things in life. You will discover theres more to worry about than 'is she ugly, why he waved at me etc then u start comparing yourself to others. Trust me there's always that better looking person. Will you be downcast everytime you meet smbody better than you? You will end up a very miserable person if u do.
@kokoye i clap for myself . my 3rd guess was right but from it you can see clearly a man's frm a woman's perspective.While I thought the guy is dancing (celebrating) cz tests proved Hes the Father,you on the other hand say the reverse is true.Hes happy coz hes not. Correction 'Nothing like an Unwanted baby'.Use the word unplanned for at least.
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by busygirl(f): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2011
I actually have the same problem. I hate to admit it, but I have self esteem issues. It is killing me. Even though people tell me that I'm pretty, I fail to see it. Most times, I get scared that I might never find someone who would genuinely appreciate me. And I do get intimidated easily cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by satani22: 12:29am On Jun 09, 2011
Oh my dear, i would have loved to appreciate u but u are in Uk and im in Africa. Dont do long distance appreciation
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by mamagee3(f): 2:45am On Jun 09, 2011
[size=25pt]Please guys, get the replies coming![/size]
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 09, 2011
Ignore the outside influences that have caused you this low self confidence. Nobody is born with any kind of self esteem issue, it is developed inside due to outside influence. Else we wouldn't have smile and enjoy life as babies. I'm far from being any kind of expert, but it seems that most people with confidence/self esteem issues care too much about other people. Comparing themselves to other people, and solidly basing their self worth on others opinion. Stop concerning yourself with others and their opinions and focus on your positives (everyone has something good inside them and everyone has flaws)
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by kpolli(m): 10:16am On Jun 09, 2011
mama gee,

most confident female on NL, taah stop that
Re: How Do I Get My Self-confidence Level Up? by ursa: 10:20am On Jun 09, 2011
Simple , get off the internet.

1.    Try not connecting into facebook, nairaland, bing, bb, skype, messenger for at least 2 weeks.

2.     Then try to be a normal person, talking and making friends with real people.

3.     Live a real life, go to church, movies etc and when u are in a bus or walking down the street. Observe everything .

4.     Insecurity occurs when you get your self esteem from faceless people who are sitting behind another keyboard.

5.     They do not know the real you. The real you is something so sweet even God loves you.

6.     Please the steps above will help you love the real you and know that you are unique. Live life a step at a time.

And when u re-connect to the internet, just glimpse for info and not for gossip.

(1) (Reply)

Only Bad Girls Mess Around With Bad Guys / Man Arrested For Having Sex With Donkey In Enugu / See How Foolish Some Girls reason But Think They Are In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.