Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,149 members, 7,943,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) (19502 Views)

Seen This Unusual Job Advert On Facebook? / Just Got A New Job Atlast!!!!! / How To Get A New Job After Losing Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Mide1data: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
HOLY SHIT

No 5: pray that 9ja will be free in every form of Insecurity, reccession, inflation, tribalism and buhari.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING to our country
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by chigoziri2403(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
SundayNightGist:

For your information, that post was written from start to finish by me purely using myself as a case study. Like I said at the end of the post, the things I wrote out as steps 1 to 4 are the exact things I did to get both my first and second jobs. The first job was in the second biggest company in its industry in the whole of Nigeria. Never say never bro. Keep a positive mind. I'm a living testimony.
You should not have gone through that to get a job if you are qualified,in saner climes your CV is all you need......a through put CV that can be defended
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2021
c2far:
The surest way is to find a Small sized and promising company. Show up there with skills and qualification they need. Tell them you want to work for them for free. Do an excellent job. Tell them bye after one month. They will beg you to stay and pay. It works.

But for it to work, you must be solid. And ensure you get to work early and leave late.

You get the point. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ofunaofu:
.........and last but not the least

Have God-The-Father on your side

100%!
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2021
enonche85:
Thanks for sharing. Will try any of the steps 1-3. I have tried 4 but it didn't work out. They even promised to shortlist me for an interview but they didn't.

You're welcome. Keep up the positive spirit and don't stop trying.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by lexy2014: 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Number 2 works

I one time sent an Instagram DM to the MD of a big coy and he offered me a 2 months contract.

If you see the way I packaged my message eeh

And d best u got is 2months?
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by lexy2014: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
SundayNightGist:

At least you got an interview. You could also have easily got a job but for (maybe) some personal reasons from your man. Again, nowhere in my original post did I say you should apply for a job. Applying for job, like I already pointed out, is now outdated. But thank you for sharing your personal experience. I appreciate it a lot and wish you all the best.

He or she said the interview was terminated
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 22, 2021
lexy2014:

He or she said the interview was terminated

I know bro
I was referring to him being able to secure that interview in the first place
That's commendable on his part
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by smd837(m): 5:53am On Nov 23, 2021
Thanks God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by ftosino(m): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2021
Well done OP,
I have done basically most of what you listed, but I still find it difficult securing placement for IT in these companies.

I want to request for help, Please, anyone that can assist in getting IT placement in any food and Beverage company around Apapa, Surulere axis, I will really appreciate
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by jarvis4: 10:11am On Nov 23, 2021
SundayNightGist:

And what if it works?
There's no harm in trying deary
I guess

1 Like

Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by jarvis4: 10:14am On Nov 23, 2021
kunle75:

I agree with you to an extent but some timeless principles works for everyone that applies them.
Examples sir
Cos one thing I have come to know in this life when it comes to the issues of job is that there are no steps....
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Chuknovski(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
SundayNightGist:

I agree with your first point but I also believe God can override your second point with your first point.

God favoured me before both the gateman and the receptionist the day I visited the company I was targeting without being invited. I didn't even know what the man I was going to see looked like in person (he was the MD of the company o). I was just tired of sitting at home for months after NYSC. So I went there and as I was being allowed in the man's car was driving out of the compound and I didn't even know he was the one. I couldn't cry when the receptionist told me that the man was the one in the car that just left the compound which I saw with my two korokoro eyes. Eventually, she advised me on the best time and day to get the man in the office. I thanked her, obeyed her advice and the rest as they say is history.

As much As am a Christian, and a stern believer in God's help, infact I got this far by his help, what I simply meant was the vessel he will use to bring the favour (connection)

1 Like

Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by kunle75(m): 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
jarvis4:
Examples sir
Cos one thing I have come to know in this life when it comes to the issues of job is that there are no steps....

I will use myself as one example.
In 2004 precisely I graduated from lasu in Lagos, I was already in my late 20s and also completely confused of what next steps to take.
But then I remembered at a time there was this conference organized by pastor sam adeyemi of daystar Christian center at oregun in ikeja lagos which centered around mentorship on different areas of life.
Our current vice president was one of the facilitators of the program, I learned alot and I eventually applied some of the nudgets I took away from there.

Which is voluntary service, you heard me right.
It took alot of prayers and courage to pencil down some companies name and start approaching them one after the other all around Lagos, Victoria Island precisely also with the help of a mentor i found during the program too.
The rest was history but it wasn't an easy journey though I must confess, some of the ageless principles aren't written in gold but sometimes you just have to fashion out some idea that deals with your current situation and God will crown your effort.

As am typing am currently applying for my second degree in cloud computing which is completely different from my first degree business management with alots opportunities for scholarships and learning without any restrictions and proper guidance from experts in my choosing area.

In a nut shell I agree with you that most principles are not written but an abstract and you learned through others either by sharing their experiences or reading their books.The information is available somewhere ,someone had pass through your current situation and luckily some of these experiences had been documented somewhere.
Before I forget I worked with more than three reputable IT firms on the island and Lekki axis as a solution architect before I left the country some years back and that affects my trajectory with my newly found career.
I share your sentiment anyways, time are changing and it seems things are just getting harder in naija in particular.
I pray we all find our foots someday.
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by jarvis4: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
kunle75:

I will use myself as one example.
In 2004 precisely I graduated from lasu in Lagos, I was already in my late 20s and also completely confused of what next steps to take.
But then I remembered at a time there was this conference organized by pastor sam adeyemi of daystar Christian center at oregun in ikeja lagos which centered around mentorship on different areas of life.
Our current vice president was one of the facilitators of the program, I learned alot and I eventually applied some of the nudgets I took away from there.

Which is voluntary service, you heard me right.
It took alot of prayers and courage to pencil down some companies name and start approaching them one after the other all around Lagos, Victoria Island precisely also with the help of a mentor i found during the program too.
The rest was history but it wasn't an easy journey though I must confess, some of the ageless principles aren't written in gold but sometimes you just have to fashion out some idea that deals with your current situation and God will crown your effort.

As am typing am currently applying for my second degree in cloud computing which is completely different from my first degree business management with alots opportunities for scholarships and learning without any restrictions and proper guidance from experts in my choosing area.

In a nut shell I agree with you that most principles are not written but an abstract and you learned through others either by sharing their experiences or reading their books.The information is available somewhere ,someone had pass through your current situation and luckily some of these experiences had been documented somewhere.
Before I forget I worked with more than three reputable IT firms on the island and Lekki axis as a solution architect before I left the country some years back and that affects my trajectory with my newly found career.
I share your sentiment anyways, time are changing and it seems things are just getting harder in naija in particular.
I pray we all find our foots someday.
thanks for the insight
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by kunle75(m): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
jarvis4:
thanks for the insight

Your welcome always bro
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Chuknovski:

As much As am a Christian, and a stern believer in God's help, infact I got this far by his help, what I simply meant was the vessel he will use to bring the favour (connection)

Got it.
Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Chuknovski(m): 9:40am On Nov 24, 2021
SundayNightGist:

Got it.
Congratulations once again

1 Like

Re: 4 Unusual Ways To Get A New Job (True Story) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Chuknovski:

Congratulations once again

Bless up my brother
Thank you too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons / Interview Question: Why Do You Want This Job? / Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.