Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,025 members, 7,939,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! (9949 Views)

Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application / Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Says DSS Men Are Trying To Kill Her Brother In Detention / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
Nairaboi:

Y call sum1 a fool weda he is rite or not? . My judgement : Anyone who calls anoda a fool on dis forum is but a biga fool . . .
Well, sadly, one of the problems with nairaland is the lack of moderating.  That alone has sent many knowledgable people away from this forum.  There are so many people who do not think and just insult anyone at short notice.  Please, @Jarus and @OAM4J, and @Seun, can we attempt a better job at moderating?  I still have hope.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by yesboss20(m): 12:47am On Jun 10, 2011
@OP, only time would tell whether Mr Dimeji is corrupt as labelled or not. As for now, he is guilty until proven otherwise and I pray dt justice wld be served.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 1:26am On Jun 10, 2011
Jimmy Boy:
Poster,
I dont think you are in nigeria or you have a tv or you are avail with the happenings in the national assembly if you have you would'nt be saying bankole has been victimised.is bankole not culpable of all atrocities listed by the efcc?how can loan of 10b be obtain without his consent as the speaker?why did he endorse the loan when he knew it is illegal and against the wishes of true meaning nigerians he represented.
What about accusations by dino melaye?buying of cars worth billions even before his arrest festus keyamo had raised an alarm over the scam last yr, keyamo was berated for saying such without evidence.What about the buying of fans and other electrical gadgets that was inflated dino melaye knew the scams they have been committing that was the reason they were suspended thankGod he is back to fight the battle and he has been vindicated.
However,if you dont know anything about nigeria to come out hear and vent ethnic chaunism and say bankole represents the youth if,actually he unravel the crimes committed by previous gangster what about the crimes that took place during his reign in power why did''nt expose those involved until he was arrested.why resisting arrest or going to efcc office.rest my case until you can prove otherwise
1.  Everything you have said are allegations.  He has not being convicted.  Neither have the allegations being proven to any reasonable extent.
2.  The N10bn loan was obtained with his consent.  The House of Reps followed due processBankole [/b]and his deputy [b]did not benefit from the loanEvery [/b]other [b]House member benefited N14m each including Dino Melaye.  Which means Dino Melaye lied when he claimed that Bankole took N10bn[b] personal loan[/b] for himself alone without foreknowledge of other lawmakers!
3.  Mark my words, Keyamo[b] cannot attempt to bring up the N2.4bn car scam[/b] again because it has been shown that the documents he was peddling were fake.
4.  You would wonder why all these allegations came up in the first place.  One reason was because Bankole reshuffled committee chairmen and Dino Melaye and co were on the receiving end.  Also, ex Gov. Gbenga Daniel was sponsoring Keyamo to bring down Bankole after Bankole was seen to back the successful removal of Ogun State Speaker, Titi Oseni, a loyalist to the Governor.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 2:25am On Jun 10, 2011
The Alleged N10bn loan fraud:  This allegation was brought to the fore on May 11 immediately on resumption of the House after elections.  Dino Melaye alleged that Bankole took personal N10bn loan for his own gratification without the consent or knowledge of the House( Troubled Bankole Ordered To Appear Over Impounded Cash And Unpaid Wages, House Members Move For Bankole’s Removal).

However, after a few days, the veil that some corrupt media elements, Dino Melaye and EFCC attempted to put over our eyes was blown away and everyone gradually began the see the truth:  Well barely a year ago, on the 25th of May, 2010, Deputy Speaker Nafada presided over a session where members agreed to increase their allowances by N14m each.  Reports say Bankole was away in University of Ibadan at that time.  But we know he was in Europe and affected by the Iceland Volcanic ash event that disrupted air travel at that period.  On Bankole's return, he was not happy but ensured that due process was followed by taking a N10bn loan (N2.5bn from Mgt of NASS, N1.5bn from Senate & 6bn from UBA)All members including Dino Melaye got N14m each except for Bankole and Deputy Nafada who got nothing from the increaseb(The Controversy Behind Dimeji Bankole’s , ).  By the way, the[b] loan has been fully repaid[/b] now and all owed members including Dino Melaye have received their outstanding allowances as reported in the naijan.com link above.

Well, the question to answer is this: Did Bankole violate the Fiscal Responsibility Act?  If he did, who else is a co-violator in the offence? Refererring to the link N10 billion loan: Did Bankole violate Fiscal Responsibility Act? and 2011 NASS Budget Manipulation And N10 Billion Bankole Loan: Falana Petitions FRC, you would realise if Bankole [/b]is to be charged, then the [b]National Assembly Management, the Senate, UBA [/b]and some officials of the [b]Presidency [/b]would be [b]complicit in the offence.  This is because the loan giver and the loan receiver are both offenders.  And given that the 2011 budget was signed into law to accomodate this increase in allowance, then the Presidency is complicit though the President him is immune from prosecution.  Now that is getting too messy with the Senate and the Presidency involved.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Tompolo(m): 3:38am On Jun 10, 2011
EFCC is nothing to write home about, Nuhu ribadu begin the fight agaisnt corrupting with all chasteness and when the wolves realize what would come of them, what happen? he was demoted and dismissed, he was humiliated to the last core, if not for Goodluck Jonathan that rescued the situation. So what are we talking about? Bankole is corrupt, he stole, good and fine but was it a solo effort? where are the rest culprits
EFCC has Failed Waziri had failed.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by naijaking1: 4:46am On Jun 10, 2011
Bankole is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Though the guy is not as politically savvy as he ought to have been considering his education, did you guys forget his role in frustrating GEJ ascencion to the presidency when Yar'dua died or was almost dead. The guy obviously sided with Turai and the Cabal.
Thank God for Mark, Nigeria would have been in crises longer than necessary, because somehow Bankole saw himself as an agent of the northern muslim political establishment.
All said and done, his trial should be devoid of politics---if possible.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by nduchucks: 4:55am On Jun 10, 2011
naijaking1:

Bankole is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Though the guy is not as politically savvy as he ought to have been considering his education, did you guys forget his role in frustrating GEJ ascencion to the presidency when Yar'dua died or was almost dead. The guy obviously sided with Turai and the Cabal.
Thank God for Mark, Nigeria would have been in crises longer than necessary, because somehow Bankole saw himself as an agent of the northern muslim political establishment.
All said and done, his trial should be devoid of politics---if possible.

You go out of your way to appear consistent regarding the bolded above. This is not America buddy, Bankole, Madam Ibru and all these other criminals deserve to be summarily shot as Sanusi would say. Even the blind can see that they are guilty. Stop trying to defend the indefensible. Rule of law my foot.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by naijaking1: 5:13am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^
Making excuses on why things should remain aberrent in Nigeria is not a way forward.
You need to get off that your primitive 1620 AD mentality, or should I say radical islamic mentality--that our judicial system is an unnecessary wast of time. So, anybody alleged to to have committed a crime is execute before trial
People like you and Sanusi ought to have no room in a modern and growing society like ours embarassed
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by nduchucks: 5:28am On Jun 10, 2011
naijaking1:

^^^
Making excuses on why things should remain aberrent in Nigeria is not a way forward.
You need to get off that your primitive 1620 AD mentality, or should I say radical islamic mentality--that our judicial system is an unnecessary wast of time. So, anybody alleged to to have committed a crime is execute before trial
People like you and Sanusi ought to have no room in a modern and growing society like ours embarassed

Keep burying you head in the sand. Rakumin dajij. The crimes which Bankole has been accused of, are simply the modus operandi in Nigeria. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The western legal system cannot do justice to these crimes and criminals because they serve as no deterrence. By the time you execute two or three of them, the rest will sit up. If you are old enough or have read about the firing squad judgement of armed robbers back in the day, you'd realize that it was quite effective.

You cannot lodge a gorilla in a 5 star hotel, you must treat the gorilla as the beast he is.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Alxmyr(m): 5:39am On Jun 10, 2011
what geoes around, comes around,

I remember my Yoruba childhood poetry

Kini n o f'ole se laye ti mo wa (2ce)
Aye ti mo wa kaki kin j'ale
Kaka kin j'ale
Ma kuku sise
Kilo n f'ole se laye ti mo wa,
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 6:30am On Jun 10, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Keep burying you head in the sand. Rakumin dajij. [url=http://The crimes which Bankole has been accused of, are simply the modus operandi in Nigeria. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The western legal system cannot do justice to these crimes and criminals because they serve as no deterrence.]The crimes which Bankole has been accused of, are simply the modus operandi in Nigeria. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The western legal system cannot do justice to these crimes and criminals because they serve as no deterrence.[/url]  By the time you execute two or three of them, the rest will sit up.  If you are old enough or have read about the firing squad judgement of armed robbers back in the day, you'd realize that it was quite effective.

You cannot lodge a gorilla in a 5 star hotel, you must treat the gorilla as the beast he is.

How do you know Bankole is guilty?  So we should just go on a killing spree and corruption will disappear?  All of you proclaiming that Bankole is guilty with so much confidence, can you back your conviction with just one fact?  So if majority of Nigerians are perceived to be corrupt, anybody that is accused is guilty and should be hung without the need for trial?!  Despite the fact that this person has never been tried or found guilty of any crime before?!

Is this the way you people think?  Is this the way the West you emulate handle Justice? So all those innocent people that the police shoot everyday is justified?  Without trial?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 6:51am On Jun 10, 2011
For those of you that are so sure EFCC and Farida Waziri have no ulterior motives in this persecution of Bankole, just remember:  When a  policeman arrests, detains and maltreats a fellow Nigerian based only on allegation and without investigation or proof of evidence against him, what do you call that?  Because that is exactly what is happening here.  Would you rather trust the EFCC (policeman) or the man that was arrested without any proof of guilt?!

EFCC [/b]under Farida Waziri is [b]just [/b]an arm of the Nigerian [b]Police.  So you are beating your chest that the Nigerian Police is not corrupt and can be trusted?  Please!
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by mboma(m): 7:28am On Jun 10, 2011
bankole laughing and,
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 8:23am On Jun 10, 2011
To all Nigerians that support Bankole, change your facebook profile picture to Bankole's picture today. We shall be vindicated!
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Alxmyr(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2011
bioye:

To all Nigerians that support Bankole, change your facebook profile picture to Bankole's picture today. We shall be vindicated!

HOW MUCH OF THE LOOT DID BANK OLE GAVE YOU?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 8:49am On Jun 10, 2011
Alxmyr:

HOW MUCH OF THE LOOT DID BANK OLE GAVE YOU?
It is gradually becoming obvious that you lack the mental ability to read a comment, analyse it logically and contribute constructively.  Your brain is like that of a 2-year old whose only discernible ability is to insult and instigate personal taunts at persons perceived as threats to your sorry circumstance.  I pity your parents for wasting so much money on your education all to no avail.  Don't try to impress me now.  I promise not to respond to you anymore lest I am mistaken for a bird of the same feather.  Good luck.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2011
Why not wait until the investigations are over then we can tell if bankole is innocent or not? why are you decalring his innocence before the investigations are over? Just like youths protesting in front of national assembly- silly if you ask me because where have these youths been when boko haram kills innocent Nigerians, where have they been to protest price of cement, where have they been to protest numerous corruption allegations and make sure justice is served. some youths we have in this country.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2011
andromida:

Why not wait until the investigations are over then we can tell if bankole is innocent or not? why are you decalring his innocence before the investigations are over? Just like youths protesting in front of national assembly- silly if you ask me because where have these youths been when boko haram kills innocent Nigerians, where have they been to protest price of cement, where have they been to protest numerous corruption allegations and make sure justice is served. some youths we have in this country.

Because When something important is going on, silence is a lie! - A. M. Rosenthal
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Donmeca(m): 9:55am On Jun 10, 2011
Nigeria's anti-corruption war is "Turn by turn Nigeria Limited", according to Bode George. Guess it's Bankole's turn today. The onus is on him to prove himself a victim of witch/wizard haunting.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by shirleyz: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ poster, Let Bankole defend himself or get his lawyer to do that if he is indeed not guilty. We dont need anybody to tel us he his not guilty please. As for the so called youths protesting, i rest my case cos they do not represent the true youths of this country. Most of The true youths of this country i know are battling to make ends meet and since i think Bankole didnt contribute anything to them, they wont be protestingto save him.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by 1luvkipsus: 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
Along with President Umaru Musa Yar'adua and Nuhu Ribadu under EFCC, Bankole championed this course for Nigeria. Because of Bankole's anti-corruption war, he won many enemies who feared prosecution.

Sharrup my friend!!!!!! Who is your mate that you are telling this trash?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by naijaking1: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Keep burying you head in the sand. Rakumin dajij. The crimes which Bankole has been accused of, are simply the modus operandi in Nigeria. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. The western legal system cannot do justice to these crimes and criminals because they serve as no deterrence. By the time you execute two or three of them, the rest will sit up. If you are old enough or have read about the firing squad judgement of armed robbers back in the day, you'd realize that it was quite effective.

Those facing firing squads have been convicted by armed robbery tribunals, not by some politically motivated EFCC officer. Do you see the difference
I have no problems with executing convicted thieves or criminals, please get it right, my problem is that you have demonstrated a fundamnetal flaw in reasoning by always trying to execute alleged criminals, even before you have time to investigate and try them.

The EFCC is not the judge or the jury, granted that they have prosecutorial powers. Recently, their lawyers have shown that they too have problems with accepting the nature of our juducial system. When one judge rules against, them simply go and look for another judge that will be sympathetic to them and re-present the case again to the second judge. What an aberration angry
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by JEMZSIXQO(m): 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
Bros were do you get ur source from?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by harmeenut: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
Nigerians need to realize that MOST POLITICIANS ARE THEIVES. We should thank God for human nature that makes dem plan for demselves and hang themselves, let the game continue till they are all hanged and the only people left are those that dont have any dirty pants in their wardrobes or those that wash their pants regularly.
GBAM!!! You spoke my mind
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by otitokoro1: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
Fellow NL, Beware! Abioye could be one of those area boyz who sabi to browse ooo!!!

Please let him keep posting but it is better to ignore, he is suffering from poverty of intellect grin grin grin
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Akainzo(m): 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
otitokoro1:

Fellow NL, Beware! Abioye could be one of those area boyz who sabi to browse ooo!!!

Please let him keep posting but it is better to ignore, he is suffering from poverty of intellect grin grin grin

Actually, I'd rather beware of you that make judgement on such weighty matters based on media reports and not any in-depth analysis.
Bioye is free to have a different opinion and you are free to hold yours, having a different opinion does not mean a deficient intellect or even stupidity. You would have to know that every single case is always argued by a lawyer, one for, and one against. And at the Supreme Court, they both would be SAN! Would you say the lawyer that lost was suffering from poverty of the intellect?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by niwealth: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
EITHER RIGHT OR WRONG, GOOD OR BAD, INNOCENT OR GUILTY, ONLY GOD KNOWS THE INNER BEING OF A MAN. BUT, ONE DAY WE SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT. I CELEBRATED BANKOLE FOR HIS AGE AS NUMBER 4 CITIZEN. HOW WILL IT LOOK LIKE IF HE ALONE CAN COME OUT AND SAY THE TRUTH?. ANYWAY, THE BIBLE SAYS NARROW IS THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO HEAVEN. THE ABUNDANT OF THE RICH WILL SUFFER HIM TO SLEEP. HE SHOULD BE MADE TO SHARE CELL WITH ERASTUS O. BIRDS OF THESAME FEATHER, lipsrsealed sad angry
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by IbegbuPI: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
Kindly accept my apology for sounding insolent in that post of yesterday. Well, the truth is most of our leaders steal without conscience. Assuming that they use their loot to erect factories & good businesses in Naija, one could ignore. Try & visit Lafia to see a round about built with #80m. Remember Ibori, Dariye etc, Bankole will walk free soon, not because he is not guilty but because our rule of law is suspect.
You are entitled to your feel, but my prayer is that Bankole be jailed for even a day; for the sake of our law books & better referrals for future lessons to contract mark ups. Thanks
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Connoisseur(m): 12:19am On Jun 11, 2011
Poster(teacher teach me nonsense)
The toes you are claiming he stepped on ate the same toes toes he is clinging on for support. Conspiracy theories have and would always remain in our lives.

I know a soft landing is been prepared for Bankole when he was charged with lesser crimes that could earn him less than 2 years in jail (which he would spend on a bed in a posh hospital) or make him forfeit a few millions.

If he were been hunted, why are the stakes low, why not hunt him with something bigger like the 1bn dolls in his bank acc or the 10bn loan he took? Look at your theory very well and you will see it only makes sense if you are dumb and thats the only thing Nigerian politicians arent guilty of.

I'd be happy to see Bankole convicted even if he gets to spend only a night in jail, that way he would never hold a public office again
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by BigB11(m): 10:33am On Jun 11, 2011
@topic:
I knew that this type of justification was coming; in fact, I can't believe that it took this long.

Nigeria will not develop and corruption will remain part of us till the end of time if we continue to entertain this type of rubbish justification.

The dude has been arrested, the best we can all do at this point is to give him a chance to defend himself.

Pointing fingers everywhere and embracing sentiment will only delay us from moving forward.

We should also encourage this administration to work harder toward capturing other low-life politicians, that have sucked this country dry.

Do not be a fool, don't ever feel bad for any of these bastards; let them spend all their money and the rest of their hopeless lives fighting to clean up their names. This is the only way the ones coming behind them will do what is right.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
Big B1:

@topic:
I knew that this type of justification was coming; in fact, I can't believe that it took this long.

Nigeria will not develop and corruption will remain part of us till the end of time if we continue to entertain this type of rubbish justification.

The dude has been arrested, the best we can all do at this point is to give him a chance to defend himself.

Pointing fingers everywhere and embracing sentiment will only delay us from moving forward.

We should also encourage this administration to work harder toward capturing other low-life politicians, that have sucked this country dry.

Do not be a fool, don't ever feel bad for any of these bastards; let them spend all their money and the rest of[b] their hopeless lives fighting to clean up their names[/b]. This is the only way the ones coming behind them will do what is right.

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye(Luke 6:42). Can you kindly read your post again?  Your comments reek of so much sentiment, hate, quest for jungle justice and a reluctance to weigh facts.  Hence, you are guiltier of the things you accuse me of.  Unfortunately,I doubt you are ready to let go of your bitter feelings.  For the record, my posts are replete with consistent facts that I was hoping you would attempt to disprove.  But given that the best you can do is[b] insult and curse and hope for the worst for someone whose guilt you can't ascertain[/b], I would not join issues with you.  One day when this storm is over, maybe i still hope be able to see this from my point of view.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
Connoisseur:

Poster(teacher teach me nonsense)
The toes you are claiming he stepped on ate the same toes toes he is clinging on for support. Conspiracy theories have and would always remain in our lives.

I know [/b]a soft landing is been prepared for Bankole when he was charged with lesser crimes that could earn him less than 2 years in jail (which he would spend on a bed in a posh hospital) or make him forfeit a few millions.

[b]If he were been hunted, why are the stakes low, why not hunt him with something bigger like the 1bn dolls in his bank acc or the 10bn loan he took?
Look at your theory very well and you will see it only makes sense if you are dumb [/b]and thats the only thing Nigerian politicians arent guilty of.

I'd be happy to see Bankole convicted even if he gets to spend [b]only a night in jail
, that way he would never hold a public office again

The facts I have shared are not conspiracy theories.  How do you 'know a soft landing is been prepared for Bankole'?  What you believe you know are the false reports you read from some corrupted news media? You wonder why he is not hunted for the 1bn dollars or 10bn naira?  I wonder why you responded to me when you didn't even bother to read my comments.  I have already shared the truth about the N10bn naira.  He did not steal N10bn as alleged in the lie Dino Melaye widely publicised.  It was approved as increase in allowances by the House of Reps and shared by all House of Reps members legally including Dino Melaye at N28m each though Bankole and his deputy didn't get any of the money.  The loan has now been repaid and the President has accommodated the increase in the 2011 budget which has now been signed into law.

As to your wish for him to spend at least only one night in jail, your wish may have been granted already as he has already spent 6 nights in detention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Communities Shield Boko Haram Members – SSS / Lagos Residents Lament Absence Of Infrastructure (Fashola's Projects Sinks) / Governor Abdulrazaq Decries Mass Failure Of Kwara Students In UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.