Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,993 members, 7,873,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose (9660 Views)

Flooding: Enugu Moves Against Building Defaulters, Street Traders, Nightclubs / The Return Of Recreation Parks In Enugu Coal City / Bike Man Parks To Clean Buhari's Campaign Poster In Ajah, Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by OneCorner: 7:01am On Nov 23, 2021
Tinubu why
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by SmartPolician: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2021
KosiGee:

Knock down shoprite and restore the old polo park as well.

We need more recreation parks in the coal city. Enugu is becoming congested and suffocated.

Those who built churches or other houses in the parks should be prosecuted and made to pay fines.

Old Phoenix need to be restored. Those who sold the lands and their buyers should be arrested.

If I was governor, shoprite would’ve been demolished.

I fear who no fear you! shocked
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Simdyofficial(f): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2021
fickmasson:
Ikpeazu should be learning from this man
learning from who shocked
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by stanluiz(m): 7:12am On Nov 23, 2021
Nigga44:
Anybody well grounded in Enugu will not be deceived by this cheap propaganda. We know that it is housing estates that will end up in those parks. Houses that will eventually be sold to his friends and cronies. We know this is another land grabbing mission!!!

For example, Udu Ubaka park sited in this report is not a state owned property. This land was formely owned in the 1980's by the late Igwe Stephen Udu Ubaka. Stephen Udu Ubaka was the former traditional ruler of Oraifite town in Anambra State. His children has since sold the land to a man from Awgu LGA Enugu state with the name "Duke and Gold". The man is late now.

It is a private property and discerning minds will question the mission of this land-grabbing governor on another man's property.

It will not end well for him if he ends up forcefully grabbing a widow's land from her just because he is the governor. He has done it in several other places in Enugu and God is watching him. Soon, he will blame the commissioner for being the one stealing people's properties.

This one will surely end in tears for this lazy governor!!! If he thinks nature does not have a way of balancing our deeds here on earth......let him continue.
You Sabi am well!

That she-man of a governor will sell that land and use it to build estate.

Since he was the governor of Enugu. He is busy acquring and selling all the lands in Enugu. Too bad!

No infrastructure, No beauty, No water . Enugu is now a shadow of itself.
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by EmmyCC: 7:28am On Nov 23, 2021
KosiGee:
Knock down shoprite and restore the old polo park as well.
We need more recreation parks in the coal city. Enugu is becoming congested and suffocated.

Those who built churches or other houses in the parks should be prosecuted and made to pay fines.

Old Phoenix need to be restored. Those who sold the lands and their buyers should be arrested.

If I was governor, shoprite would’ve been demolished.
For what it's worth ShopRite is vital to the State, as it serves both for recreation and shopping, as well as contributing to the IGR of the state in a way Polo can never.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Guide777(m): 7:34am On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

Ejindu park, where I learned how to ride a bicycle in 1991 grin

I was a complete "Egbe camp" through and through cheesy That is the place I grew up. We were the "boress" generation. Anybody who knows what the word means can relate to an era of technological innovation by children in that part of Enugu.

This park was well maintained with many facilities provided for our play.

You are right.. I wonder why Government of the time did not harnesss the wonderful creativity of Coal city children at the time. I remember vividly growing up in that early 90s in Abakpa area, we created our own toys, built Boress Carts (with which we fetched water from (Mmiri ocha) Ekulu river and the creative competition to build the best toy cars, Carts and innovate many things was awesome. It a golden era. Children of this Noodle age is completely lacking in creativity.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Biggers82(m): 7:49am On Nov 23, 2021
You want to restore Mkpulu Mmiri park abi that parks was built when live is good in Enugu Not now that things has gone so bad try it and see the out come
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by ucheicon(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

I can relate to this, I was in Ozalla Boys and we have a standard sports facility, including a standard football pitch and a tracks for racing. We even had a standard lawn tennis court and a volleyball pitch.

You're from ozalla?
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Ntipia: 8:46am On Nov 23, 2021
This one wants to cash out just initiating projects that he will not complete.
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2021
ucheicon:

You're from ozalla?

No, I am from Nkanu local government, but spent 6 years schooling at Ozalla Boys.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by prophetfire: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2021
karzyharsky:
Nice move
Does he have the political will to take such actions? That's the issue. He would finish talking and go to sleep.
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Ykc2(m): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2021
I swear for vienna each district you go see like 20 relaxation parks some go big as 4 football field,na for nigeria children go come back from school enter house light no dey just dey peep from balcony,no where for them to play

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by signz: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2021
Very welcome development.

Like Oliver Twist, we want some more.

He should do same for Nnaji Park in New Haven and John Nwodo close Park.

ALso a law should be passed by State Assembly and signed by Governor that makes it a must for every new estate to have park/green space and also outlawing the cutting of trees without cogent reasons (in place of one tree cut, you plant 2) in the state

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Amudeneogu: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2021
sweetonugbu:
That muritala park beside new market what are they building there?.
Nigerian communication commission has taken over the land
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Myexdisturbs: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

I was a complete "Egbe camp" through and through cheesy That is the place I grew up. We were the "boress" generation. Anybody who knows what the word means can relate to an era of technological innovation by children in that part of Enugu.

So you're up to 50 years and engaging in tribal banter on nairaland. Nawa o
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Myexdisturbs: 11:58am On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

No, I am from Nkanu local government, but spent 6 years schooling at Ozalla Boys.
But bros there is nothing like Nkanu LGA, it's either Nkanu West or Nkanu East
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Myexdisturbs: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2021
Ykc2:
I swear for vienna each district you go see like 20 relaxation parks some go big as 4 football field,na for nigeria children go come back from school enter house light no dey just dey peep from balcony,no where for them to play
Too bad, children need to play 80% of their time
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by spyder880(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

But bros there is nothing like Nkanu LGA, it's either Nkanu West or Nkanu East

As at the time I was talking about, there was only one Nkanu local government area.
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Myexdisturbs: 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

As at the time I was talking about, there was only one Nkanu local government area.
Yeah, but which of them now are you? Lots of things have also changed. I'm sure as at then you were also in Anambra state together with Present Anambra and Abakaliki area. So why didn't you also tell us, it is Anambra State? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by dettolgel: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please the governor should not forget osadebe Park opposite WTC in Ogui.
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by dettolgel: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

So you're up to 50 years and engaging in tribal banter on nairaland. Nawa o

Who ask you?

I can recall him engaging in such. He has a construction business with good patronage by NL members and as such behaves himself here.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by sweetonugbu: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Amudeneogu:
Nigerian communication commission has taken over the land
ok thanks
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by Ykc2(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Too bad, children need to play 80% of their time
for sure
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
sweetonugbu:
That muritala park beside new market what are they building there?.

I hope they're not building anything there! ALL areas designated for parks should be used solely for the purpose they were marked out for....and i don't mean the usual LOCAL nonsense the governor is known for! He should travel to London and see what proper parks look like!
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by shantti(m): 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

We were the "korosa" generation.
What about "tanasia" who can still remember what that word means
Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by shantti(m): 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

I think he should build another Polo park instead. We need a centrally located shopping plaza like Shoprite, where there are other facilities like a ferris wheel, etc.

He can do a new Polo park around Nchatancha Nike.

A new park should be situated in a central place, those big empty lands opposite okpara square is a good place.
They should add more more utilities in Polo Park, that ferries wheel is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by sweetonugbu: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

I hope they're not building anything there! ALL areas designated for parks should be used solely for the purpose they were marked out for....and i don't mean the usual LOCAL nonsense the governor is known for! He should travel to London and see what proper parks look like!
They said NCC Has taken over the land, ikegwuru.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by ucheicon(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
spyder880:

Great. That's my villa. My uncles attended that school and are very active in the alumni association

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Moves To Restore Recreation Parks To Original Purpose by spyder880(m): 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
ucheicon:

Great. That's my villa. My uncle's attended that school and are very active in the alumni association

That's cool, I enjoyed my stay at Ozalla under the Chief Ogbogu. I entered every nook and cranny of Ozalla, Akegbe ugwu and Obuofia. It was fun in those days. I also attend the old boys events.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos An Overhyped And Dirty City. / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Filling Stations Refuse To Sell / Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.