Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,768 members, 7,889,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:56 PM

His Royal Majesty, Tor Tiv Installed As UNIBEN Chancellor (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / His Royal Majesty, Tor Tiv Installed As UNIBEN Chancellor (Photos) (172 Views)

340% Tarrif Hike: Darkness Looms As UNIBEN Says 'We Can't Afford N280m Bill' / Outrage As UNIBEN Security Slaps Student Over Alleged Indecent Dressing / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Royal Majesty, Tor Tiv Installed As UNIBEN Chancellor (Photos) by Siggynigeria: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2021
Update from

Read Previous Thread : https://www.nairaland.com/6643656/buhari-appoints-tor-tiv-new#103649645

Following his earlier appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari, His Royal Majesty, Prof. James Ortese Iorzua Ayatse, Tor-Tiv was formally installed on Monday, 22nd November 2021 as the Chancellor, the University of Benin at a colorful Special Convocation Ceremony.

Immediately his installation, the first assignment performed by the Chancellor was the opening of the Royal Choice Inn, which was built by former basketball star, Felix Akiga, Royal Choice Limited.

The ceremony, which took place at the Ugbowo campus of the school, was part of activities to mark the 51st Founders’ Day and 47/48 convocation ceremony of the University.

Speaking at the event, the Chancellor said he was excited to the be entrusted with the huge responsibility.

He noted that he is committed to discharging his responsibilities diligently, effectively to the benefit of staff and students as well as the overall progress of the country.

He said: “I am aware of the challenges currently being faced by government-owned institutions and the enormous expectations on the school’s management to deliver on their objectives. Let me assure you that I will use my wealth of experience and resourcefulness to partner with the Governing Council to make the university a citadel of excellence.

“As a traditional ruler who primary responsibility is to ensure peace and harmony among the people and as an Ambassador of Peace, I want to assure the University community that fairness, equity and inclusiveness, which are the bedrock of sustaining peace, will be upheld. I enjoin stakeholders and members of the University community to embrace peace and adopt dialogue as the only route to resolving our areas of dissension in a sustainable manner,” he added.

The Royal father urged the University Senate to develop criteria for character assessment by endowing in perpetuity the HRM Professor and HRM ((Mrs) James Ortese Iorzua Ayatse prize for the Best-Behaved Student with effect from next academic session.

Vice Chancellor of the institution, Professor Lilian Salami, said the school had felt a sense of pride that such a distinguished academic and traditional ruler of his type was selected as the Chancellor at a time when the wisdom and experience of reputable leaders in our society are needed.

“Coincidentally, the Royal father is the 10th substantive Chancellor of the school while I am the 10th substantive Vice Chancellor our great University. We look forward with pride to working with you and pray that God gives you excellent health to carry out your responsibilities as Chancellor of our great university.”

https:///his-royal-majesty-tor-tiv-installed-as-uniben-chancellor-photos/

Seun
Lalasticlala

Re: His Royal Majesty, Tor Tiv Installed As UNIBEN Chancellor (Photos) by Siggynigeria: 9:51am On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations, your majesty
Re: His Royal Majesty, Tor Tiv Installed As UNIBEN Chancellor (Photos) by isaiah4life(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations his royal majesty. Uniben, food don show.

(1) (Reply)

Becoming A CRA After Clinical Research Courses / Missing NECO/GCE Result / Delta School Teacher Beaten To Death By A Student For Flogging His Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.