Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:55 PM

Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland (1336 Views)

My Experience Getting My NIN In Poland / Two Nigerians & One Sudanese Deported For Illegal Stay In India (Photos) / Poland Work Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by Or11: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Two Nigerians from Lublin ended up on the dock. They were to deceive dozens of women, claiming to be, for example, American military. Their loot was nearly PLN 2 million, the prosecutor's office determined.

The investigation into this case lasted for over two years. The investigators had to reach dozens of victims from various countries. The trial in the District Court in Lublin will not be short either. On Monday, the indictment could not even be read. Pursuant to the recently amended regulations, the court must notify all aggrieved persons from the European Union about the trial. It should be done by February 9, 2022, because then the first hearing was scheduled.

The main defendants - Chukwudi I. and his friend Idasu A. - have been arrested from the beginning of the case. On Monday, their defense lawyers demanded that their clients be released on bail. The prosecutor objected, noting that the accused could flee the country. The decision to extend the detention will be made by the Court of Appeal in Lublin.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by Or11: 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
According to the findings of the prosecutor's office, Nigerians have been involved in frauds for nearly four years. Officially, Chukwudi I. studied nursing, Idasu A. worked as a nurse in a hospital. After hours, however, they pretended to be American military and engineers. They seduced women they met online, and then extorted money from them, the investigators argue.

It appears from the case file that they operated in a larger group. Their compatriots provided them with false passports. Using these documents, Nigerians opened bank accounts. One of them, in an outpost in Chekhov in Lublin, founded Idadów A., pretending to be Sophia George.

The Nigerian woman and her companion were looking for victims not only in Poland, but also in Germany, Scandinavia, Great Britain and Belarus. They mostly used Facebook. They promised the women they met there to live together. Then they asked for money.

One of the victims - Krystyna B. - was convinced that she was talking to an American officer who was on a mission in Syria. The man was to send a package with $ 3 million to Lublin. To collect it, it was enough to pay the shipping costs. Krystyna B. thus lost over 90 thousand. zloty.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by KingEverest: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
embarassed
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by TheRealOwner(m): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by Jay5mie: 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Disgrace from the North

Embarrassment from the west

Shame from the east

Una dun kuma finish this country for we Niger Deltans.

My fellow Niger Deltans, abeg make we separate ourselves from this miscreants.

4 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by BunmiBie: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
This is how it ends for people that ask questions like

"How is Poland" Is it a place where one can hustle"

It's well with their ass in the jail undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by dasparrow: 7:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
This is what happens to all these folks I see here in the travel section asking whether they are jobs in Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Cyprus, Poland, India, Russia and the likes. When you advise them accordingly, they don't listen. They still travel and then find out the hard way that the grass is not exactly greener on the other side and before you know it, they begin to engage in crime just to survive. Nigerians are hard headed I tell you. Very soon, no country will give Nigerians visa again.

7 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Na wa oh

People are never satisfied

Nigerians which way na, Una done cast EVERYWHERE for us

We must realise that we must not all be millionaires or billionaires, ee should be content with whatever we have.

Job boku so why not work, they Pay on time and pay reasonable amount especially for the nursing jobs these guys are into.

Why are people from certain Tribes too greedy?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
Jay5mie:
Disgrace from the North

Embarrassment from the west

Shame from the east

Una dun kuma finish this country for we Niger Deltans.

My fellow Niger Deltans, abeg make we separate ourselves from this miscreants.

I wish on our passports they would be something to differentiate us

I bet you our Niger Delta passport will be more valuable than the passports of people from other places with the number of international crimes they commit and the notoriety they've gained.

Do you know that in South Africa and Dubai they know Igbo's? Long story short something happened in Sharjah one Igbo boy Nnamdi scammed his fellow Nigerians and they reported to their boss and the Arab guy that came to settle it said "you Igbo's why do you always give your country bad name" I shock.
In South Africa too they know Yoruba's and Igbo's for certain things.

And instead of advising themselves, they'll be making excuses or saying what we have been noticing for many years now is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by Smithkline200: 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
Wait…. These dudes are nurses in Poland….

What else are the looking for.

Little wonder Poland has stop giving dates for visa interview.
Re: Two Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In Poland by Blurpy: 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2021
If Nigerians no cast anywhere dem go with their bad behaviour, dem no go rest

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Travels To Las Vegas / 9/11: Where Were You? / Nigerians In Russia, Holla!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.